Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually it would be great if this thread title was updated to include all mma news. You could keep the other bellator, etc thread for live non UFC events but I'd still like to know what's going on with other fighters in this thread, especially Irish fighters.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ngannou look one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Ngannou look one to watch.

He looked amazing last time out as well. Good to have a new exciting fighter to get into the top 10 in that division. Like the flyweights, it suffers from the fact that there just aren't as many men who are that size in the general population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

He looked amazing last time out as well. Good to have a new exciting fighter to get into the top 10 in that division. Like the flyweights, it suffers from the fact that there just aren't as many men who are that size in the general population.

crazy aswel when you remember mma is still illegal in his country too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone going to watch Verhoeven v Hari? Should be an absolute war!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone going to watch Verhoeven v Hari? Should be an absolute war!

When's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    When's it on?

Card has started already. You can get it on Fight Pass it's PPV though and it's £22 seems a bit crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jimmii wrote: »
    Card has started already. You can get it on Fight Pass it's PPV though and it's £22 seems a bit crazy!

Yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jon Jones v Dan Henderson spoiler
    Jones submits Henderson. Who seen that coming :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was under the impression most people who post on Boards could read and hence read thread titles.

Considering it was Scud who set up the original general thread, the one which this is an off-shoot of, i'd imagine he knows exactly what the thread is about! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Urijah Faber's retirement fight on Saturday. It admittedly took me a while to warm to him, but what a great guy and a legend of the sport. Hopefully he will sign off with a win.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it a friendship, but probably the only fighter outside of the Irish guys that Conor would be publically friendly with?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Brick Lesnar, Nate Diaz and Jon Jones all have their NSAC hearings this week. Big week for the UFC.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/12/13926208/nevada-sets-date-for-nate-diaz-jon-jones-brock-lesnar-commission

Paully D wrote: »
    Urijah Faber's retirement fight on Saturday. It admittedly took me a while to warm to him, but what a great guy and a legend of the sport. Hopefully he will sign off with a win.

I'm torn with this one. On one hand I don't want to see Faber go out on a loss. I also don't want to see Brad Pickett lose either.

Let's go for the draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Watching McGregor Brandao card on fightpass why the **** is his Entrance music dubbed over with some rap ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Something to do with the rights to play the songs I think

Yeah as Valor said above. They don't have the right to publish the event with copyrighted music. So a lot of the entrances get dubbed on the DVD and fightpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

pauldoo wrote:
    New 145 womens division and cyborg isn't fighting fit the title

Best thing about the card
    Neil seery v Ian McCall
    Well done to two tap on a number card fur his retirement bout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

brinty wrote: »
    Neil seery v Ian McCall

Thats my ticket to NYC for it punched! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

brinty wrote: »
    Neil seery v Ian McCall

Hopefully he gets on the main card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Thats my ticket to NYC for it punched! :D

I'm sorely tempted too...

Im delighted for Neil tbh.
    I know that fighting in America/Vegas meant a lot to him at 189. It's great that he gets to bow out in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I thought that fight may end up on this upcoming London card. Happy for Seery that it's not. Still no fights announced for it though.

pauldoo wrote: »

In the long run can this be a competitive division? They've created this for Cyborg since she can't make 135 (and was killing herself making 140). I'm just wondering if this will be somewhat like men's flyweight where you have one fighter head and shoulders above the rest who gets to fight 5 round fights all the time and then the rest of the division is trying to get up to speed but having to do that fighting 3 round fights buried on undercards.

Also, surely they'll have to create a 125lb division too at some stage as now there's a lack of symmetry in women's divisions (115, --, 135, 145)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm just wondering if this will be somewhat like men's flyweight where you have one fighter head and shoulders above the rest who gets to fight 5 round fights all the time

Only difference being the I can't see Cyborg being involved in 5 round fights too often...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Disgusted Seery isnt fighting in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

In the long run can this be a competitive division? They've created this for Cyborg since she can't make 135 (and was killing herself making 140). I'm just wondering if this will be somewhat like men's flyweight where you have one fighter head and shoulders above the rest who gets to fight 5 round fights all the time and then the rest of the division is trying to get up to speed but having to do that fighting 3 round fights buried on undercards.

Also, surely they'll have to create a 125lb division too at some stage as now there's a lack of symmetry in women's divisions (115, --, 135, 145)

might have a shaky start alright but will improve over time, can see a lot of girls that would be on the borderline of 135 jumping up. To be fair holm-De Randamie has the potential to be a cracker, two very high level strikers. Can see cyborg being the first challenger aswel

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Only difference being the I can't see Cyborg being involved in 5 round fights too often...

touché

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

JDS fighting Struve in February. I dont get that one at all. Why are they giving him Struve?

Also, Cain already said he has surgery scheduled for after the Werdum fight. So who does Miocic fight if Cain wins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

JDS v Struve goes the same as the first time they fought, quick KO once JDS finds his chin (and he will find it fast).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement