Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Can someone please explain to me while "Khalabeeb" is meant to be funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm guessing it's down to some people thinking Joey Diaz is funny and not what he really is, a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Anyone else spot that helen maroulis seems to be training out of sbg the last while? Wonder is she considering moving over? Could be a few interesting matchups for her if so. Also spotted makwan seems to be at it full tilt in sbg aswel does he have a fight scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's down to some people thinking Joey Diaz is funny and not what he really is, a moron.

Funny to laugh at rather than laugh with

Whole thing was hilarious with him getting names wrong no matter how many times he was corrected

Is Romero Rockhold for fight night London confirmed? :eek: Great main event if so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Is Romero Rockhold for fight night London confirmed? :eek: Great main event if so..

Bisping out until may with knee injury. When is London?

Bisping out until may with knee injury. When is London?

18th March, just saw it on the Wikipedia fight card earlier think it was a troll though tbh..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Zero chance of that happening, would be on a ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6r3sbA9XH8&t=561s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'd also like to know why Joey Diaz is meant to be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Saipanne wrote: »
    I'd also like to know why Joey Diaz is meant to be funny.

Loud Noises basically

A footballer involved in a head clash in the Chelsea Hull game is fighting for his life tonight, I hope to god he pulls through,

Dont see anyone calling for the banning of football though funnily enough, the press would be all over it tonight if it was mma or UFC as the do gooders think its called

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Gamebred wrote: »
    A footballer involved in a head clash in the Chelsea Hull game is fighting for his life tonight, I hope to god he pulls through,

Dont see anyone calling for the banning of football though funnily enough, the press would be all over it tonight if it was mma or UFC as the do gooders think its called

too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hull released a statement saying he underwent surgery and is in a stable condition

Sickening incident, has been studies into players heading the ball over their careers would well believe there is some effect on the brain, some of the old balls on a wet day would give you concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

The anti mma crowd aren't exactly do gooders, they're mostly agenda driven slightly conservative types

Honestly, if you can't see the difference between an incident like that in football vs MMA you're either blinded by your love for the sport or just constructing a strawman. I say that as an MMA fan myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

You really are missing the point here.

In Combat Sports the main aim is to cause as much harm/pain/injury whatever what you want to word it to the person you are facing. When this causes concussion, serious brain damage and even death thats where the legitamcy of the sport comes into question.

What happened in the football match was purely accidental.

Disagree, if people are gonna be left nearly dead I want it banned too too many injuries someone think of the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You really are missing the point here.

In Combat Sports the main aim is to cause as much harm/pain/injury whatever what you want to word it to the person you are facing. When this causes concussion, serious brain damage and even death thats where the legitamcy of the sport comes into question.

What happened in the football match was purely accidental.

While I agree with trying to compare the 2 different sports in this instance, accidental sure but the circumstance arose due to an aerial challenge as they're often referred in which opponents purposely contest for the football by throwing their heads at it.

After the match Cahill was interviewed, he was asked a question about a foul in the build up to goal which he replied "I can't remember, sorry" that doesn't exactly convince you that his welfare was looked after despite getting on the scoresheet with a header no less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

While I agree with trying to compare the 2 different sports in this instance, accidental sure but the circumstance arose due to an aerial challenge as they're often referred in which opponents purposely contest for the football by throwing their heads at it.

After the match Cahill was interviewed, he was asked a question about a foul in the build up to goal which he replied "I can't remember, sorry" that doesn't exactly convince you that his welfare was looked after despite getting on the scoresheet with a header no less.

A defender saying that he can not remember fouling someone when they got away. Don't think any player will say they fouled someone when they got away with.

I like mma but trying to head a ball very few will get a head injuries. With the new mma law it will be easier to knee someone in the head with the 3 points on contact when getting back up .

Leave heading in football and people who know the risks of fighting, fight each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Woodley playing the race card again on the mma hour. And he wonders why people hate on him..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He's really turned it up a notch the last week, even said wonderboy supporters are kkk. He said this mma hour would be the most watched episode because of what her has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Woodley playing the race card again on the mma hour. And he wonders why people hate on him..

Just listened back to it, what a tool he is. Saying its racist to call him well spoken, or to call him a freak athlete. Hes blatantly upset because he isnt a superstar, and one of the main reasons he isnt has nothing to do with his skin color.

Have never heard a grown man bitch as much in my whole life as he did in that interview despise the man I will pray to the gods if they exist that he's kicked unconscious.

ASOT wrote: »
    Just listened back to it, what a tool he is. Saying its racist to call him well spoken, or to call him a freak athlete. Hes blatantly upset because he isnt a superstar, and one of the main reasons he isnt has nothing to do with his skin color.

He has a serious chip on his shoulder. Not sure why ( in a ufc sense rather than racial relations in the us) Not a fan anyway. Hes a Whiner. Unjustifiably so in my opinion

Enjoyed Goldbergs interview on the mma hour today came across really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Looking forward to this season of TUF, TJs coaches are immense ( Bowling, Bang, Brown, Elliot Marshall)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPqW7DxA0FX/

And Codys ( Faber, Danny Castillo, Robert Meese, Fabio Prado)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPqA-bpDUqI/

Would have liked to see buchholz on codys team but im not sure if hes still mates with tj.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Was there any announcement on the type of contestants they're having? There was talk of a come back season but I don't think these coaches would suit that. But they need something to keep it fresh. The last season was interesting by allowing the winner to fight for the belt.

• Advertisement

Django99 wrote: »
    Was there any announcement on the type of contestants they're having? There was talk of a come back season but I don't think these coaches would suit that. But they need something to keep it fresh. The last season was interesting by allowing the winner to fight for the belt.

Apparently a current ufc fighter is going into it..think i heard that on mma hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement