Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

What a crock of **** that Jacare Boetsch match up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

darced wrote: »
    What line of thinking is that, diuretics? or would steroids be beneficial in some way?

RDA is 5' 8 , there is no reason he shouldn't breeze it to 155. These guys are leaving themselves too much to cut too quickly. If you look at RDA early in his career he had a much smaller physique.

He could make 155 but is still moving up.

Anthing they test for that they may have previously gotten away with (lesnar excluded -just a jacked white boy) rather than any particular thing as i would have less than basic knowledge of which drug does what.

I am also dubious of Brazilians due to vitor belfort as irrational as that is. Tarring all with one brush.

The only ones off hand i can think of that have gone up is cerrone as he seemed to just hate the weight cut and depleting himself ( still possibly usada motivated) and holm and the girl whose name i wont attempt who are moving up due to the new belt.

Gastelum was ufc imposed so anyone who continually miss weight and are forced up a weight wouldnt come into this way of my thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

USADA claims another victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He could make 155 but is still moving up.

Anthing they test for that they may have previously gotten away with (lesnar excluded -just a jacked white boy) rather than any particular thing as i would have less than basic knowledge of which drug does what.

I am also dubious of Brazilians due to vitor belfort as irrational as that is. Tarring all with one brush.

The only ones off hand i can think of that have gone up is cerrone as he seemed to just hate the weight cut and depleting himself ( still possibly usada motivated) and holm and the girl whose name i wont attempt who are moving up due to the new belt.

Gastelum was ufc imposed so anyone who continually miss weight and are forced up a weight wouldnt come into this way of my thinking

Diuretics are a big one, they help strip the body of water. Wouldn't surprise me if McGregor was even on them before USADA, considering you could see individual muscle fibers on him in some of his cuts. But they weren't illegal then so it's not a big deal.

I think testosterone for sure would help with weight cuts. More muscle means more water retention, making it easier to cut water weight and also less bodyfat so less dead weight to carry on the scales. The final one is just a hypothesis, but I'd imagine test would also help out with the endurance side of the weight cut, allowing people to push themselves to the limit and cut as much as possible, and afterwards recover quicker.

That said I don't think RDA is moving up strictly because of USADA. He still looks the same to me, but weight cuts definitely get harder as you get older. You've got Cowboy moving up, looking rejuvenated because he's not draining his body and beating everyone in front of him. RDA has always talked about moving up and having already accomplished everything at LW, it's probably time for a new challenge, one he doesn't have to kill himself to make weight.

That said it's entirely possible its USADA, but we'll never know until he pops!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Also, looks like Tony has a fight!

"Time To Get Excited Y'all!!! #ElCuCuy is coming!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also, looks like Tony has a fight!

"Time To Get Excited Y'all!!! #ElCuCuy is coming!!!"

Surely its khalabib

Surely its khalabib

Khabib said he has moved on from Tony and his manager said he is starting camp next week and chiesa can get it if he wants. Who in the **** knows what's going on anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Khabib v Tony for the interim lw belt; march 5th in vegas for 209. Annoucrd shortly.

Belt changed hands 2 month ago and now they have interims the general viewers aint idiots they will cotton on to these fraud interim belts eventually.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Belt changed hands 2 month ago and now they have interims the general viewers aint idiots they will cotton on to these fraud interim belts eventually.

Absolute madness.

Isn't simply calling it a fight for the next challenger for the LW title excitement enough?

An interim you say?????? Take my money UFC!!!!!!

Seriously though, I can't wait for this fight, hope Tony busts up Khabib (mostly cuz I don't wanna watch him dry hump Conor for 25 minutes). Tony/Conor would be a great scrap as well.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Isn't simply calling it a fight for the next challenger for the LW title excitement enough?

Presume their figures for ppv's with a belt on the line does more buys for them, its farcical least Khalabib said its a bull**** belt already.

Yeah id imagine by now they have rough figures showing it sells more, im Team Khabib anyway looks like the forum will be fairly split on this one :pac:

Presume their figures for ppv's with a belt on the line does more buys for them, its farcical least Khalabib said its a bull**** belt already.

Fair enough, but you could leverage McGregors name off it.

"The next man to fight Conor McGregor"

These interim belts only cheapen the real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Does interim title make them pay ferguson more?

Maybe they are using it to get around just paying him what he asked for, to other fighters they can say he fought for belt and was paid accoringly?

The interim belt is there because Khabib asked for it, he said he would only fight v for a belt. Regardless of what he says about bull**** belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is definitely the fight to make anyway, interim belt is a joke but hardly surprising at this stage with these cash-hungry owners.

I don't really mind who wins it either, both would be very interesting matchups for Conor. Ferguson would be an all-out war, and Khabib would be a great clash of styles. I think Khabib wins it handily enough though, even on the ground his excellent top control will negate most of what Tony could do off his back.

Khabib will be the worse striker Conor will have faced in the UFC since Brimmage I think personally think he be ko'd instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Meh while the while interim belt situation is ridiculous at least if Khabib Tony is for one and it's a co-main to the rumoured Woodley v Thompson 2 at 209 it'll be a five round fight rather than a three.

Khabib will be the worse striker Conor will have faced in the UFC since Brimmage I think personally think he be ko'd instantly.

I honestly think Ferguson would be a better match up for Conor, he would at least attempt to strike with him. Khabib is gonna go in very defensive I'd say, nothing like his fight against Johnson. When he decided to go for the take down vs MJ there was no stopping him.

I actually think Ferguson will beat him though, Khabib only has one way to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I honestly don't think it sells it any more having it for an interim belt.

Even worse, but it'll start to devalue the actual belts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

While i think Tony will win he doesn't fight smartly at all. If he did khabib would have no chance but Tony is mad man and will try crazy crap and will think he cam beat khabib anywhere which could be his downfall

Ferguson wont be getting stuck on bottom with his wrists controlled hes too good a grappler thats his bread and butter his unorthodox striking and bjj will cause trouble for Khabib he is rolling for leg locks at every attempt, Khabib is a machine of a man hes relentless the way he dominated RDA was unreal like a blanket he is really cannot wait for this fight it will be the only big fight scheduled so far in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Lots of permutations but let's say Khabib beats Ferguson and becomes next in line, I'd say there's a decent chance McGregor returns for the July International Fight Week Card. That's obviously one of the UFC's biggest weeks of the year if not the biggest.

I doubt Khabib will fight on it as I believe Ramadan won't be long over and Khabib was reported to turn down a fight at UFC 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

JokerD wrote: »
    Lots of permutations but let's say Khabib beats Ferguson and becomes next in line, I'd say there's a decent chance McGregor returns for the July International Fight Week Card. That's obviously one of the UFC's biggest weeks of the year if not the biggest.

I doubt Khabib will fight on it as I believe Ramadan won't be long over and Khabib was reported to turn down a fight at UFC 200.

If he has a child in May, there's no way he fights so soon after. Either he fights before the birth or months afterwards I'd imagine, and it's pretty clear with the Khabib Ferguson fight that he isn't going for the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

martyos121 wrote: »
    If he has a child in May, there's no way he fights so soon after. Either he fights before the birth or months afterwards I'd imagine, and it's pretty clear with the Khabib Ferguson fight that he isn't going for the former.

I know the timing isn't the greatest and McGregor would want a while in Vegas to train also. You just never know. I imagine the UFC might see if it's possible but I do agree with yourself, wouldn't be surprised they save him for MSG again.

Just the thought occurred to me that if by some chance he did manage to fight in July then Khabib would be unlikely.

GSP by then could be possible for July, they'll certainly want the biggest possible fights on that card.

Cody continuing the age old tradition of dodging legitimate contenders. Said he won't fight Dillashaw because he's not a PPV draw and the fight doesn't make sense. How about you try being the draw?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/7/14148996/cody-garbrandt-says-tj-dillashaw-doesnt-draw-ppvs-its-not-a-fight-that-makes-sense

The UFC will probably have Cruz rematch Dillashaw while Cody fights a can. Dillashaw is right, he's been fighting the real championship fights and it's a sad indictment of where the company is going if they deny him another shot. ( Let's be honest, the UFC is punishing him for joining the MMAAA)

• Advertisement

McGregors next fight is Woodley/wonderboy winner or Diaz 3 imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement