Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

dashoonage wrote: »

Hopefully Seery steps in.

Edit - Just seen he offered to step in, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mellor wrote: »
    Cyborg was one out of many athletes assessed by USADA. And by no means the norm. You can't just pick the favourable results and claim precedent.

Based on that anything he says now should really be inspected and met with a :rolleyes:.
    If he claims a hormone issue now, they should cross check that with his blood samples on file. Should be easy to expose any lies.

I have only quoted two parts of your response. As the second part should also apply to cyborg and anyone woth5 previous flags for usage.

My point is that a fighter under care of a physician should be checking with usada. Not looking to get away with it afterwards.

ASOT wrote: »
    Hopefully Seery steps in.

Edit - Just seen he offered to step in, lovely.

in my opinion that was the fight to make for london day one with both lads retiring...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I see Mackenzie Dern won her bout last night in Legacy but didn't make weight for second time straight. I imagine the UFC will need a 125 division if shes gonna be the star some are tipping her to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dashoonage wrote: »
    in my opinion that was the fight to make for london day one with both lads retiring...

Yup defo the first fight was highly entertaining

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Marlon Vera to step in against Pickett

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

There posters have been dog**** since the takeover.

Not just the posters m8 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

chupacabra wrote: »
    Not just the posters m8 :(

its a joke some of the decisions lately, theyre really damaging the brand

Misha Cirkunov’s back in the UFC fights on FN109 against Volkan Oezdemir, I hope Krylov comes back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Silva v Gastelum for UFC 212 announced

Silva v Gastelum for UFC 212 announced

Dam it i wanted Yoel....

Just looking at the rankings there...the top 10 of MW has all the violence...bisping is bloody right to run as far as he can from it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Be huge for kelvin if he gets the win against silva. The boy has come back up to middleweight and looks fantastic. A win against a big name like silva should propel him to the top end of the que and more than likely get him a top 5 match up.

Dangerous fight as he likes to come forward and silva could trouble him although he looked lethargic against brunson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Genius from Kelvin. Building his name on a legends slaying tour. These guys arent the same as they were due to USADA or age, and his hands are the fastest in MW.

Silva is still a threat though, Kelvin has sloppy footwork and if he steps in throwing at the wrong time Anderson can still punish you.

Hats off to Anderson, big set of cojones on the old dog.

Anderson is collecting them cash monies before he rides off into the sunset. He signed a 10 fight deal before he came to the wrong end of wediman....so say what...6-7 fights @800k + PPV whats that ? 5.6 million plus PPV points....more of a retirement plan than i have the cute hoore....

Dalby released by the UFC madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Damn! Can't believe that one. Really enjoy his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Event announced in Glasgow for July 16. Too early to really predict a main event or who'll be on it.

Possible wishful thinking, but would love if Duffy won this weekend and got to fight a ranked opponent at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Django99 wrote: »
    Event announced in Glasgow for July 16. Too early to really predict a main event or who'll be on it.

Possible wishful thinking, but would love if Duffy won this weekend and got to fight a ranked opponent at this.

That's if he signs a new contract, which is far from certain at this stage. I'd love to see him fight Jim Miller if he stays, it'd be an out and out brawl, but a winnable fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's if he signs a new contract, which is far from certain at this stage. I'd love to see him fight Jim Miller if he stays, it'd be an out and out brawl, but a winnable fight.

Yeah I know, the way he's been talking it's hard to see it. Him v Miller would be a barn burner and would represent progress. Sounds good to me. If Alvarez loses to Poirier that's actually a fight I'd like for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

martyos121 wrote: »

Unfortunately I think the consensus is Duffy is leaving win or lose.

It's clear the UFC brass don't want to push him, I think it's less to do with money and more to do with him wanting ranked opponents.

It's a shame because Gary Cook was keen on pushing him to have another top Irish fighter that appeals to UK/Ireland markets but since he left Duffy has been sidelined. Not marketable enough for WME.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Have you seen him lately?

He looks like a heavyweight. Piled on the weight.

Wonder if he's packing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I think that the sport will be at a loss if they lose Duffy. He is one of the most exciting fighters outside the top 10 rankings. I think that the Pourier fight was an unfortunate defeat for him, in that he underestimated the wrestling that is required in the ufc. I am sure he has corrected this, but he might not get another chance to prove this, unless he is willing to fight for peanuts and against unranked opposition for the remainder of his career. The ufc is now all about the press conference and show before the fight. Duffy has made the point several times that he will not play this game as it is not him and also said that people that are attempting to play mouth before a fight who used not do it are going to get found out for being inauthentic.

So there is where it is at. I hope he finishes the fight in style on Saturday. i am fairly convinced that he will win it but what happens after this is anyones guess. Good luck Joe I hope you get what you deserve.

Few twats at the Q and A in London asking the typical stupid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How did I only hear now that GSP was in a movie last year with the seagull???

I'm 'acquiring' it right now. I hope it's as bad as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gina Carano is also in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

xtal191 wrote: »
    Gina Carano is also in it :D

Watchable so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

He's in the new Kick boxer movie with Van Damme also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gamb!t wrote: »
    He's in the new Kick boxer movie with Van Damme also.

Ah **** thats what I thought he was on about, always get those two mixed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement