Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

BigBulldog wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the book luke rockhold was reading on the plane to his fight with Chris weidman. It was a self help book. Can't find the picture or thread. Anyone able to help. Thanks

"How to fully realise your innermost prick" by Luke Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

How to be a smug geebag

L.Rockhold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

BigBulldog wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the book luke rockhold was reading on the plane to his fight with Chris weidman. It was a self help book. Can't find the picture or thread. Anyone able to help. Thanks

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen. https://www.amazon.com/Change-Your-Brain-Life-Obsessiveness/dp/0812929985 It's a self-help book for anxiety, depression and impulsiveness.

Not being funny but Youtube does have a pause button you can hit on Embedded episodes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Justin Gaethje now a free agent, hopefully signs with the ufc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The reem vs werdum looks set for ufc 213

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wanted to see Werdum vs Rockhold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen. https://www.amazon.com/Change-Your-Brain-Life-Obsessiveness/dp/0812929985 It's a self-help book for anxiety, depression and impulsiveness.

Not being funny but Youtube does have a pause button you can hit on Embedded episodes :pac:

Says the man that can't stop himself being offended at john kavanaghs tweets!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whoever runs their twitter is far too easily impressed. The posters have been shiiiiiiiite for ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Some 15 year old must be putting these together and running their social media they love an emoji.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JDS looks a render from a video game, sorta looks like Niko from GTA IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Looks like someone got carried away with instagram filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whoever runs their twitter is far too easily impressed. The posters have been shiiiiiiiite for ages.

I'm not on twitter but do people not respond to these posters and say they're shjte?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

They should just fire whoever is making them currently and contract them out to BossLogic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm not on twitter but do people not respond to these posters and say they're shjte?

That is disgraceful. Like a pirated dvd photocopy of an already photocopied cover.

That Bosslogic fella makes much better posters.

For every sh1te ufc poster released, everyone shares his poster (fighters as well sometimes) so ufc get his poster for free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Joanna v Andrade :eek:

f--- sake like was there text limits on that garbage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

For them it's all about brand recognition. All the posters look the same, all the fight kits are the same, even the promos they cut are totally formulaic. WME/IMG have squeezed whatever soul and individuality the company had before the takeover out now, and the UFC is very clearly run by a committee of bean counters and talent agents.

I actually hope the Bellator PPV does really well, the UFC need a firm reminder that if their product doesn't innovate anymore people will look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Joanna v Andrade :eek:

f--- sake like was there text limits on that garbage too.

UFC a while ago decided fans weren't able to learn how to pronounce her surname and changed her name to Joanna Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Django99 wrote: »
    UFC a while ago decided fans weren't able to learn how to pronounce her surname and changed her name to Joanna Champion.
    No that was reddit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Beersmith wrote: »
    Says the man that can't stop himself being offended at john kavanaghs tweets!

Sheesh what is it attack me week :pac: I went to the trouble of finding the title of the book for him, I'm just saying he could have paused it and done it himself :rolleyes:

Incidentally I'm not offended by his Tweets! I do think his incessant snarky digs at "snowflakes", "virtue signalers" (again today!), Islam and anybody ideologically left-of-center is eventually going to get him into hassle, bringing politics into sport is never a good plan.

If he spent even 5% of that time trying to tell James Gallagher to just.....STOP......That'd be tremendous.

SMH .....

https://twitter.com/StrabanimalMMA/status/847130145878106112

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Sheesh what is it attack me week :pac: I went to the trouble of finding the title of the book for him, I'm just saying he could have paused it and done it himself :rolleyes:

Incidentally I'm not offended by his Tweets! I do think his incessant snarky digs at "snowflakes", "virtue signalers" (again today!), Islam and anybody ideologically left-of-center is eventually going to get him into hassle, bringing politics into sport is never a good plan.

If he spent even 5% of that time trying to tell James Gallagher to just.....STOP......That'd be tremendous.

SMH .....

https://twitter.com/StrabanimalMMA/status/847130145878106112

But he's not really trying to bring politics into sport is he? tha man has a personal life and a proffessional life and I havent seen any evidence of him blending the two...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Not a huge fan of twitter, what does he be tweeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

What was the tweet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think he tweeted to Ariel Helwani that he "owned Madison Square Garden".

I'm in the same boat as others. I'm looking forward to him getting the head slapped off him. Beat an absolute can in Belfast last time out and starts making title belt signs.

Never a huge fan of Conor's mouth, but (1)he tends to be bloody funny and (2)he backed it up against the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AMC1991

Gamebred wrote: »
    Some 15 year old must be putting these together and running their social media they love an emoji.

One of the worst decisions WME-IMG have made was firing Shanda Maloney, their social media platforms have been woeful since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

AMC1991 wrote: »
    One of the worst decisions WME-IMG have made was firing Shanda Maloney, their social media platforms have been woeful since.

I think tbh the worst decision was buying the ufc in the first place, have no idea how to run it by the looks of things, setting the legitimacy of the sport back years in favour of moneygrabbing...I miss the fertitas :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gamb!t wrote: »
    What was the tweet ?
    Coach Kavanagh‏Verified account @John_Kavanagh Mar 29
    More
    1000s laughing tonight at @rickygervais jokes about virtue signalling 'offense taking' twats on social media gives me hope its just a phase

I'm not seeing a problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AMC1991

Depp wrote: »
    I think tbh the worst decision was buying the ufc in the first place, have no idea how to run it by the looks of things, setting the legitimacy of the sport back years in favour of moneygrabbing...I miss the fertitas :/

Agreed, Lorenzo was ingrained into all aspects of the UFC and really was the driving force behind the scenes, Ari and Patrick have basically filled his role and so far their actions and the direction they seem to be taken the UFC isn't looking promising.

If you look at PBR, which was also acquired by WME-IMG, senior management changes were made after the acquisition but it was internal staff appointments. I think this should've been done at the UFC, someone like Eric Winter should've replaced Lorenzo as CEO, an individual who's overseen the growth of Fight Pass, understands the UFC's culture, seemed to be respected by the UFC staff and most importantly he's a MMA fan.

Reading over on sherdog that cormier is out of UFC 210 due to injury.

edit: Its an April fools hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Reading over on sherdog that cormier is out of UFC 210 due to injury.

edit: Its an April fools hahaha

LOT u basta...etc etc

Really looking forward to the co-main, besides the obvious headliner the card sucks the following weeks Fox card is better on paper overall in comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement