Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    McGregors next fight is Woodley/wonderboy winner or Diaz 3 imo.

Not a chance for Diaz imo. Woodley/Wonderboy makes sense, especially if Khabib wins and is starving himself for Ramadan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not a chance for Diaz imo. Woodley/Wonderboy makes sense, especially if Khabib wins and is starving himself for Ramadan.

You think theres not a chance they go to that well again? was 202 not the biggest or 2nd biggest selling fight ever? they got bills to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »

You think theres not a chance they go to that well again? was 202 not the biggest or 2nd biggest selling fight ever? they got bills to pay.
    Diaz/ McGregor 3 is like their Trump card. They'd be stupid to play it now, when McGregor can currently draw nearly as much on his own.

But down the line? If he's coming off a loss, or he beats Woodley and Khabib, they'll make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

By God Woodley's carry on since he got his belt is nothing short of shameful..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I honestly don't think Wonderboy deserves a rematch. The draw was a stupid decision, Woodley soundly beat the ****e out of him for 3 rounds and the two that Wonderboy won were close.

Back in the queue and give Maia his chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Woodley doesn't want any of the Brazilian backpack

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Woodley doesn't want any of the Brazilian backpack

He said in November that he wanted to fight Maia on the Rousey - Nunes card but the UFC wouldn't say yes.

I was all for Wonderboy first time but he disappointed big time never hurt woodley really if were honest he was the only one close to being finished would rather the Maia fight like Wonderboy fight Lawler or sometime in the meantime.

Give wonderboy a fight with Condit or Lawler or something. Let him re-earn a title fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Holm wins the FW title at 208

Could they then have her fight Rousey? They could spin it as Rousey as having a difficult weight cut to 135 and she'd be more at home at 145

If she still wants to fight I wouldn't be surprised to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If Holm wins the FW title at 208

Could they then have her fight Rousey? They could spin it as Rousey as having a difficult weight cut to 135 and she'd be more at home at 145

If she still wants to fight I wouldn't be surprised to see it

No. Not one person would pay to see that demolition job

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't doubt that the UFC would try it, but it would be hugely irresponsible.

Ronda should retire. Dana has pressured people to retire before and he should do it again.

Holly at 145 would beat the hell out of Ronda again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No. Not one person would pay to see that demolition job

That a joke?

Holm v Rousey II would be a MASSIVE success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Woodley said he'll rematch Wonder boy on his podcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ufc 209 is looking top quality. If the rumours are true and nick diaz is also coming back for it then il explode with excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

brinty wrote: »
    Woodley said he'll rematch Wonder boy on his podcast

is there anyone left in mma who doesnt have a podcast these days? up to it wonder? get in on that squarespace money! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Depp wrote: »
    is there anyone left in mma who doesnt have a podcast these days? up to it wonder? get in on that squarespace money! :D

Wonder boy signed contract before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What's the story with Nick Diaz contract wise? Is he still under contract to the UFC.

Would like to see him do the smart thing, like Cruz, and have a tune up fight against a top 15 guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hope Wonderboy smashes Woodley this time, shuts him up and then Maia gets the next shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope Wonderboy smashes Woodley this time, shuts him up and then Maia gets the next shot.

They are both in big trouble if Maia drags them to the ground and it's worrying that Condit (in particular) couldn't stop it. I really think Condit has some of the best footwork and control of distance in the division and even he was taken down very easily.

Woodley would make a better job of handling Maia purely down to his wrestling but I think it's fair to say if Maia gets anybody in the UFC on the ground right now, at pretty much any weight class near him, he'd cut through them like Marcelo Garcia in his prime.

Unrelated - It'd be kinda fun if they wheel out Jack Black for Wonderboy's walk-out a la Sinead O' Connor at 189.

If Maia could out grapple Sonnen Gunni and Story I fancy him to get Woodley down at least once, might be an explosive wrestler but Maia is a genius he had Rory Mounted in rd 1 too only for his good bjj he survived that scare.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Wonderboy will have is kicking game shut down and be man handled again and everyone will stop pretending he's the second coming of chirst, thank jaysus.

Wonderboy will have is kicking game shut down and be man handled again and everyone will stop pretending he's the second coming of chirst, thank jaysus.

He looked nervous and tentative in the first fight i thought, wouldn't think he'd be like that in the 2nd fight

Oh and god forbid people get excited about an exciting fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I take it UFC London in March will be early hours to suit US time?. Because they are doing a CageWarriors show same night and Cage Warriors now affiliated usually works as a segway into the UFC early premins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

califano wrote: »
    I take it UFC London in March will be early hours to suit US time?. Because they are doing a CageWarriors show same night and Cage Warriors now affiliated usually works as a segway into the UFC early premins.

It's not a PPV so I doubt it'll be a late one, regular UK hours.

califano wrote: »

It's a fight night event and they're normally on at a normal time for the country they're in,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Reports of the fire kid signing for the UFC

http://www.flocombat.com/article/50172-fighter-to-watch-2017-tom-duquesnoy#.WHThSBuLSUk

Surely one of the best prospects in Europe at the moment.

Edit: As far as i can tell April 15th is a Kansas City PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

UFC 208 is one of the worst ppvs on paper that I can remember in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Fight night in the 3rd March in Vegas has been cancelled as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement