Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ASOT wrote: »
    Dillons a gent in person, dont let the online persona put you off him lads.

His online persona seems to garner him plenty of attention, so even if Reddit and sherdog think he's a douche, people are talking about him. Even have the likes of Jones talking about him now. For a guy who's never competed MMA, that's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lukker- wrote: »
    His online persona seems to garner him plenty of attention, so even if Reddit and sherdog think he's a douche, people are talking about him. Even have the likes of Jones talking about him now. For a guy who's never competed MMA, that's not bad.

it does. however a lot of people are forming their opinions of him based on his online person. Myself included, guilty as charged. Its hard not too forum an opinion based on it though. Its the only interaction some people will have with his name.

I'm sure he isnt bothered like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

dashoonage wrote: »
    it does. however a lot of people are forming their opinions of him based on his online person. Myself included, guilty as charged. Its hard not too forum an opinion based on it though. Its the only interaction some people will have with his name.

I'm sure he isnt bothered like.

As the saying goes, there's only one thing worse than people talking about you; that's people not talking about you. No such thing as bad publicity!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Fight pass is free for the weekend. No card needed.

Just go here:

https://www.ufc.tv/secure/subscription?sku=PFIGHTPASSHD&code=freeweekend

Time to binge

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Several celebrities own shares in the UFC. Conor McGregor and the UFC are trying to negotiate a fight with Floyd Mayweather. Meryl Streep mentions MMA in an awards speech. The president of the US is friends with the president of the UFC. The most retweeted sporting tweet of 2016 was from McGregor. Lebron James just tweeted Karate Hottie.

I think it's official, MMA and particularly the UFC are now mainstream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The likes of that Journalist that Gall fought or the Spanish bum who nearly tapped Sage would be what they need, or someone like Ward.

Ward would be a good opponent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ward would take his head off lads, hes muck but hes not that muck,

they need some bum 155er to go fight him at 170 so there wont be massive power to worry about, Dodger montano the guy pendred fought in Mexico one the worst fighters ive ever seen.

I'll fight him. 3 million. 2 stripe white belt with some striking experience. ill need a 15lbs cut to get to 170. Open to catchweight though. I'll also want an Interim belt. Wonderlife will handle my media. Who wants to corner me ? I'll only fight in new york as well. **** that vegas **** lads.

Anderson Silva v Brunson added to 208, I like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Got to say 208 is not looking too shabby now. We got the title fight, souza, silva and also lewis vs browne.

Tis daycent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nick turned down a fight against Tyron @ 209 because he wasn't offered enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Django99 wrote: »
    Several celebrities own shares in the UFC. Conor McGregor and the UFC are trying to negotiate a fight with Floyd Mayweather. Meryl Streep mentions MMA in an awards speech. The president of the US is friends with the president of the UFC. The most retweeted sporting tweet of 2016 was from McGregor. Lebron James just tweeted Karate Hottie.

I think it's official, MMA and particularly the UFC are now mainstream.
    McGregor wasn't even in the top 3 sports Tweets. Muhammad Ali's RIP tweet was top.
    Some NFL player and Kobe were the next two. It's big, it can get bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mellor wrote: »
    McGregor wasn't even in the top 3 sports Tweets. Muhammad Ali's RIP tweet was top.
    Some NFL player and Kobe were the next two. It's big, it can get bigger

Id imagine it was either Brady or Manning who are worth about 500 million

Id imagine it was either Brady or Manning who are worth about 500 million

Shawn Lynch actually.

And I just checked the list and McGregor was further down than I thought, 7th

Leicester City
    Ali
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Christian Fuchs
    Shawn Lynch
    Kobe
    McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nick turned down a fight against Tyron @ 209 because he wasn't offered enough.

Some goon.

Wasting the best years of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Some Live One FC on eir sport 2 now,
    Never heard of this before,
    Some Big dudes fighting now :-)

Asian promotion is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

XsApollo wrote: »
    Some Live One FC on eir sport 2 now,
    Never heard of this before,
    Some Big dudes fighting now :-)

Asian promotion is it?

Only on Premier Sports over here - not payig for that again!

Yup One is fairly big deal over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Nice ring girls there :-)

Where is over here? Ireland?

It's on eir now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Bumped into John Michael Sheil today as he was finishing a class in Bray. A nicer fellow you wouldn't meet. Full of beans he was, wired to the moon. Was telling me he has a fight coming up in Canada soon and is excited about it after so many people turning down a fight against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Invicta just starting. Rachael Ostovich Berdon fighting, sure doesn't look like an MMA fighter. Her opponent, eh, does.

• Advertisement

Dillashaw v Cody rumoured to be coaches on TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Gamebred wrote: »

Now that will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ugh I wish TUF would die

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ugh I wish TUF would die

Or.....Celebrity TUF with CM Punk and James Toney as coaches? :pac:

If the rumours of a comeback series of TUF are true then this will potentially be the best series of TUF to date, regardless of how the fights turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Confirmed as per Anik on the broadcast. Something about former contestants and one current active UFC fighter competing...

mmm thats not until the summer though?

Whos fighting for the interim bw belt in the meantime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Does that mean BW title is idle until after tuf?

Does that mean BW title is idle until after tuf?

Cody said he wanted to take some time off until June anyway after 207, so thats an interim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The end of Rogan's fight companion was pretty interesting. Maybe was a bit more open after some wine but talked about how he is only there cos of Dana, he doesn't agree with the interims.

Most interestingly though how for the Rousey fight a lot of his comments in the promo were taking from 2 years ago which he didn't say before this fight and was taken out of context. How people back stage didn't know Nunes name and were calling her cannon fodder. Not surprising it happened but doubt they will be happy hearing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement