Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, wonder much of that is true because Chael. Then again, it does suit his snake persona :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The responses here are hilarious. Anyone involved needs better agency. Conor should avoid of because everyone is bitter and salty.

You'd swear mma began and ended with Conor.

I don't think the better agent comment had anything to do with the Fighters Union/Org. It was specific to TJ.
    He was making good money as champ, but when he lost the belt he was back to chump change. People, can blame that on the UFC being tight if they want. But the reality is a contract that he and his agent agreed to. I'd find it very hard to believe its the best deal that was possible. It really looks like he went back to finish off his TUF contract. Not protecting against that is shortsighted (esp with Cruz returning).

Obviously I don't know if its the agents fault, or TJs fault. But it feels like somebodys fault to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

TJ was getting 50/50 as champion for two fights after he dismantled barao is madness. He was on 70/70 for the Cruz fight and lost and went back to 25/25. Who ever organized that must have had some ridiculous faith in TJ not to lose the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads...my chrome seems to have logged me out of my fight club forum....its asking me to log in at https://services.sparkart.net is this legit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ASOT wrote: »
    TJ was getting 50/50 as champion for two fights after he dismantled barao is madness. He was on 70/70 for the Cruz fight and lost and went back to 25/25. Who ever organized that must have had some ridiculous faith in TJ not to lose the belt.

He's repped by CAA. They are like the second biggest talent agency in the world, second only WME-IMG. They also rep GSP, Cain Velasquez among a host of others.

If you think they aren't gonna get him the best deal possible you are mistaken. Except for the hardcore fans, 135 and below doesn't draw. It was the same for Cruz and it's the same for Dillashaw. I have a feeling people repped by CAA are treated worse by the UFC because of their long standing links with WME. WME and CAA are massive rivals and WME has had definite influence in the UFC over the last 2 years, well before the takeover, with things like the Reebok deal being pushed by Ari Emaneul because it would make the UFC more "sellable".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Jones is going live on Rogan at 8pm, hope Rogan doesnt give him too easy a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Gamebred wrote: »
    Jones is going live on Rogan at 8pm, hope Rogan doesnt give him too easy a time.

He 100% will. It'll be more of an ass licking fest than an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

He 100% will. It'll be more of an ass licking fest than an interview.

Defo his buddying up with Lance Armstrong when he had him on that time was utter cringe and more or less included a running commentary on how Lances wrongdoings were justified. :(

Defo his buddying up with Lance Armstrong when he had him on that time was utter cringe and more or less included a running commentary on how Lances wrongdoings were justified. :(

It's how he is, Joe would never ask the hard questions to a big character. He'll only bully the little fishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Maybe he'll cry again too

• Advertisement

Jon still playing the nice guy act of course.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

tbh that's kind of a popular opinion in the states of what Lance did.

cycling wasn't that popular over there before Lance so a lot of people know very little of what happened.

then when there were so many other guys doing drugs in cycling some people are of the opinion that why is Lance the only one being hung out to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Joe rogan is a coward

Surprised Jon's ego could fit in the door, quite the high opinion he has of himself.

Surprised Jon's ego could fit in the door, quite the high opinion he has of himself.

Probably one of few people in the world who can have such a high opinion of himself, as much as a turn off that it is.

Probably one of few people in the world who can have such a high opinion of himself, as much as a turn off that it is.

You're justifying it? I'm not talking fighting, which he's fantastic at, I mean everything. He does no wrong in his head, and he comes across as a compulsive liar.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's repped by CAA. They are like the second biggest talent agency in the world, second only WME-IMG. They also rep GSP, Cain Velasquez among a host of others.

If you think they aren't gonna get him the best deal possible you are mistaken. Except for the hardcore fans, 135 and below doesn't draw. It was the same for Cruz and it's the same for Dillashaw.
    I think it a big assumption to think that everyone in CAA (or any agency) does the best job all of the time, for all of their clients. Since when was he with CAA? which is relevant.
    but I do agree hat 135 is a harder sell than the heavier divisions.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    then when there were so many other guys doing drugs in cycling some people are of the opinion that why is Lance the only one being hung out to dry.
    Lance is remotely the only one that was treated that way.
    The only reason his public profile is diminished more is because he was the only one with a profile to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I Like how he caught himself mid-sentence when he mentioned a liver cleanse product as just the average thing you take with your whey and fish oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Will give it a brief listen tomorrow but will have to stop at the bit where Rogan starts physically fellating him live on air.

Actually forgot to mention was listening to Joey Diaz's pod the other day and he was saying Ronda is really pissed off with Rogan after her loss over stuff he said, he was shedding tears on the podcast when she was on a while ago lol.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    I Like how he caught himself mid-sentence when he mentioned a liver cleanse product as just the average thing you take with your whey and fish oil.

https://teamgat.com/store/#!/LIVER-CLEANSE/p/53228032

Who conveniently sponsor......Jon Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

It's more the reason why people take liver cleansing products, there promoted as something you take while on steroids and as part of a pct as the liver is the organ than can take a beating. If he had just listed it out along with a long line of other things then fair enough, but as soon as he said it he kinda caught himself and paused.

Disclaimer: I think Jones is a lying sack of sh1t so I might be a slightly/extremely biased tehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I didn't think Joe was too bad with him considering it's just meant to be a conversation. He even kept reiterating questions when Jones tried to change the subject and he called Jones up when he was trying to rationalise his behaviour by saying other people do worse things. I doubt Joe could've really got anything more out of him by pressing him about the validity of his tainted supplement excuse.

Wasn't a massive fan of Jon Jones before, but I like him even less now. He really doesn't care about anything other than himself, even after all the recent sh1t. It's so obvious when he's lying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I didn't think Joe was too bad with him considering it's just meant to be a conversation. He even kept reiterating questions when Jones tried to change the subject and he called Jones up when he was trying to rationalise his behaviour by saying other people do worse things. I doubt Joe could've really got anything more out of him by pressing him about the validity of his tainted supplement excuse.

Wasn't a massive fan of Jon Jones before, but I like him even less now. He really doesn't care about anything other than himself, even after all the recent sh1t. It's so obvious when he's lying too.

I wouldn't blame Joe too much, Jon had his publicist with him, they were there to shut down the interview at any possible moment.

He did retweet this after the the interview, as well as the hashtag #dickpills

https://twitter.com/tokiojones/status/804453902141837312

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

how lucky was that lady on the bike?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Depp wrote: »

Bermudez is a tough fight to come back to. Probably could have looked for an easier one so fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd say KZ just wanted to get right back in where he was and top get back into contention asap.

Should be an interesting fight.

Cannot wait for Mickey Gall to strangle Sage this month, that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cannot wait for Mickey Gall to strangle Sage this month, that is all.

Sage's BJJ is so basic. Like bad blue blue belt basic from what I've seen so far.

Gall will rag doll him and then rip his head off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement