Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jim Miller v Dustin Poirier set for UFC208...noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Jim Miller v Dustin Poirier set for UFC208...noice!

Good scrap that, I'd expect some excellent grappling exchanges. Overall I'd have Poirier ahead a bit, but if Miller gets a hold of you on the ground it's tap or good night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

weemcd wrote: »
    Good scrap that, I'd expect some excellent grappling exchanges. Overall I'd have Poirier ahead a bit, but if Miller gets a hold of you on the ground it's tap or good night.

Unless your Nathan Diaz or Mike Chiesa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That is a cracking fight.

Love both those guys.

http://podtail.com/podcast/the-pony-hour/nate-diaz/

Diaz on a podcast the other day, only tuning in myself now so dont know what was said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »
    http://podtail.com/podcast/the-pony-hour/nate-diaz/

Diaz on a podcast the other day, only tuning in myself now so dont know what was said.

There's no hope of me listening to an hour of Tony Hinchcliffe, he's anti-funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

really looking forward to this fight, cruz is such a great fighter to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

weemcd wrote: »
    Unless your Nathan Diaz or Mike Chiesa.

Or Van Zant;)

There's no hope of me listening to an hour of Tony Hinchcliffe, he's anti-funny.

He's sucking Nate for the whole thing very cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Hardy heart tests in January, would like to see him back for a couple of fights. His book should be good, he is a very good analyst.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Part-Reptile-UFC-MMA-Me/dp/1472243781/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482246190&sr=8-1&keywords=dan+hardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I find it hard to read autobiographies from people still in the employ/game. There must be so much they feel they need to hold back to protect the job and colleague relationships. I like Hardy and would probably read this but id prefer if he was a complete independent and fresh out of the game entirely before reading and im sure youd get better inside stories.
    Ken Dohertys book is a perfect example, quite a let down.
    Tyler Hamilton on the other hand out of the game and nothing to lose, theres an autobiography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

John Phillips signs with UFC per Combate (Brazil) fighting UFC Denver Jan 28th v Marcos Rogerio Lima

I see Nunes is apparently under the weather, she's being sabotaged by Dana and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Aldo said in his interview his next fight will be for an interim lightweight title. That would be ridiculous.

If it happens belts will have lost all meaning for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Aldo said in his interview his next fight will be for an interim lightweight title. That would be ridiculous.

I just read it all. I would take all of it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Aldo also says he's the featherweight champion so he's obviously delusional :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah "I never turn down fights.....my coach does it for me". Saying that, Ariel said he fact checked and he says it's very accurate. Most interesting thing is Aldo saying someone turned down the 155 fight and it was a guy you would never think would turn down a fight. I'm guessing Cowboy but how could you make an interim 155 when tony and khabib are there and Conor is on record saying he could fight around march, not taking a break.

I wish Tony and Khabib would stop arguing about money on twitter though. Looks like it's just down to Tony to sign but he wants more money.

Cant knock Ferguson he has some leverage now that he never had before and hes using it to get paid hope he gets a few extra dollars for his troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw yeah fully agree but I wanna see em fight soooooo bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah "I never turn down fights.....my coach does it for me". Saying that, Ariel said he fact checked and he says it's very accurate. Most interesting thing is Aldo saying someone turned down the 155 fight and it was a guy you would never think would turn down a fight. I'm guessing Cowboy but how could you make an interim 155 when tony and khabib are there and Conor is on record saying he could fight around march, not taking a break.

I wish Tony and Khabib would stop arguing about money on twitter though. Looks like it's just down to Tony to sign but he wants more money.

I guess it would be tony or Khabib that turned it down (if its true at all).

Maybe they are using Jose to try to set up that fight and get them to accept

• Advertisement

Looks like Hunt scenario over, Hunt v Overeem set for UFC209 woah.

On another note wasn't a PPV always a given over superbowl weekend (This year got moved to Fox due to Hendricks v Thompson moving to headline spot) but this year seems the first time in quite awhile they don't have one scheduled for whatever reason there is a card scheduled all the same Korean Zombie v Dennis Bermudez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hunt vs the reem is a fun fight. Reckon hunt finds the chin and ko's him stiff

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

On another note wasn't a PPV always a given over superbowl weekend (This year got moved to Fox due to Hendricks v Thompson moving to headline spot) but this year seems the first time in quite awhile they don't have one scheduled for whatever reason there is a card scheduled all the same Korean Zombie v Dennis Bermudez.

Why is he called Korean Zombie out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Watch some of his erlier fights; gets hit with bombs and keeps coming.

Yep ASOT has that covered; also even though its not the most complicated name in Chang Sung Jung; Korean Zombie caters better for pronunciation particularly in the states ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yep ASOT has that covered; also even though its not the most complicated name in Chang Sung Jung; Korean Zombie caters better for pronunciation particularly in the states ;)

Speaking of watching his fights gonna go through them later the DP & Aldo fights were class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ASOT wrote: »
    Speaking of watching his fights gonna go through them later the DP & Aldo fights were class.

How can you mention watching a Zombie fight without the Leonard Garcia fights included?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Sound lads il put that on my to-do list over the Xmas break

Ronda is apparently not talking to any mma media for 207 promotion shes a complete nut job hope shes starched again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Ronda is apparently not talking to any mma media for 207 promotion shes a complete nut job hope shes starched again.

thats pretty sound of the ufc, seen people pulled off cards for similar :rolleyes:

to be fair shes showing severe signs of being properly delusional, its as if she blames everyone in the mma world for her loss, that is everyone except her dogsh!t ''coach''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement