Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

CatFromHue wrote: »
    DJ seems to have gotten a bump in pay
    TUF finale ($350,000 + no win bonus = $350,000)
    UFC 197 $195,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
    UFC 191 $191,000 (includes $58,000 win bonus)
    UFC 186 ??
    UFC 178 $183,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)

Deserved one he lost a fortune from his Microsoft sponsorship when reebok came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ASOT wrote: »
    Deserved one he lost a fortune from his Microsoft sponsorship when reebok came in.

He actually wasn't getting that much money from Microsoft, he talked about it on the JRE. He said lots of other fighters made good money from sponsors but he wasn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lukker- wrote: »
    He actually wasn't getting that much money from Microsoft, he talked about it on the JRE. He said lots of other fighters made good money from sponsors but he wasn't one of them.

Could have sworn he said he lost a good bit from it; must have misread compleatly my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cowboy with the terrible fake neck tattoo...

• Advertisement

Cowboy with the terrible fake neck tattoo...

hopefully its fake anyway for his sake! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Depp wrote: »
    hopefully its fake anyway for his sake! :D

Jesus I think it's real... Gob****e.

Jesus I think it's real... Gob****e.

It's henna, he said it on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it just me that can't stand Cowboy? He is one annoying prick IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    DJ seems to have gotten a bump in pay
    TUF finale ($350,000 + no win bonus = $350,000)
    UFC 197 $195,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
    UFC 191 $191,000 (includes $58,000 win bonus)
    UFC 186 ??
    UFC 178 $183,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)

The previous 4 may have included PPV shares. Maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Paully D wrote: »

I liked him for a short while but the more he opened his mouth the more I disliked him. He genuinely seems like the dumbest lad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Paully D wrote:

Seems like the kind of guy who'd smack your missus on the ass and then ask you what you're gonna do about it....

Mellor wrote: »
    The previous 4 may have included PPV shares. Maybe not

Don't think he did, think I remember him saying that he opted out of PPV cut so he could get better show/fight money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Seems like the kind of guy who'd smack your missus on the ass and then ask you what you're gonna do about it....

I can't remember if that was debunked or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He'd be asleep in the corner after 2 bottles of Budweiser if his appearance on Rogan's podcast is anything to go by. :pac:

Paully D wrote:
    He'd be asleep in the corner after 2 bottles of Budweiser if his appearance on Rogan's podcast is anything to go by.

He'd still whoop my ass if I tried to do anything about it though!

I can't remember if that was debunked or not?

Depends whether you believe Bobby Green or not. One man's word against another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So looks like we will have a womens featherweight division soon enough.

Cyborg has turned down 2 offers so far but it cant be that far away
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/6/13854316/dana-white-cris-cyborg-ufc-featherweight-title-fights

It's about time really. People say the talent isn't there, and it currently isn't in the UFC but there is plenty of potential. I think a lot more people will jump ship from K-1, Kickboxing, BJJ and Judo now that they have a FW division. The likes of Kayla Harrison who says she could never make 135 definitely has star potential and she's transitioning to MMA currently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Looking forward to Lando Vannata fighting the weekend his first fight since he kicked Tony Fergusons head in and then got subbed, full camp Lando is #1 contender material...

Friday nights card is the worst Ive ever seen I think too.

• Advertisement

It's about time really. People say the talent isn't there, and it currently isn't in the UFC but there is plenty of potential. I think a lot more people will jump ship from K-1, Kickboxing, BJJ and Judo now that they have a FW division. The likes of Kayla Harrison who says she could never make 135 definitely has star potential and she's transitioning to MMA currently.

I definitely don't think the talent is there right now. I couldn't name 3 top FWs. And I doubt they'd scrape together a top 10 without taking the piss.

wonder what the rules around cowboys henna re the reebok deal is? seeing as its his brand logo I didnt think it'd be allowed...like whats to stop gsp fighting with a big fcuk off under armour logo henna'd onto his back if thats the case?

Mellor wrote: »

I definitely don't think the talent is there right now. I couldn't name 3 top FWs. And I doubt they'd scrape together a top 10 without taking the piss.

Build it and they will come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Its hilarious that less than a month ago Cyborg was trashing the UFC for not having a 145 pound division for her knowing that she turned down fights to headline the division! Her versus Holly would have been a good title fight for the belt shame its not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Gamebred wrote: »
    Looking forward to Lando Vannata fighting the weekend his first fight since he kicked Tony Fergusons head in and then got subbed, full camp Lando is #1 contender material...

He did well against Ferguson and I really like him but #1 contender material is a stretch based on what he's done to date. Ferguson definitely took him too lightly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

qwabercd wrote: »
    He did well against Ferguson and I really like him but #1 contender material is a stretch based on what he's done to date. Ferguson definitely took him too lightly.

Turn your sarcasm detector on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Its hilarious that less than a month ago Cyborg was trashing the UFC for not having a 145 pound division for her knowing that she turned down fights to headline the division! Her versus Holly would have been a good title fight for the belt shame its not happening.

It's not hilarious. She risked her health making those cuts to 140, and she worries that she has now permanently damaged her body by doing so. She is not willing to make regular/frequent cuts to 145 until she feels that she has allowed her body to sufficiently recover.

The UFC should have had the 145 weight class for her from the start. What was the point in having her fight at 140? Those extra 5lbs from 145 to 140 would have been torture for her, as shown by the videos she released of her weight cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

tim elliot was on gareth a davies podcast on monday night saying uriah faber is injured and he is stepping in to fight brad pickett , cant see any mention of it anywhere else

To be fair to cyborg I remember reading shes getting 100k from invicta plus whatever shes pulling in sponsorship wise and I cant see wmefc giving her much more than that. definitely not enough to make up for what shed lose in sponsorship

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It's not hilarious. She risked her health making those cuts to 140, and she worries that she has now permanently damaged her body by doing so. She is not willing to make regular/frequent cuts to 145 until she feels that she has allowed her body to sufficiently recover.
    She has every right to take as long as she wants to recover. But that's irrelevant, he didn't critise her for turning the fight down. He criticised her for publicly complaining that there was no 145 division. After she has been offered a 145 title fight. It's hypocritical.
    The UFC should have had the 145 weight class for her from the start. What was the point in having her fight at 140? Those extra 5lbs from 145 to 140 would have been torture for her, as shown by the videos she released of her weight cutting.
    There's was no point for a 145 division because there wasn't the fighters for it. Still isn't tbh.
    She was fighting at 140 because she said she'd move down to the more competitive 135 division. That's the only reason the 140 fights existed.

And sure, the 140 cuts looked brutal. Right at the limit. But that's mostly because she tried to cut from the same size she fights at 145. That's a ridiculous approach imo. She's very leans and muscular, it's probably harder to hold on to that mass, than lose it. If male fighter was doing the same he'd be slated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement