Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ronda has faced a massive amount of disrespect since she lost her fight, even worse than Aldo has since he lost to McGregor. I don't blame her for trying to avoid the media tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ronda has faced a massive amount of disrespect since she lost her fight, even worse than Aldo has since he lost to McGregor. I don't blame her for trying to avoid the media tbh..

Where have the media disrespected her? Why not speak to them?

I see that said everywhere but i dont really remember any sort of glee in her defeat or people taking great joy..

She was tooled up and knocked out pretty easily and her flaws were badly exposed. Reporting that is not disrespect.

Edit: cancelling media cause people on twitter are delighted you lost and trolling is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I see that said everywhere but i dont really remember any sort of glee in her defeat or people taking great joy..

I don't remember any real media being bad for it , but there was a fairly massive online/social media backlash against her that really enjoyed her defeat. (I took a little glee from it myself admittedly)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Point out one respected member of the media who celebrated her demise? she is mentally ****ed from losing her aura and doesnt want to face the music which is pathetic from a great champion that she was, She still cant box she needs another humbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Watching her try to hit pads is one of the most entertaining things on earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Watching her try to hit pads is one of the most entertaining things on earth.

RfbUcem.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

She was tooled up and knocked out pretty easily and her flaws were badly exposed. Reporting that is not disrespect.

Exactly. It's almost like was basing her ego on the media's reporting of her. When she was the unstoppable wrecking ball champion who was defining women's MMA she bought into this herself and really believed it. After the Holm defeat, when this evaporated in an instant, she was left without any clear picture of who she was....this wasn't in the script.

Now the same journalists who had been writing glowing articles about her were discussing her flaws and failings. If she really was basing her ego on what they were saying those voices that had previously been whispering positive thoughts into her ears were bringing nothing but negativity.

I think she needs to learn that this criticism of her is not personal in the same way that the praise for her wasn't either. I can't see it happening though and I predict more passive-aggressive stonewalling regardless of the result next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mighty mouse out for "several" months...thats an interim....

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-flyweight-champ-demetrious-johnson-sidelined-for-several-months

Gamebred wrote: »

Good luck with the dick pill excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Now the UFC have two women's 135lb divisions :)

Popped for a diuretic apparently called Spironolactone to help her recover from a weight cut, what a mess her ufc career has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Popped for a diuretic apparently called Spironolactone to help her recover from a weight cut, what a mess her ufc career has been.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how a diuretic could help recovery from a bad cut.

Diuretics help with cutting weight, but putting it back in, especially seeing as she has no plans to fight any time soon.

This seems worse than the bull**** Mendes was banned for.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how a diuretic could help recovery from a bad cut.

Diuretics help with cutting weight, but putting it back in, especially seeing as she has no plans to fight any time soon.

This seems worse than the bull**** Mendes was banned for.

Aldactone (spironolactone) is a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low

Going by this it doesnt sound like a performance enhancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Diuretics can also mask roids, doesn't make sense she needed to get water weight off with no fight scheduled.

I've suspected her before but shes passed a heap of tests I wouldnt convict her just yet of peds,

Gotta think the UFC is hating all these Usada busts costing them millions short term at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I've suspected her before but shes passed a heap of tests I wouldnt convict her just yet of peds,

Gotta think the UFC is hating all these Usada busts costing them millions short term at least.

This was her first random test of the year, looks very bad that it was the one she failed.

Find it strange how so many people are defending her, Chad, Brock and Jones weren't getting any benefit of the doubt from most people..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

She at least came out and made a statement straightaway.

The boys stayed pretty quiet if I remember correctly, which always looks more guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No doubt but they want mainstream acceptance and the rewards that come with it. Has to be sucked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

No doubt but they want mainstream acceptance and the rewards that come with it. Has to be sucked up.

plus its not usadas fault fighters cant stay clean either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Depp wrote: »
    plus its not usadas fault fighters cant stay clean either

They're doing what they were brought in to do, or at least to give the appearance of what they were brought in to do.

I imagine in Dana's ideal world, nobody would care about roided up lads battering the heads off each other (some on here have advocated it) and he could still get his massive new TV deal in a couple of years.

If it's to be both seen and accepted as a sport rather than a spectacle (which Dana claims), then scrutiny and regulation is unavoidable. It'll pay off in the long run for them but it certainly doesn't look good when some of their biggest/most dominant names pop repeatedly.

I would say the figure it has caused in lost revenues is astronomical the amount of big draws it has popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

During asking questions about representing Brazil bearing in mind she'd left Brazil early in her career Amanda Nunes said she thinks they are proud (in Brazil) but they need to show more I am the only champ they have now...I know they have José Aldo aswell but I'm the real champ :D

So there will be no press conference no open work out or nothing from Rousey fight week, what an absolute joke Ronda is it will make my day if she gets her head caved in again the sorest loser ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah whatever about Ronda's wrath against the media, it's lousey that Nunes is missing out on it. She's the champ, she should be able to do a press conference if she wants. It will be oh so sweet if Amanda can stay composed, stay away from the clinch and ground and just outbox Ronda. We'll see if Jimmy, Conan or Ellen will have any interest in her then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nick & Conor both get tore a new one when they miss media; madness. I genuinely fear for Rouseys welfare if she loses this one; she still doesnt seem in the best of minds.

She's represented by the owners so id guess she can do as she likes

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Not a massive Nunes fan, but I'm on board for this one, Ronda not doing media after everything through the years for everyone else. If she had any mental strenght left she'd face the media and be done with, I will be sick if she wins with a fast sub.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just looking at the stats and Nunes is pretty much the same physique as Holm and Holm was one of the few fighters Ronda faced that was bigger, and had a bigger reach, than her.

• Advertisement

Helwani's twitter time line is spot on about the whole situation fully agree with his thoughts on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement