Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Have we any idea of what Gall's stand-up is like though? Aren't all his fights early subs against cans? If his stand-up is awful Northcutt could easily kick the head off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't stand Gall, hope Sage wrecks him. Cmon Mr. Northcutt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Both Gall and Northcutt seriously remind me of 70s movie characters. Sage the flawless hero of a corny kids movie, Gall is like a greaser bully or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Carla Esparza is selling her Harley she got from winning TUF. She says she just has enough money in her bank account to tide her over for another 2 months. It seems like the UFC want to match her up with Claudia but she wants a tune up fight first.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNhRUrvhdl4/?taken-by=carlaesparza1&hl=en
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my 2015 Harley Breakout that I won on The Ultimate Fighter 20 "A Champion Will be Crowned". Brand new (bc of my shoulder surgery), purchase price was $19,799. Going with highest bid OBO.

It's very unfortunate that I am selling this bike not because I want to, but because I HAVE to in order to make ends meet. After having a year off from shoulder surgery (injury obtained at UFC 185), taking a short notice fight, and then 8 months since that fight, I literally have enough in my bank account to pay for 2 more months of bills.

I need to fight and have been asking for a fight for so long, multiple times a week. I know I can make my run again but I also know that after being off for so long that I'm not ready to fight a title contention fight right away and all I'm being offered is the #1 contender (whom I've accepted and been scheduled to fight 2x in the past). I'm 100% down for that fight. I just asked for just one non-title contention fight with an actual camp after having so much time off from injury and the result is being benched for 8 months and still no word of a fight, not even a whisper. I'm at a loss of what to do. When I make my run, my intention is to WIN not because I'm being forced to when I'm not ready.

Just frustrated and sad :( if anyone is interested in buying my Harley or knows someone that might please contact me at carlakristen1010@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sage's BJJ is so basic. Like bad blue blue belt basic from what I've seen so far.

Looks like that to me alright.
    I've seen some of his grappling videos, and just looks like he was relying on his athleticism rather than BJJ abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Carla should have taken it easy on the 1000 dollar ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jesus, Maynard looks sick at his early weigh in.

www.twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/804767278541615105

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Good job hes not fighting a power puncher, interesting style match up all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mellor wrote: »
    Jesus, Maynard looks sick at his early weigh in.

www.twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/804767278541615105

Made me switch to Hall he looks shocking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,185 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

More cost cutting measures from the new owners, more layoffs including Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Delighted they kicked Hughes to the kerb absolutely hate him complete moron was anything but a liason for the fighter complete company man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Liddell is a twat too, let's be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Liddell is a twat too, let's be honest.

You sir may take that back
    Or me and my mate Chuck are coming for you
    One punch to his chin might knock him tfo but best of luck trying to beat me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Chuck comes across like a bit of a thicko but Hughes is a snide bugger.

But there's no surprise that they have been let go. Both were basically given a job because they were (a)legends and more importantly (b)good friends with Dana. There's no room for sentimentality or cronyism when you're put $4b on a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DrPhilG wrote:
    But there's no surprise that they have been let go. Both were basically given a job because they were (a)legends and more importantly (b)good friends with Dana. There's no room for sentimentality or cronyism when you're put $4b on a purchase.

Doesn't Forrest still have a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Forrest actually puts in the work. He travels to most events and does lots of pre fight stuff. Liddel and Hughes were given made up titles and contributed very little but they were rewarded for their service to the UFC. Kind of like a pension that you only get if you are friends with the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Lukker- wrote:
    Forrest actually puts in the work. He travels to most events and does lots of pre fight stuff. Liddel and Hughes were given made up titles and contributed very little but they were rewarded for their service to the UFC. Kind of like a pension that you only get if you are friends with the owners.

Are there any other ex fighters with post retirement jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

to be fair to forrest it seems like actually does a good bit behind the scenes...all you see of the other two these days is the odd photo-op at events in vegas

also this'll come as bad news for hendo anyway, thats his retirement plans gone!

Stoked for 50 year old Hendo fighting Bisping to complete the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hughes and lidell got the job because they were names in mma before people became names, Forrest works his ****ing ass off for the ufc and should keep his job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Anyone going to the Fight Night in London on March 18th?

shocksy wrote: »
    Anyone going to the Fight night in London on March 18th?

Yeah Im heading to cheltenham for a few days then getting the train down for the UFC hopefully Seery and Gunni are on it not expecting a great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ive a hotel reserved on booking.com. I'll see what fights come up before tickets are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Not expecting a great card either, but would be great to have Seery's last fight and a Gunni fight on the card. If flights are cheap enough I'll probably head over for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I've a place to stay over there so will just need to get tickets.

One complaint I'd have is that it's always a flat atmosphere in the 02 (bar the Bisping Anderson Silva fight). Even with English fighters it doesn't matter for obvious reasons.

There's always a good Swedish contingent with Swedes on the card.

I'd be confident Jimi Manuwa will be main or co-main. Mark Diakese will be up there on the card too as will Leon Edwards.

Would love a Barboza or somebody along those lines but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Dan Hardy might be a possibility he was doing a trial weight cut in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dan Hardy might be a possibility he was doing a trial weight cut in Manchester.

How did it go?

He wants to fight at LW if he does come back. He's definitely smaller than he was before but it'd still be a tough cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Any news potential fights for the card?

I'm not expecting much but the fight club sub is still active so it may be an excuse for a few of the lads to come over

Cruz: "I wish [Faber] nothing but the best. However, his lil step-son Cody is about to get worked & that'll affect him. Im sorry about that"

Good stuff from Cruz on the MMAHour there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

DJ seems to have gotten a bump in pay
    TUF finale ($350,000 + no win bonus = $350,000)
    UFC 197 $195,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
    UFC 191 $191,000 (includes $58,000 win bonus)
    UFC 186 ??
    UFC 178 $183,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement