Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'm with nunes on this one. But i have to admit...there is a small bit of me who would love to see Ronda walk to the cage..acknowledge no one..lay nunes out flat inside 30 seconds..and leave the cage without even collecting the belt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Going to be some **** storm when the next big star says **** the media im not doing a thing either no open workouts, not fair if Ronda isnt punished for breaking her contract but somebody else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nunes BBJ will be too good to get caught by Rousey as long as she doesn't get thrown, Ronda gets a throw and lands in side control then it might be a different story.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Nunes BBJ will be too good to get caught by Rousey as long as she doesn't get thrown, Ronda gets a throw and lands in side control then it might be a different story.

Her blackbelt is irrelevant when she gasses she looks horrible when shes tired horrific grappling Ronda will out grapple her at any stage and round Nunes is winning in rd 1 or 2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

The new TUF should be brilliant. Junie Browning and Julian ''Let me bang bro'' Lane in the same house. Joe Stephenson and many other former UFC fighters in there too. And Jamie ''Eddie Gordo'' Yager. Hope this is true.

http://411mania.com/mma/tuf-25-rumored-to-be-an-all-star-season/

• Advertisement

Cain out of 207 i think...no one seems to be sure.

New WME policy. All fighters to stay ready at all times. Cards will be decided based on who actually turns up on the night of the event. Oh and thats an interim

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

AKA are now officially the unfunniest joke in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

dashoonage wrote: »
    Cain out of 207 i think...no one seems to be sure.

New WME policy. All fighters to stay ready at all times. Cards will be decided based on who actually turns up on the night of the event. Oh and thats an interim
    Feck sake,was really looking forward to that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like the idea of All Star TUF but Junie is an absolute nut case. Last I heard from him, he was on the run from the cops in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

I dont know what cain taught hed achieve by running around mouthing off about his injury; if he kept his trap shut id imagine they would have issued him a license. Running around saying ylto espn you cant stand for more than 10 minutes without being in pain is stupid; AKA are a shambles lately.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    AKA are now officially the unfunniest joke in MMA.

Naaaa.... Cm punk

Happy Christmas lads,

On Cain ive a sneaky feeling hes pretty sore and wanted to postpone the fight so this way he done it without getting the blame for pulling out.

dashoonage wrote:
    Naaaa.... Cm punk

Nah that one's still pretty funny to be fair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If he needs surgery because of pain and has a history of severe back problems then he shouldn't be fighting again until cleared by a doctor and definitely not before any needed surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Damn, Cain could have been the greatest heavyweight. Way too many injuries though, fully fit I have him beating Werdum. And any other HW really, he looked untouchable a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

[quote=Gamebred;102062260

Her blackbelt is irrelevant when she gasses she looks horrible when shes tired horrific grappling Ronda will out grapple her at any stage and round Nunes is winning in rd 1 or 2 imo.[/quote]

Because Ronda has a track record of excelling in the latter rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I like the idea of All Star TUF but Junie is an absolute nut case. Last I heard from him, he was on the run from the cops in Thailand.

I saw his most recent fight last week and he looked quite good. His first fight in years apparently. No idea what standard it was at to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Really is a shame about cain. Based on performances alone, he's easily the best HW of all time in my opinion. It's just such a shame he couldn't stay fit for any length of time. Watched his 2nd and 3rd fights against JDS recently, he put such an unholy beating on him, it was unbelievable

I lol'ed at this....the realized its cro crop vs king mo..
    Rizin 3: 4 HWs, Rin Nakai.

UFC 207: midgets,.. Ronda.

discuss..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm sorry but I fail to see how a diuretic could help recovery from a bad cut.

Diuretics help with cutting weight, but putting it back in, especially seeing as she has no plans to fight any time soon.

This seems worse than the bull**** Mendes was banned for.
    It also helps relieve pressure on the kidneys and liver due to controlling electrolyte balance.

BUT it's also a steroid that has affects sexual characteristics. Such as block the excess body hair in females on testosterone. It's used in transgender therapy. It's nowhere nearly as simple as being just a diuretic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Josh Barnett, potential USADA volation. This must be the fourth or fifth time he's failed now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

https://mobile.twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/status/813877167842963456

I actually remember that at the time. Thinking that it sounded completely dodgy

tldr: Dolce mentioned Cyborg was taking a banned diuretic in September

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/status/813877167842963456

I actually remember that at the time. Thinking that it sounded completely dodgy

tldr: Dolce mentioned Cyborg was taking a banned diuretic in September

It's a bit of a weird situation. Lockhart was employed directly by the UFC to help Cris Cyborg to make weight, if he gave her a banned substance or a substance which is an analogue to a banned substance how can they legitimately ban her?

It wasn't even concealed so perhaps Lockhart wasn't aware it was banned, but its strange to me that Cyborg at the time made it clear she didn't want to take it either and felt it actually made her cut harder.

Dolce could be just bending the truth slightly too, he's no doctor and has beef with Lockhart but I'm very curious to see how it all plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Late christmas present there , nothing against Mike but never liked him calling fights. Love if Michael Schiavello did a stint with UFC :D

Just checking the card for Rizin yeah mma is well passed it's hey day in japan , through heath herring being on the card raised both eyebrows here. Has he been training at all for a serious come back or is this just a pay day for him?

If Mauro Ranallo wasn't with WWE, he'd be the man for the job in my mind. Stann and Anik just don't do it for me, hope neither one gets Goldie's role.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder will Joe take on a new partner or call it a day also.

Anyway, WTF kind of sense does this make.....oh yeah, Dana White sense.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/814219627198705664

Probably means the fight is happening in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It will be strange not hearing all those Goldie classics.

And quite nice too. He does get a bit irritating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement