Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only twigged why everyone moved up a place in the LHW rankings when when discussing with a friend about next for Manuwa that it was because they removed Ryan Bader knew he was testing free agency but when checking about him saw the parting shot comments from Dana absolute disgrace.

Another shining example of being a company man for the UFC is not the way to go I can't think of many that could top Baders CV on this, lost only twice in his last 9 to Glover in Brazil and absolute beast Rumble in fact out of those 9 fights for an American 6 of those were outside the states which is highly unusual.

It seemed they stacked a lot against him but he came up trumps (likely by unanimous Decision :D) but headlined in Brazil in his last fight when they were stuck and remained on the card even when big Gus had to pull out, 2 Kos in last 2 aswell is that not what they asked from him?

Dana then to say at his age (33) he belongs in Belator the same man then promoting young guns to knock a 40 year old Vitor about the place.

Fair enough the grinders can be uneventful leave your #3/4 LHW if he's surplus to requirements go without the needless comments if he's deemed not good enough it just underlines what a stink division LHW is in it's current state.

Also Ben Rothwell also removed due to him being flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Only twigged why everyone moved up a place in the LHW rankings when when discussing with a friend about next for Manuwa that it was because they removed Ryan Bader ...

I thought Tyson Pedro's post after Bader's removal was funny

MhDk5vG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

He could climb the rankings very fast if he keeps the performances going. A few of the lads ahead of him are close to retiring and a lot of the same guys fighting over and over again in the top 5. Seems like a character by that post so he might draw a few viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Not to mention the fact that he keeps beating people in the first round. He made light work of Paul Craig a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lewis vs hunt at ufc fight night in new zealand. I love it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hunt shouldnt be fighting for about 6 months after that overoid ko.

ricero wrote: »
    Lewis vs hunt at ufc fight night in new zealand. I love it

Me too. Best part is it's during the Lions tour so I'm flying up to Auckland for the day to see it. Looks like a 10am start though which will be weird

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Hunt shouldnt be fighting for about 6 months after that overoid ko.

He was suspended for 6 weeks by the commission. Thought it was short myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Maybe he and ufc want to burn through his remaining fights on contract quick enough. He is suing them also isn't he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

Anyone who has been around irish MMA for a while will know about John Micheal Shiel he had a recent fight cancelled due to a heart issue and now needs some major surgery just sharing this so people can donate whatever they are willing and able. Was not sure where to post this.

https://www.gofundme.com/3jitu8g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone who has been around irish MMA for a while will know about John Micheal Shiel he had a recent fight cancelled due to a heart issue and now needs some major surgery just sharing this so people can donate whatever they are willing and able. Was not sure where to post this.

Bad news for JMS but lucky it was found in time. hope he can recover to teach on. That's what put paid to Dan Hardy's career.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

I hope this doesn't count as spamming. Could anyone with a fightclub account give me the presale code today for ufc211 tickets? Appreciate any help on this.

SHANAbert wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't count as spamming. Could anyone with a fightclub account give me the presale code today for ufc211 tickets? Appreciate any help on this.

Nobody will be giving away their code, its the same code for every event.

Nobody will be giving away their code, its the same code for every event.

I did not know that thanks for clearing that up. Always assumed it was randomly generated. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I wouldn't assume nobody will give it, some very charitable people on boards mma, I have been given codes more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Today I handled Artem Lobov's package.* I have also in the past handled the package of Conor McGregor, Paddy Holohan, Dylan Tuke and John Kavanagh.

*Disclaimer: I work for a delivery company loading vans and the SBG Concorde is on my route. That's my very limited claim to fame.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I wouldn't assume nobody will give it, some very charitable people on boards mma, I have been given codes more than once.
    I haven't posted on boards UFC forums before so wouldn't expect blind trust. There will be a code tomorrow in the UFC newsletter and looks like plenty of affordable tickets left anyway.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I haven't posted on boards UFC forums before so wouldn't expect blind trust. There will be a code tomorrow in the UFC newsletter and looks like plenty of affordable tickets left anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

I dont see this selling out you should be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aoki vs Tonon in a grappling match booked for a ONE event. That should be epic!

Apparently, the below posters are 'fire', more like they should be set on fire. Zero effort. On a plus, gwan the Hammer!!!

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/844673068656033793

Would hope McGregor or Kavanagh would share this to their masses of followers on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

BJ v Siver.

Don't want to see BJ get beat up anymore but if he's going to keep fighting, he should be fighting this level/age opponent.

Siver to get injured six weeks out and be replaced with someone in the top 7/8 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Would hope McGregor or Kavanagh would share this to their masses of followers on social media.

Or just give the chap the 8k annonomously

• Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

another mauling for bj
    hendo may have fought for far too long but was usually competitive, sadly it's
    been the opposite for bj...needs to stop

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Or just give the chap the 8k annonomously

True especially seen as its a team mate, flashing around in 15k mink coats surely a few grand wouldnt be asking much for a team mates heart condition (he may donate anonymously to be fair)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Siver by spinning back kick hopefully, I love those

2v9x0l4.gif

LameSafeBluebottle.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That top one, if i'm not mistaken, was at UFC 93 in Dublin v Nate Mohr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

edit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 BigBulldog

Can anyone remember the book luke rockhold was reading on the plane to his fight with Chris weidman. It was a self help book. Can't find the picture or thread. Anyone able to help. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement