Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Talk of max kellerman potentially being brought on board. He's great in his boxing role if he could make a successful crossover he'd be a big improvement on Goldie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Kron Gracie.

The best linage, the best bjj and now the best build up videos in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pretty ****e at the aul accountancy though.

Pretty ****e at the aul accountancy though.

You're mixing up Kron and his cousin Ralek.

Kron is Rickson's son, Ralek is Rorion's son, Rener and Riron's brother, who owns Metamoris and fights in Bellator and owes like 200k to fighters from Metamoris events.

You're mixing up Kron and his cousin Ralek.

Kron is Rickson's son, Ralek is Rorion's son, Rener and Riron's brother, who owns Metamoris and fights in Bellator and owes like 200k to fighters from Metamoris events.

Ah yes, cheers. Disappointed, thought I'd a slick one liner in there. Kron is the Diaz bros mate, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cro cop stopped king mo. Surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭cletus

The whole card was full of Japanese crazy awesome sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

martyos121 wrote: »
    If Mauro Ranallo wasn't with WWE, he'd be the man for the job in my mind. Stann and Anik just don't do it for me, hope neither one gets Goldie's role.

i wouldnt mind seeing bas have a go at it either but i cant see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bas even in Pride was really only a color commentator.

Pat Militech was very good in Strikeforce when he was there. I'd like to see him or Bas replacing Joe Rogan when he goes but neither would have the experience to take over from Goldberg IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is John Gooden in with a chance?

I thought when he was on the MMA Hour he was talking about a contract with the UFC that would involve a lot more work for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I wonder how helwani would do if he got the job..

I wonder how helwani would do if he got the job..

I think its fair to say he would be absolutely terrible considering he has absolutely zero relevant or even relatable experience.

He's good at what he does but this is something entirely different.

John_D80 wrote: »
    I think its fair to say he would be absolutely terrible considering he has absolutely zero relevant or even relatable experience.

He's good at what he does but this is something entirely different.

I don't think he'd be great either and think that the journalist/commentator line shouldn't be crossed but I disagree that previous fight experience is a prerequisite

I don't think he'd be great either and think that the journalist/commentator line shouldn't be crossed but I disagree that previous fight experience is a prerequisite

I wasn't referring to the fact that he has no fight experience. That means nothing at all. The best sports commentators in the world probably never competed at a high level in the sports that they commentate on. I meant he doesn't have the required experience of actual commentating that would be required to be a lead commentator.

Who ever gets the job will need vast experience of commentating, passion and interest in the sport, good to very good technical knowledge of the sport, ability to work under pressure, showmanship, ability to make even the most boring fights seem entertaining and that hard-to-fake award winning voice that you're either born with or your not.

Its the color commentator (ie: Rogan) that usually brings a higher level of expertise and knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport. A lot color commentators in most sports are usually former competitors themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You'd think it's Max Kellerman from HBO that they're trying to get.
    But Jeremy Botter is saying it's Jim Rome they're after and he has no experience of commentating any sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I watched that media scrum with Dana last night and kind of started to warm to him, I know he's a bit of a prick but he cant have got that far in his career by being a total prick. I think fighters dont get paid enough, but if they sign a bad contract thats their fault. in the past musicians that signed bad deals ended up churning out low quality albums in quick succession to fulfill their contract terms, for a fighter you should probably just take the fights. Joe Duffy says his last offer wouldnt have moved his career further, in that case it should have been an 'easy' fight for him and 1 step closer to a better contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I hope its not Mario Lopez, he's like Disney for adults

It's some guy called Jim Rome that I've not heard of but most seem to dislike.

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/814219042772885504

He's a grade A c*nt.

Jim Rome is the guy that got manhandled by an American Football player (named Everret) on live TV for repeatedly calling him ''Chris'' Everett after the female tennis player.

He host a daily sports radio show thats broadcast across the USA on many different radio networks. I listen to it regularly when I'm driving in the US. In fairness he is very good at what he does. The show is like ''Off the Ball'' here in that the team presenting it has that rare ability to make you stay tuned in and keep you interested even when they are discussing sports you're not remotely interested in.

He won't come cheap either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's a grade A c*nt.

He certainly seems to be alright.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Everett#Jim_Rome_altercation
    Following the 1989 regular season, Everett was reportedly "shellshocked" from the numerous times he was sacked and hit in the NFC Championship Game against the San Francisco 49ers (the 49ers won, 30–3). At one point in the game, Everett was so rattled that he collapsed to the ground in the pocket in anticipation of a sack, even though the 49ers' defensive players actually had not yet reached him – a play now known as Everett's "Phantom Sack".

His struggle eventually led to a confrontation in 1994 with then-Talk2 host Jim Rome. Rome had regularly mocked Everett's aversion to taking hits on the field by addressing him as "Chris" Everett (a reference to female tennis player Chris Evert). When Everett appeared as a guest on Talk2, Rome wasted no time, applying the insult twice within the show's first 30 seconds. Everett warned Rome not to do so again, implying that physical confrontation would ensue otherwise. When Rome did, Everett overturned the table between them and shoved Rome to the floor while still on the air. Their confrontation resulted in no legal action.

The video for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hilarious. Can't wait till he does that against UFC guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

The video for anyone interested.

Sounds like he has a lisp on his S'es.

Fúck. That.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Rogan leaving after his contract is up?
    After then it's death by Stannik. I like Stann but he's boring & mechanical. I get the feeling when he's at home watching it on TV he commentates to himself for his own amusement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Rumours of Woodley Bisping fighting at 180lbs what the absolute fúck????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Woodley calling for another big fight, this time against Bisping

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvGaFWhRNL/

While obviously he's calling for these big fights against the likes of GSP and Nick for the payday, to care would he try and become the payday himself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ones ducking a wonderboy rematch the other is ducking romero....ducks everywhere...

maybe they would fight for the interim 180lbs title.

edit: Maia is coming for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Woodley really doesnt want to fight wonderboy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bisping is as bad, also trying to get fights against Diaz and GSP

Gimme a champion who'll find the real number 1 contender anyday over all this calling out the money fight crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Bisping is as bad, also trying to get fights against Diaz and GSP

Gimme a champion who'll find the real number 1 contender anyday over all this calling out the money fight crap

they completely brought it on themselves tbh. With the Reebok deal and pay structure the way it is, everyone is chasing that extra bit of money. sad state of affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement