Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Makes it even more pleasing that she got rekd, the suits took a massive massive gamble going all in on Ronda and it fell at the first hurdle.

Woodley playing the race card again I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And Woodley will wonder why fans will boo him come fight time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Even worse when he's using DJ and JJ as an example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Gamebred wrote: »

its the only angle he has to be fair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Seriously though, the reason the UFC want Wonderboy as champion is because he's an all american god fearing white boy from the bible belt.

Wonderboy can pretend he believed he won the fight but he know he lost, everyone who watched he fight know he lost and it was not even close. Wonderboy's kicking game was completely cut down and he looked flustered and lost.

He's getting a fight that he doesn't deserve at the expense of people like Maia.

You think that's not because he's the older Sage Northcutt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Seriously though, the reason the UFC want Wonderboy as champion is because he's an all american god fearing white boy from the bible belt.

Wonderboy can pretend he believed he won the fight but he know he lost, everyone who watched he fight know he lost and it was not even close. Wonderboy's kicking game was completely cut down and he looked flustered and lost.

He's getting a fight that he doesn't deserve at the expense of people like Maia.

dont agree there, along with many others I scored it a draw and imo it should be an automatic rematch if a fight is a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wonderboy does deserve the rematch imo. It was a draw so its only right they go at it again and see who is the better man.

I cant wait for it and i reckon wonderboy will make the right adjustments for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Depp wrote: »
    dont agree there, along with many others I scored it a draw and imo it should be an automatic rematch if a fight is a draw.

Total nonsense, clear 3-2 to Woodley and at least one, poissibly two of them were 10-8 rounds. Wonderboy managed to score bull**** tap points for two rounds and never looked dangerous and was nearly finished 4 times, even HE can't bring himself to claim he won, he holds on to his majority draw ****e to justify a rematch.

I hope Woodley decides to just wrestle fu*k him and do what he did in the first round for 4 rounds next time and end the wonderboy hype forever.

• Advertisement

How exactly is Wonderboy Hype? hes arguably the best fighter on the planet at 170, something like 60-0 in Kickboxing, not what I'd call hype that right there is substance,

I scored it 2,3,5 with rd 4 a 10-8 round to Woodley.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I agree Maia is the one losing out here. But saying that Woodley v Wonderboy wasn't close is undermined your arguement. It was incredibably close.

Wonderboy won rounds 2 and 5 pretty clearly. All judges agreed. And all the media too from what I seen. Woodley took 1 and 4 universally I believe.
    3 was the swing round and 2 out 3 judges gave it to WB. The media mostly gave it to Wonderboy too I think.

Woodley was more dominant in the rounds he won, which is why he got 10-8s - and that's all that saved his belt. 14/25 score cards on MMADecisions scored it a draw. It was the right call. Thompson didn't win, but he didn't lose either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Total nonsense, clear 3-2 to Woodley and at least one, poissibly two of them were 10-8 rounds. Wonderboy managed to score bull**** tap points for two rounds and never looked dangerous and was nearly finished 4 times, even HE can't bring himself to claim he won, he holds on to his majority draw ****e to justify a rematch.

So I think it's clear that Subcomandante loves Wonderboy... just ask the guy out already,what's the worst he can say... no or has he done that already

It was a straight up draw,plain and simple.. if woodley was so decisive in his win why would he not just have signed up for a rematch going yea I beat this guy already and I'll do quicker thus time..

He is angling to get paid like they all are calling out guys above and below their weight class I.e. Conor and bisping in Woodley's case so they can make the most money they can as quick as they can.

Simple response to woodley is you want bisping at 180 fine but you lose the 170 belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I was onto my buddy between rounds 4/5 watching live and called the draw. Was a close fight I'm happy to see it again. I do like both fighters however Wonderboy is one of my fav since seeing him live v Ellenberger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How could anybody hate on Wonderboy?! The guy is just super nice. Like Sage Northcutt nice.

But not mentally slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jimi Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson

meh...will watch...

London is looking absolute muck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

London is looking absolute muck so far.

ya i cancelled my hotel. wouldnt be too bothered by it. Would rather put the few quid towards a US card again. Maybe a boston FN or something.

How on gods earth can tickets be dearer than UFC204? with that gang of bums so far on the card, lot of big fighters all matched up elsewhere so hardly going to get a great main event, I'm going regardless wanna visit London but wouldnt blame anyone skipping it, probably get Mousasi as main now having seen him at 204 and Belfast I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jimi Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson

meh...will watch...

Is this going to be the main event?

I'm going to go to this seeing as I will be in London anyway that weekend but its a very uninspiring card so far.

• Advertisement

No thats not the main or co main apparently, rumours of Mousasi, Rashad or Gus to headline it, 10 fights announced so far so maybe 2 or 3 left was hoping Ar-tem would be on it or Gunni.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

No thats not the main or co main apparently, rumours of Mousasi, Rashad or Gus to headline it, 10 fights announced so far so maybe 2 or 3 left was hoping Ar-tem would be on it or Gunni.

Cheers.

Any idea when tickets are on sale? Cant see anything on the fightclub mobile site with a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fight Club Presale 25th Jan
    Newsletter Presale 26th Jan
    General Sale 27th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

How on gods earth can tickets be dearer than UFC204? with that gang of bums so far on the card, lot of big fighters all matched up elsewhere so hardly going to get a great main event, I'm going regardless wanna visit London but wouldnt blame anyone skipping it, probably get Mousasi as main now having seen him at 204 and Belfast I hope not.

Not seen prices yet. How bad?

Have already decided that I'm not going but. . .fight club sub is still active. . .only 20 minutes from the house. . .

If there were some reasonably cheap ones I could be tempted

theteal wrote: »
    Not seen prices yet. How bad?

Have already decided that I'm not going but. . .fight club sub is still active. . .only 20 minutes from the house. . .

If there were some reasonably cheap ones I could be tempted

Think they start at 40 pound and go up through 70 95 135 200 or similar, some bad views ive heard in the 02 so be careful getting a cheap one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

6 days out from the sale and no main event or co-main event?
    I'm already locked in as I stupidly booked a non-refundable hotel :( would have given it a miss otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

dashoonage wrote: »
    ya i cancelled my hotel. wouldnt be too bothered by it. Would rather put the few quid towards a US card again. Maybe a boston FN or something.

Yeah that's a good idea. America cards are awesome. A McGregor fight might cost a bit but you'll look back and have sweet memories.

Bammator had a card here late last year and have one in the north soon. They might put one on here late this year in Dublin again if Gallagher gets a bit more hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,778 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Think they start at 40 pound and go up through 70 95 135 200 or similar, some bad views ive heard in the 02 so be careful getting a cheap one.

Been to 4 UFC events in the 02. Twice in the cheapest category and twice in the one better.

Not a bad seat in the house. It's a class arena albeit slightly cold higher up which is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not a bad seat in the house. It's a class arena albeit slightly cold higher up which is understandable.

Not sure I'd agree that there isn't a bad seat. I had a cheap seat in the nosebleeds for UFC 85 and it was pretty poop.

• Advertisement

Had a mate go and said he was behind some sort of pillar in the cheap seats, would go for 95e ones myself if Im going to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement