Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

jimmii wrote: »
    When is what on? The fight info is in the fight thread and the link and time to the weigh in is two posts up.

I want to know the exact time McGregor steps on that stage, I am not watching any of those other bums. McGregor would obliterate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

WarZ wrote: »
    I want to know the exact time McGregor steps on that stage, I am not watching any of those other bums. McGregor would obliterate them.

lol! I am going to guess he'll be on at 12:33. They'll have all the other done in like 10 minutes and then he'll make people wait around 20 minutes while he gets some more eating in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never realised Juicy J was on this card *BJ Penn nod of approval*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I never realised Juicy J was on this card *BJ Penn nod of approval*

fighting at featherweight too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

No offence to the Asian fighters but they never seem to be up to the standard, the majority of them anyway. Should be an easy win for J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ASOT wrote: »
    No offence to the Asian fighters but they never seem to be up to the standard, the majority of them anyway. Should be an easy win for J

He was fairly crap on TUF though? Not that I know anything about the other guy though :P

stephenl15 wrote: »
    He was fairly crap on TUF though? Not that I know anything about the other guy though :P

Yeah that's more what I was getting at, he was crap on TUF and will more than likely steam roll this lad, the standard does be terrible, just going by the majority of the Asian cards, bar a few fights most would be regional promotion level I'd say.

lol at McLawlor!

He's a legend, he tried to do it the last time but they wouldn't let him.

He's a legend, he tried to do it the last time but they wouldn't let him.

Wouldn't be that surprised if he got fined for it due it not being reebok! Probably find it counts as clothing or something stupid like that!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be that surprised if he got fined for it due it not being reebok! Probably find it counts as clothing or something stupid like that!

That's why they stopped him the last time, and it was to late to get a mcgregor fight kit. He's a legend I loved all his weigh ins and weigh ins, check them out if you havnt, one thing that the rebook deal has killed.

That's why they stopped him the last time, and it was to late to get a mcgregor fight kit. He's a legend I loved all his weigh ins and weigh ins, check them out if you havnt, one thing that the rebook deal has killed.

Yeh seen them before he seems like he's a bit of craic!

12:34 I wasn't far off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Jesus.

WarZ, if you troll once more anywhere on this forum, you'll be banned. Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The Unstoppable press conference was absolute gold! Jones just killed it. Poor DC looked like he was going to cry "Hey guys JJ was the one who done bad stuff stop booing me!". Fabers rubbish trash talk included accusing Cruz and Dillashaw of juicing because they looked **** physically (ok faber) during that fight of the year contender. Kinda shows what he has to work with i.e nothing. Guy has 0 chance.

Davei141 wrote: »
    The Unstoppable press conference was absolute gold! Jones just killed it. Poor DC looked like he was going to cry "Hey guys JJ was the one who done bad stuff stop booing me!". Fabers rubbish trash talk included accusing Cruz and Dillashaw of juicing because they looked **** physically (ok faber) during that fight of the year contender. Kinda shows what he has to work with i.e nothing. Guy has 0 chance.

Yeh I felt sorry for DC he just looked silly. Jones even just seemed to stop as DC was making himself look bad enough as it was. If you're going to try talk like that you and know you can't do it off the top of your head make stuff up beforehand so you don't come out looking like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeh I felt sorry for DC he just looked silly. Jones even just seemed to stop as DC was making himself look bad enough as it was. If you're going to try talk like that you and know you can't do it off the top of your head make stuff up beforehand so you don't come out looking like that!

Makes you laugh thinking about DC saying he was too emotional before the first fight and this time it is different. DC even teed him up perfectly with the "didn't you just call me a pussy backstage?" :pac: what the hell was he expecting? The crowd to instantly support him? I have to watch this presser again I never laughed as much.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Makes you laugh thinking about DC saying he was too emotional before the first fight and this time it is different. DC even teed him up perfectly with the "didn't you just call me a pussy backstage?" :pac: what the hell was he expecting? The crowd to instantly support him? I have to watch this presser again I never laughed as much.

Yeh bet he looked back afterwards and was like hmmm probably could have done that better! Jones just being that seems to get him all wound up he doesn't even need to do anything I guess that's what happens when you want to believe you're the Champ but know the other guy is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Press conference was amazing.

Mad how Jones has gone from being hated to being loved.
    He definitely played a smart game last night.

Was so cringey DC ratting him out about calling him names back stage, asking him if he's gonna pretend he didn't say. Bones confirms the pu$$y comment and DC says ....uugh aarr are you gonna pretend like you didn't say it? WTF did DC think was gonna happen? Jones to deny it, everyone cheer DC for speaking up about bullying and boo Bones???

I've never seen someone so verbally beaten and Jones barely said anything, it was brilliant!

Damn that tension between Joanna and Ghadelha! Dana said they got into a full blown first fight after TUF filming. Gonna be the best TUF season EVAR. #WolfTickets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I remember arguing with someone on here saying I didn't think a fighter would be able to get that much in a guys head to affect his performance, this was in relation to DC and Jones, as they should be well used to performing at a high level and so on.

After watching that press conference last night I freely admit defeat in that argument. DC was all over the place, it was unbelievable tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I remember arguing with someone on here saying I didn't think a fighter would be able to get that much in a guys head to affect his performance, this was in relation to DC and Jones, as they should be well used to performing at a high level and so on.

After watching that press conference last night I freely admit defeat in that argument. DC was all over the place, it was unbelievable tbh!!

DC was an absolute joke it was hilarious. I thought he held his own with Jones in previous press conferences so was surprised to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think the crowd booing bothered DC more than what Jones was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

No Holm v Meisha poll on this forum? I am disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

cloudatlas wrote: »
    No Holm v Meisha poll on this forum? I am disappoint.

holly has the nicer ass but cupcake is better looking

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Line of the century from the Unstoppable press conference last night:

Cormier: "are you going to act like you didn't tell me to suck your dick" :pac:

DC had a full blown meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Chuck and Jon about to throw down.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCmQtfhjibR/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

cupcake gonna get the cream licked off her bun.

cloudatlas wrote: »

Might want to delete that as it gives away the result for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor v Lawler was the UFC 200 headliner if Conor had won tonight, per Dana.

Now, Dana reckons 145 against either Edgar or Aldo is next.

Jeremy Botter, who seems to be very close to the McGregor camp based on recent stories he has broken, thinks it's extremely unlikely he ever fights at 145 again and thinks Cowboy at UFC 200 makes the most sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement