Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,778 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not sure I'd agree that there isn't a bad seat. I had a cheap seat in the nosebleeds for UFC 85 and it was pretty poop.

I've sat all corners of the place and it's great, most recently Bisping v Silva.

Weakest seat was a cheap one for Gustaffson vs Manuwa and even that was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Bisping out until may with knee surgery

another interim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dashoonage wrote: »
    Bisping out until may with knee surgery

another interim

May is plenty of time to let Joel feed on the souls of his sparing partners until he can retire Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

May is plenty of time to let Joel feed on the souls of his sparing partners until he can retire Michael.

na...needs interim...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dashoonage wrote: »
    na...needs interim...

Two interims.

Joel vs Luke and Silva vs Shawn Micahels winner of each fights rachother for the super interim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Isn't the new rule that injuries automatically equal interim titles

And the interim title combatants can be overweight, win the fight,not win the title but then not get a title shot cos the champ wants to go up and fight at the next weight for the title there????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Two interims.

Joel vs Luke and Silva vs Shawn Micahels winner of each fights rachother for the super interim.

Have to admit, when they eventually fight Bisping, the Super Undisputed UFC Middleweight champion does have a nice ring to it. :pac:

Michaels to beat Bisping by head kick, defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

May isn't that far away, Romero should wait. In the meantime Jacare has a fight to keep himself warm, Mousasi is calling out Weidman, while Rockhold is apparently grappling Jon Jones in Chaels promotion. Seems straightforward that if Jacare wins he gets a shot or else fights Mousasi in a number one contender fight (unless Weidman beats Mousasi, then I'd give Jacare a shot straight away)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

martyos121 wrote:
    Michaels to beat Bisping by "sweet chin music" defo.
    Bah gawd....

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brinty wrote: »
    Bah gawd....

Fyp

Had to dumb it down for the non-wrestling fans, that's much better though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mousassi-Weidman at 210.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mousassi-Weidman at 210.

Great match-up. Looking forward to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Weidman on some slide if he loses that, will try wrestle **** Mousasi would've preferred a gimme fight like Hall or something to get a Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gamebred wrote: »
    Weidman on some slide if he loses that, will try wrestle **** Mousasi would've preferred a gimme fight like Hall or something to get a Win.
    Cant see him winning that one.He was busted up fairly bad his last two fights and looks to be on the slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Didn't even realise bj penn fought last Sunday night. How was he doing before he was finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Didn't even realise bj penn fought last Sunday night. How was he doing before he was finished?

he landed a few decent punches but they were seriously lacking power, other thsn that he got spanked....sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****ing terrible. A perfect example of how the game is evolving. He shouldn't have been allowed come out for the 2nd round. Saying that, he should have never been given Yair.

Big fight for Weidman he really is in no mans land if he loses.

Interestingly, I remember before the Rockhold fight he decided to lose a lot of weight to make the cut easier, if I remember correctly he was in the 190s a couple of weeks out. Perhaps he's sacrificed a lot of strength in favour of a smaller cut. Perhaps he could do with bulking up a bit and moving to 205?

I would be worried about his chin, got the piss beat out him by Luke then that knee, great fight for Mousasi.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Quiet enjoying the mayweather McGregor thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mousassi-Weidman at 210.

I say this and thought "jaysus they're both big MW's but why fight at such an odd catchweight"

Always catches me when it's close to weight numbers, the amount of times I hear Conor is fighting at 205 and my first thought for 3 seconds is he's a lune going that high.....oh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

darced wrote: »
    Weidman was doing great against Romero until the knee, I'm still a believer.

He was going decent. Great is a bit of a stretch. He was hardly destroying him.

qwabercd wrote: »
    He was going decent. Great is a bit of a stretch. He was hardly destroying him.

Yeah I'd say it was 19-19 going into round 3 so that was gonna be the decider either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Django99 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say it was 19-19 going into round 3 so that was gonna be the decider either way.

Weidman wont make it back to the top imo. Whether it wad a case of he wasn't as good we thought he was (overrated wins against older fighters) or the rockhold fight broke him I'm not sure if we'll ever know.

Quiet enjoying the mayweather McGregor thread

Good debate alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It's admirable that The Chris is taking a tough fight so soon. Would definitely favour him to win this one but should be a good fight. I reckon he might have at least one more run at the title left in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If you're a BJ fan, watch his walk out (the best in MMA) and then turn it off.
    The fight was a tough watch as a BJ fan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    If you're a BJ fan, watch his walk out (the best in MMA) and then turn it off.
    The fight was a tough watch as a BJ fan
    I'm a big BJ fan ( who isn't ;) ) but haven't brought myself to watch it yet. Turned it off just before the walkout last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement