Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »
    McGregor v Lawler was the UFC 200 headliner if Conor had won tonight, per Dana.

Now, Dana reckons 145 against either Edgar or Aldo is next.

Jeremy Botter, who seems to be very close to the McGregor camp based on recent stories he has broken, thinks it's extremely unlikely he ever fights at 145 again and thinks Cowboy at UFC 200 makes the most sense.

Who does RDA fight next so? Winner of Khabib and Ferguson? Diaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gotta be Diaz IMO. If it's true that 196 did the best numbers ever (they're words), he should be enough of a draw to get the title fight. Khabib is the rightful #1 contender in that division if he beats El Cucuy, but he won't draw a penny, let's be honest. It's more of a business than a sporting league at the end of the day.

After all the times the Diaz bros have been shafted by the UFC, Nate fully deserves his title fight, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz to get rag dolled by RDA, then RDA to get rag dolled by Khabib and then Khabib to spontaneously combust mid-camp and have to vacate the belt followed by a royal rumble with Ferguson, Diaz, Cowboy, RDA and Conor, winner fights the Under Taker at Summer Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd buy that for a dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Imagine what Khabib or Ferguson would do to Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Diaz hasn't a hope against RDA, God knows what he would have done to Conor. Only Khabib or Ferg have a hope against RDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has anyone ever bought anything off the UFC EU store? I've seen a few things I'd like to purchase, but £20 for 5-7 day delivery and that's the only available option? :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Has anyone ever bought anything off the UFC EU store? I've seen a few things I'd like to purchase, but £20 for 5-7 day delivery and that's the only available option? :eek::confused:

I have but no chance did I pay that for postage that's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Use Parcel Wizard/Parcel Motel

£4.95 for postage (plus the €3 charge for Parcel Wizard) and it arrives in 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Journal.ie put up a poll asking if Irish MMA should get funding from the Irish Sports Council. Mad the amount of people saying no.

379631.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

shur its brutal joe, people die in them cagefights :rolleyes:

In all seriousness it would be great if MMA got funding from the Irish Sports council as it would help develop the sport. I'm assuming the Irish amateur pankration association would be the governing body?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

shur its brutal joe, people die in them cagefights :rolleyes:

In all seriousness it would be great if MMA got funding from the Irish Sports council as it would help develop the sport. I'm assuming the Irish amateur pankration association would be the governing body?

Good luck getting funding from them,ridiculous the amount of money the GAA get from them,like they need it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Good luck getting funding from them,ridiculous the amount of money the GAA get from them,like they need it

I know it wouldn't happen, it took a lot to get them to give decent funding to boxing. Combat sports are low on the agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Journal.ie put up a poll asking if Irish MMA should get funding from the Irish Sports Council. Mad the amount of people saying no.

379631.PNG

does it not need to be a an Olympic sport (or GAA) to be funded? no idea btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

The woman's bantamweight title just looks like it's going to be a game of pass the belt between Ronda, Meisha and Holly. Ronda will prob beat Meisha, then Holly will beat whoever they throw her against and then she will beat Ronda. Holly will fight Meisha again and so on....

Did ya hear Dana say he text Ronda and she said she hadn't watched the fight (seriously wtf is wrong with her) but when Dana told her Tate won, Ronda said "time to get back to work then". Wow, great champion mindset there Ronda.

I'm not a big fan of Tate but would love to see her beat Ronda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Did ya hear Dana say he text Ronda and she said she hadn't watched the fight (seriously wtf is wrong with her) but when Dana told her Tate won, Ronda said "time to get back to work then". Wow, great champion mindset there Ronda.

I'm not a big fan of Tate but would love to see her beat Ronda

Yeah shes a muppet Ronda for sure wasnt coming back if that fight lasted 2 more mins and Holly won,know she knows its armbar city,although ronda might not be the same fighter after that ko it really was vicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear ~ Lee sensei.

As for Ronda not looking at the fight, why are you shocked that she wouldn't?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Ronda still too traumatised to watch an MMA fight.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Ronda still too traumatised to watch an MMA fight.

If shes asked an mma question she will walk out of a interview,praying miesha up ends here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Gamebred wrote: »
    If shes asked an mma question she will walk out of a interview,praying miesha up ends here.

Contrast her and Conors reaction to defeat. Night and day.

As for Ronda not looking at the fight, why are you shocked that she wouldn't?.

I thought she might be interested to see what's going on with the belt she just lost and her biggest rival looking to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I thought she might be interested to see what's going on with the belt she just lost and her biggest rival looking to get it.

She might have done and was bluffing, but I'd 'tend to believe her if she said she didn't look at the fight.

She's been a fighter all her life, I'm sure she doesn't mind not looking occasionally.

Honestly I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she didn't look.

Good line up on the MMA Hour today

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 18h18 hours ago Tomorrow on #themmahour: @John_Kavanagh @RdosAnjosMMA @jakeshieldsajj @realchopperchi @ChuckMindenhall & @PaigeVanzantUFC in studio. (And u)

97 retweets 299 likes

Davei141 wrote: »
    Contrast her and Conors reaction to defeat. Night and day.

contrast their fight history and achievements. night and day.

Point is though, she was undefeated in 6 years and one of the most dominant champions ever. She lost in absolutely brutal fashion.

I think she's allowed to be pretty pissed with the fight/herself, and if she needs to step away from the sport to put things back in perspective then so be it.

She's also a pretty sore loser, and that's definitely not a secret :pac:

contrast their fight history and achievements. night and day.

Point is though, she was undefeated in 6 years and one of the most dominant champions ever. She lost in absolutely brutal fashion.

I think she's allowed to be pretty pissed with the fight/herself, and if she needs to step away from the sport to put things back in perspective then so be it.

She's also a pretty sore loser, and that's definitely not a secret :pac:

Without looking to get into a big arguement I think Conors achievements outweight Rondas in mma 10 times over,her fight before holm was against some nobody in betch who took up mma to lose weight,

Conors wins hold way more weight than any of Rouseys imo,i agree she was most dominant but her actual skills are far from impressive,her striking alone she couldnt box eggs,cant throw a basic kick even

Womens mma is evolving rapidly shes a pioneer to be fair but as a mixed martial artist I wouldnt rate her that highly

Without looking to get into a big arguement I think Conors achievements outweight Rondas in mma 10 times over,her fight before holm was against some nobody in betch who took up mma to lose weight,

Conors wins hold way more weight than any of Rouseys imo,i agree she was most dominant but her actual skills are far from impressive,her striking alone she couldnt box eggs,cant throw a basic kick even

Womens mma is evolving rapidly shes a pioneer to be fair but as a mixed martial artist I wouldnt rate her that highly

Yes. Conor would beat Rousey in a fight. there, i said it!

For the rest you're just trolling. seriously. remove those green tinted glasses.

Sometimes, to be a champion in MMA, all you need is to be utterly dominant in one area. She is one of the greatest judokas to ever grace the UFC. She most definitely is not the most rounded MMA fighter, and has serious gaps, but that doesn't always matter.

Her record speaks for itself. Come back to me when Conor has 5-6 defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Sometimes, to be a champion in MMA, all you need is to be utterly dominant in one area.

Might be somewhat true in Rondas division (before she got starched), but champions nowadays need to be well rounded more than ever before.

As for whose achievements are greater (right now), I don't think they can be compared. Sure, Ronda has more title defenses and was unbeaten for a long time. But apart from Holly and Miesha that division is extremely weak. And not to take anything away from Miesha's performance, I think she loses to Holly 8 times out of 10.

If Conor can beat frankie and get a decent run going at 155 then I would more inclined to agree with Gamebred. At the moment though, I wouldn't be able to choose.

At the end of the day the fighter can only beat who's in front of them. It's always going to be subjective as to who has had the tougher fights.

I personally think yee are fighting a losing battle against each other debating this :pac:

How in gods earth is there talk of Nate Diaz fighting Robbie Lawler? he beat a featherweight ffs he would be broken by that machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

How in gods earth is there talk of Nate Diaz fighting Robbie Lawler? he beat a featherweight ffs he would be broken by that machine.

More hype from Dana. He's getting more full of **** as time goes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement