Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

"You come on my girls site and talk sh1t".

She tagged him in the picture. What a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Garbrandt is going to get 50-45'd heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Cody gonna get rekt

Cruz will dance rings round him landing shots at will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If Cody connects he's night night time for Dom though.

The the one thing people are over looking.

I don't think Dom can knock Cody out, or finish him at all.

I think Cody can one punch sleep Dom, if he's willing to walk him down and walk though a peppering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think Cody can one punch sleep Dom, if he's willing to walk him down and walk though a peppering.

I don't think anyone is overlooking that at all.

It's Cruz' movement which will make that a tall task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Not being overlooked at all (I hope), all it takes is that one punch from Cody and Cruz is waking up with a crowd around him.

Having that one punch KO power and being able to land it though are two different things, especially with someone as elusive as Cruz. He doesn't exactly stand there waiting for you to swing at him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Almeida blocks punches with his face so as impressive as Cody's boxing is that last win just proved again how powerful he is but I can see him hitting air for the night hes probably a bit early for this fight not near his peak yet be surprised if he wins a round tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Gamebred wrote: »
    Almeida blocks punches with his face so as impressive as Cody's boxing is that last win just proved again how powerful he is but I can see him hitting air for the night hes probably a bit early for this fight not near his peak yet be surprised if he wins a round tbh.

agree there, definitely 2-3 fights away from being ready...cody has the power but i cant see him landing...easy 50-45 for dom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I was having a look at Khabib's professional record and a lot of his professional wins were in 2 round fights... should that not mean that either they don't count or that the trial/house fights on TUF that are often 2 rounds should count on a professional record?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I was having a look at Khabib's professional record and a lot of his professional wins were in 2 round fights... should that not mean that either they don't count or that the trial/house fights on TUF that are often 2 rounds should count on a professional record?

Sure wasn't Pride 2 rounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sure wasn't Pride 2 rounds?

Wasn't it one 10min and then 5min? Effectively the same as the modern MMA in terms of time limit.

I'm pretty sure they are not pro fights because the results arent made immediately available to the NSAC (and therefore the public) so as not to spoil the show.
    And they aren't getting paid per fight so not really professional in that respect either

tuf fights are put down as ''exhibition fights'' as far as I know...on khabibs record, its impressive but there are a few red flags it might be a bit padded...very poor caliber of opposition pre-ufc aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nobody is fighting murderers before they go to the ufc; id say the vast majority of fighters pre ufc are v garbage; your only as good as your last win; and his last win was against a very good Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Just on TUF, Apparently for the next season UFC have contacted several current members of the Lightweight and Welterweight roster to gauge interest for an 'Allstar' season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Just on TUF, Apparently for the next season UFC have contacted several current members of the Lightweight and Welterweight roster to gauge interest for an 'Allstar' season.

The only way they can save TUF is if the winner of a season like that gets the CMG money fight for the 155 title, I hate dragging him into other threads but it seems like the type of thing fighters would kill each other for and fans would tune in to see. I like the idea of the current season but a fight with Mighty Mouse just doesn't matter enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Presumably with a title shot for the winner. Not convinced it will help the format really I think it needs more of an overhaul than just that fingers crossed they've got something fresh for it.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The only way they can save TUF is if the winner of a season like that gets the CMG money fight for the 155 title, I hate dragging him into other threads but it seems like the type of thing fighters would kill each other for and fans would tune in to see. I like the idea of the current season but a fight with Mighty Mouse just doesn't matter enough.

Don't click the spoiler tags if you're watching the season and don't want the ending ruined.

Especially
    Seeing as the guy who wins, Tim Elliot fought in the UFC and went 2-4, now gets a title shot.
    jimmii wrote: »
    Presumably with a title shot for the winner. Not convinced it will help the format really I think it needs more of an overhaul than just that fingers crossed they've got something fresh for it.

Yeah probably. Hopefully they can bring their actual camps in though. Think its crazy guys have to work with coaches they've never met before for what, 2 weeks, then go out and have to fight the biggest fight of most of their lives.

Yeah probably. Hopefully they can bring their actual camps in though. Think its crazy guys have to work with coaches they've never met before for what, 2 weeks, then go out and have to fight the biggest fight of most of their lives.

think they go back to their own camps for a good while after the show wraps before the tuf finale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

All-star season as in what, multiple coaches or UFC fighters fighting in TUF?

Depp wrote: »
    think they go back to their own camps for a good while after the show wraps before the tuf finale

Yeah but during the show. They should be allowed to bring some members of their camps with them, or do it in their gyms and fly to Vegas for the fights seeing as their UFC fighters already.

Yeah but during the show. They should be allowed to bring some members of their camps with them, or do it in their gyms and fly to Vegas for the fights seeing as their UFC fighters already.

ah right i see what you mean, yeah would make more sense for the fighters but i can imagine it would get a bit crowded from a tv standpoint. show needs either refreshing or scrapping at this stage format is gone stale and doesnt really work anymore, att-blackzillians season was a good idea but they mishandled it and it fell completely on its face

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I still like TUF.

Over the last few years the women's strawweight one was really interesting as that was for the title and the opening of a new division. I liked the ATT v Blackzilians one and McGregor v Faber's one was great for obvious reasons.

I only watched 2 or 3 episodes of this season as I saw the spoiler online early into the season and I have no interest in *spoiler about the winner coming up*
    watching someone who went 2-4 in the UFC, 0-3 in his last 3 UFC fights, getting a shot at the title. If I'm watching TUF, I want to see some new faces, fresh talent. If Elliott hadn't won, I probably would have stuck with it regardless of knowing the winner, but the UFC dropped a bollock by not having this exclusively kept to people who are new to the UFC IMO.

That said, I think the only way to get people back onside that have gotten sick of it is to have a comeback season. I doubt even an all-star format would do it now especially as it's hard to see anyone with even a slightly big name participating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think a tuf season styled more like the wimp2warrior show would be better

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I think a tuf season styled more like the wimp2warrior show would be better

Always thought that too. Winner fights CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh I would like to see that too.

Shame the spoiler tags don't keep things hidden when you quote I hadn't watched the final dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jon Jones is gonna be on the JRE on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like Cole, i.. I kinda of love Cole... I love him like my b1tch. If he dies....he dies. Ah good times.

In all serious, makes you really wish a fighters union was in place. Although if it did, I'd say half the roster would be cut.

As for TUF, I'm still enjoying it, helps when my missus is a big fan of it as well and gives out about their shyte drunk talk and just wants to get to the fights. Hope they keep it going but definitely needs a mixup. Having an 'all star' season would be interesting but it should be non top 10 guys with a Harley and 100k going to the winner. It would give people a chance of marketing themselves, upping their profile and at the same keep the rankings intact by not giving the winner a title shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement