Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Belfort v Tubby KG annouced for a headliner on march 11th in Brazil; a FN card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fromvert wrote: »
    JDS v Struve goes the same as the first time they fought, quick KO once JDS finds his chin (and he will find it fast).

Awful matchmaking, what the hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I thought Joe Silva was leaving, seen him at the last few events, must be at end of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cowboy vs masvidal at ufc denver next month. Arlovski also on the card. Cowboy is some machine fighting so soon although i heard he said its easier to prepare for welterweight as he does not cut much weight at all

Ngannou fighting Arlovski, good opportunity to gauge where he's at. He's a good prospect but he's been fighting nobodies so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Ngannou fighting Arlovski, good opportunity to gauge where he's at. He's a good prospect but he's been fighting nobodies so far.

Arlovski will be doing well to last more than 2 minutes against that animal. Arlovski on a downward curve...

Hoki wrote: »
    Arlovski will be doing well to last more than 2 minutes against that animal. Arlovski on a downward curve...

I don't know, everyones talking about it being a mismatch, Arlovski will get squashed. I don't think so.

Here's how I see it - AA has lost 3 in a row to 3 top guys, the champ, a top contender and Barnett. Ngannou has beaten a lot of nobodies, who Arlovski would have also beaten inside 1 or 2 rounds easily given the same situation. Ngannou may well be a top class fighter in the making but he hasn't proven anything yet. If AA is at big underdog odds (which looks likely) I'll happily bet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I don't know, everyones talking about it being a mismatch, Arlovski will get squashed. I don't think so.

Here's how I see it - AA has lost 3 in a row to 3 top guys, the champ, a top contender and Barnett. Ngannou has beaten a lot of nobodies, who Arlovski would have also beaten inside 1 or 2 rounds easily given the same situation. Ngannou may well be a top class fighter in the making but he hasn't proven anything yet. If AA is at big underdog odds (which looks likely) I'll happily bet him.

Before those 3 losses, Arlovski had beaten Travis browne, big foot and edged decisions against Schaub and Mir in least few years. That's not exactly a who's who of current high level fighters either (Travis prob was fairly well regarded at the time ). . I just think arlovski is fighting purely for the money at this stage,he'll come out with a flurry after the first exchange but will drop when he gets clipped and that will be that imo. Arlovski will be a big underdog! It's the manner of Ngannou's victories that's so impressive - all finishes. Scary guy

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Anyone else record UFC 206 on 3e last night? My Sky recording finished midway through the main event, didn't get to see the conclusion.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Before those 3 losses, Arlovski had beaten Travis browne, big foot and edged decisions against Schaub and Mir in least few years. That's not exactly a who's who of current high level fighters either (Travis prob was fairly well regarded at the time ). . I just think arlovski is fighting purely for the money at this stage,he'll come out with a flurry after the first exchange but will drop when he gets clipped and that will be that imo. Arlovski will be a big underdog! It's the manner of Ngannou's victories that's so impressive - all finishes. Scary guy

Arlovski was on the brink of a title shot, he's not an elite heavyweight but he's still very dangerous. His fight with Barnett was back and forth until he was stopped.

Ngannou has beaten 4 guys that you could argue are barely UFC calibre. If AA fought his last 4 opponents I'm confident he finishes them all inside 2. I like Ngannou and hope he becomes a contender, but he hasn't fought anyone yet. I'd consider Ngannou favourite but it isn't a squash match.

Brock suspended 1 year fined 250k

Also nate suspended 50k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Nice.
    Might be a tricky fight for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ASOT wrote: »
    Brock suspended 1 year fined 250k

Still letting him keep the W though, I presume? Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tell you what I hope Cowboy starches Masvidal. Never liked him.

I'm not entirely comfortable with Cowboy having a fight so soon after that war with Brown though, he took his fair share of big shots in that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Still letting him keep the W though, I presume? Joke.

No. Changed to NC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think its too fast for Ngannou. Arlovski is a veteran and abit better on the feet while Ngannou is a prospect and still abit raw. He looks like he could be great though. Intriguing fight all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

stephenl15 wrote: »
    No. Changed to NC

Fair play, wasn't expecting that. Be interesting to see what Hunt has to say now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Fair play, wasn't expecting that. Be interesting to see what Hunt has to say now.

I presume he'll repeat what hes been saying already. Where does the money go, and why is he not getting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The whole new womens 145 belt has got me thinking after reading theories online, they have aliented Cyborg first off all from title contention for a few months, they have Ronda back this month and are banking on her to win so she can then go up if Holm wins against De Randamie to become a two weight world champion and retire after beating Holly getting revenge,

Belts and title shots mean nothing anymore as we know this is further proof you have Holly fighting for a strap coming off 2 loses in a row, the UFC are trying to engineer story lines to make ppvs,

all in all a Ronda loss costs them fortunes now this month if shes beaten.

• Advertisement

I really hope rousey gets demolished in R1; honestly cant stand her at all shes even worse lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ASOT wrote: »
    I really hope rousey gets demolished in R1; honestly cant stand her at all shes even worse lately.

Id like to see her win and fight holm again like suggested above. Holm or cyborg.

Strong chance she gets absolutely starched Nunes can punch hard if Ronda doesnt hit a throw early I think shes in trouble she still cant box going by stuff ive seen on twitter, even if Ronda gets it to the ground im not sure she will sub Nunes so easy isnt Amanda a ok black belt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Strong chance she gets absolutely starched Nunes can punch hard if Ronda doesnt hit a throw early I think shes in trouble she still cant box going by stuff ive seen on twitter, even if Ronda gets it to the ground im not sure she will sub Nunes so easy isnt Amanda a ok black belt?
    Im just gonna leave this here...

BlindBlindIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

Beautiful work as her coach would say.

Will be investing in Nunes by ko, fancy that and Cain to destroy Werdum this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Gamebred wrote: »
    Belts and title shots mean nothing anymore as we know this is further proof you have Holly fighting for a strap coming off 2 loses in a row, the UFC are trying to engineer story lines to make ppvs,

More weight categories = More Belts = Less of a probability that they have to scramble to come up with a title fight for a numbered card and resort to creating senseless interim belts like they did for 206.

What's the Over-Under on the % chance of there being a 125lb category by the end of 2017? I'll go with 60%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Helwani I believe has tweeted that the sole reason for the 145 belt coming into play now is because they needed a title fight for that card.

Given that the stripping of the 145 belt and promotion of Holloway vs Pettis to interim title happened purely to give 206 a title, I wouldn't doubt that.

Ps in both cases it was going to happen eventually, the 145 women's belt and the stripping of Conor, but I think both were speeded up because they needed a belt on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mellor wrote: »
    Im just gonna leave this here...

BlindBlindIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

She should drop Eddie and hire Charles Magnificent Punk as her boxing coach.

tenor.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement