Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Interim a joke, they are trying to water down Conor a bit, from 2 weight to not even undisputed in 1 division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

the plan comes into action

win some bull**** interim belt
    fight chicken

#2017GOALS

All jokes aside. Hard fight for both guys and will be a great scrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

209 fight card is looking top quality. Will hunt vs overreem still go ahead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah, whatever about the interim belt nonsense, let's not lose sight that it should be a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

for sure it will be a great event and build up, hopefully the fight isn't a guy lying on the ground with a wet blanket on top. Certainly one to watch live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Mellor wrote: »
    This is a cook quiz. I missed 3 of them.
    1 MW and 2 HW's

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Cabelinho/ufc-champions

I got 64/75. Missed one WW, 3 MW and 7 HW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

JoeyJJ wrote:
    for sure it will be a great event and build up, hopefully the fight isn't a guy lying on the ground with a wet blanket on top. Certainly one to watch live.

In fairness to khabib you can't call him a wet blanket. He's pretty active on top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

ricero wrote: »
    209 fight card is looking top quality. Will hunt vs overreem still go ahead ?

If it doesn't he can add breach of contract to the suit. I am guessing they wont give him mic time if her wins though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Tony is definitely a slippery mofo, I could imagine him trying to roll out of throws and take-downs but can he avoid Khabib airlines for long? Khabib loves throwing around slick wrestlers and high-level black belts like they're toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The promo stuff for 209 should be great now that Khabib is playing the Ivan Drago heel character he has going on.

#1 Bull**** is the chicken hiding behind his girlfriend's baby bell so now they feed the dancer to The Eagle for pretend belt.

Think people are massively over rating Tony's BJJ here.

Khabib is a NAGA No-Gi world champion in 2 divisions lads, don't be thinking Tony has anything for him on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If Tony wins a single grappling exchange Khabib's owl fella will take him back up to the mountains as punishment and make him wrestle full grown bears, 99.9% of fighters are beatable be it and off night or someone just having their number Ferguson winning wouldnt surprise me too much his cardio is proven to be incredible go all day, Khabib never went 5rds did he?

I see Conors brother from another mother Dillon Danis is mouting off about Khabib now...he has moved on from Jones...

A complete novice never in a fight in his life cannot stand him, wasnt so tough when Gary Tonon left him on crutches.

Gamebred wrote: »
    A complete novice never in a fight in his life cannot stand him, wasnt so tough when Gary Tonon left him on crutches.

He's not very high up on my list of people id bother my arse talking too either :P

dashoonage wrote: »
    I see Conors brother from another mother Dillon Danis is mouting off about Khabib now...he has moved on from Jones...

He thinks he can talk his way a UFC contract without even having an amateur MMA record. He'd get murdered on a local card never mind against full time professionals.

Trying to avoid Tonon and Ryan so much that he's prepared to switch sports just to stay off the crutches.

He thinks he can talk his way a UFC contract without even having an amateur MMA record. He'd get murdered on a local card never mind against full time professionals.

Trying to avoid Tonon and Ryan so much that he's prepared to switch sports just to stay off the crutches.

What weight is he without the ego ?

Would love if the UFC granted his wish and he got merked and humbled it'd be gas.

Would love if the UFC granted his wish and he got merked and humbled it'd be gas.

mmm whats cmpunk up too....he could beat cmpunk...

dashoonage wrote: »
    mmm whats cmpunk up too....he could beat cmpunk...

Speaking of him I wonder if hes still training, the new owners will have him back fighting no bother to them anything for a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dillons a gent in person, dont let the online persona put you off him lads.

• Advertisement

Speaking of him I wonder if hes still training, the new owners will have him back fighting no bother to them anything for a few bob.

Dannis vs Punk.. fight week 2017... for the interim belt. I called it.

ASOT wrote: »
    Dillons a gent in person, dont let the online persona put you off him lads.

Ah I know tis clear as day hes doing the McGregor persona to build his name but least McGregor actually fights this chap should relax till he gets into a cage.

As far as I know Punk is still training and wants a fight this year. Can't think of anyone to match him against. He adds PPV sales though so they'd be foolish not to use him.

Django99 wrote: »
    As far as I know Punk is still training and wants a fight this year. Can't think of anyone to match him against. He adds PPV sales though so they'd be foolish not to use him.

They need to match him properly they done him a disservice with the Gall match up was way out of his league make a competitive fight.

They need to match him properly they done him a disservice with the Gall match up was way out of his league make a competitive fight.

There's isn't anyone in the UFC in his league though so it would have to be a newcomer. Even the likes of Sage would breeze past him. Even a guy like Danis or Amir Khan crossing from a different sport would hammer him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ah I know tis clear as day hes doing the McGregor persona to build his name but least McGregor actually fights this chap should relax till he gets into a cage.

Hes been doing it from before he met mcgregor iirc, but has ramped it up bg time ill agree! Nice bloke all the same hes only a youngfella

Django99 wrote: »
    There's isn't anyone in the UFC in his league though so it would have to be a newcomer. Even the likes of Sage would breeze past him. Even a guy like Danis or Amir Khan crossing from a different sport would hammer him.

Its a freak show they brought him into the ufc why not bring an opponent in for him, get someone to play heel wind him up about his loss and let them scrap the wrestling geeks will tune in and pay for it.

Its a freak show they brought him into the ufc why not bring an opponent in for him, get someone to play heel wind him up about his loss and let them scrap the wrestling geeks will tune in and pay for it.

They could trade ronda to wwe for someone no problem

The likes of that Journalist that Gall fought or the Spanish bum who nearly tapped Sage would be what they need, or someone like Ward.

• Advertisement

The likes of that Journalist that Gall fought or the Spanish bum who nearly tapped Sage would be what they need, or someone like Ward.

Oh yeah forgot about the Spanish guy, that I was one of the most bizarre arm bar attempts I've ever seen. Both of them waiting to see what would happen next.

But just going on the Gall fight, I actually couldn't see Punk competing with any of those guys except maybe the journalist. His attempt at throwing a punch was actually hard to watch, and once it went to the ground he was lucky Gall took pity and didn't pound him out.

He really is exceptionally low level from what I've seen, I reckon anyone with a decent background in combat sports would beat him with ease.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement