Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'd defend him even if he wasn't, he's a nice enough lad :)

Besides, I don't like everyone down there :pac:

Can you tell the guys in sbg who have tatoos like conor, start talking like conor and have the exact hair cut and beard as conor to be themselves everyone else is taken :D Saw one lad on instagram there that needs to see a psychologist he is imitating Conor so closely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Can you tell the guys in sbg who have tatoos like conor, start talking like conor and have the exact hair cut and beard as conor to be themselves everyone else is taken :D Saw one lad on instagram there that needs to see a psychologist he is imitating Conor so closely.

More than one of them, they are comedy gold, live and let live I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »

Wondering who this is now. But I still don't know who half the guys are in SBG.
    Including the lads who post here. :p

Trained with one lad at Christmas. Nogi grappling, working on leg locks.
    No idea who he was, I was just there to get some rolling in on holodays.
    Just seen him pop up in Nashville :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Besides, I don't like everyone down there :pac:

2eaugpu.jpg

TJ sparing with Lomachenko. I imagine this will become a clickbaity Conor/Mayweather reference online soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTW8lk2hVzi

• Advertisement

Big John revealed DC weighed 236lbs on fight night against Rumble. He was discussing weight cutting and revealed it.

I've a hard time believing DC was within the new guidelines on the Tuesday of that week, 8% of the targeted weight would be 221.4lbs.

Guidelines with no penalties are a load of waffle anyway.

Big John revealed DC weighed 236lbs on fight night against Rumble. He was discussing weight cutting and revealed it.

I've a hard time believing DC was within the new guidelines on the Tuesday of that week, 8% of the targeted weight would be 221.4lbs.

Guidelines with no penalties are a load of waffle anyway.
    It's a guideline for fighters health. If a fighter misses doctors keep a closer eye on him.
    It's not a weight cutting limit from a fairness/sporting point of point of view. I don't think a penalty makes sense.

He probably would have started his weight cut on the previous Saturday. Tuesday night is more than halfway, he would have been past 221 at that point imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    TJ sparing with Lomachenko. I imagine this will become a clickbaity Conor/Mayweather reference online soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTW8lk2hVzi

Some training partner to have.

It's a guideline for fighters health. If a fighter misses doctors keep a closer eye on him.
    It's not a weight cutting limit from a fairness/sporting point of point of view. I don't think a penalty makes sense.

He probably would have started his weight cut on the previous Saturday. Tuesday night is more than halfway, he would have been past 221 at that point imo.

Possibly. Still think they should tighten to if you're not within 8% on the Tuesday you ain't fighting on Saturday. It might just prompt fighters to take another look at what weight class they're picking... wishful thinking I suppose.

It's only 8% because it doesn't actually affect the fight going ahead. 8% is a nice ideal, but its not much of a buffer the lower weight classes.

If they were going to have a limit where the fight could be called off. It wouldn't be 8%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Wondering who this is now. But I still don't know who half the guys are in SBG.
    Including the lads who post here. :p

Trained with one lad at Christmas. Nogi grappling, working on leg locks.
    No idea who he was, I was just there to get some rolling in on holodays.
    Just seen him pop up in Nashville :o

That'd be Smullen, resident leg locker and pro MMA fighter. Absolute animal.

Richy06 wrote: »
    That'd be Smullen, resident leg locker and pro MMA fighter. Absolute animal.
    That's the one. Was a good session. Did a very different straight footlocker to my own. Always good to add details.
    Your belt was there, bit the rest of you wasn't around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

I see Glory 40 is free on fightpass this weekend. Never really watched kickboxing before so I'm curious

That's the one. Was a good session. Did a very different straight footlocker to my own. Always good to add details.
    Your belt was there, bit the rest of you wasn't around :pac:

My belt? Well it was Christmas time, no need of belts around then! ;-)
    Although....I don't know how you'd know it was my belt, I don't have one with my name on. Also, there are several Richy/ies. ;-)

My belt? Well it was Christmas time, no need of belts around then! ;-)
    Although....I don't know how you'd know it was my belt, I don't have one with my name on. Also, there are several Richy/ies. ;-)
    Maybe I'm mixing you up with one of the others. But I thought it said Richy C...
    In my defensive I was hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

2eaugpu.jpg
    It's true, especially that Richy C fella.
    Complete bollox, with his Cork Jesus head :pac:

@Mellor, we got shown those leg locks.. Jaysus.

Maybe I'm mixing you up with one of the others. But I thought it said Richy C...
    In my defensive I was hungover.

That's Smullen's belt. He has his name on it.

John just gave me a regular aul one, because Smullen is the cool one. :P

That's Smullen's belt. He has his name on it.

John just gave me a regular aul one, because Smullen is the cool one. :P

That's what you think.

It's actually due to his personal alt-right, anti-religious views due to you having a trace speck of Jewish blood in your Cork bloodlines. :pac:

Anyway who cares about belts you have your photo on the wall! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Rumors of Nick Diaz v Woodley. Woodley saying he fights in july. Title fights have been a joke lately but this would be the worst of the lot.

I like nick but the man hasnt won a fight in 6 years

He's on the piss every night has no interest in fighting sadly, although still in shape its not fight shape.

• Advertisement

I'd watch Nick Diaz v CM Punk at this stage just to see Nick back.

Woodley would destroy him though.

An in shape Nick Diaz, Woodley isnt destroying him not a hope, cant be finished, would try hump his way to victory could see Nick making him gas if he showed up on form, all irrelevant anyways as it wont happen.

Gamebred wrote: »
    An in shape Nick Diaz, Woodley isnt destroying him not a hope, cant be finished, would try hump his way to victory could see Nick making him gas if he showed up on form, all irrelevant anyways as it wont happen.

The only other option for that timeframe then would be Conor and I cant see that happening

Gamebred wrote: »
    He'd smother Woodley I'd say. Well able to take a punch and not afraid of him on the ground. Be an interesting match all the same

Nick hasn't won a fight in 6 years you're all underestimating ring-rust and ageing! He's not getting any younger and even the best chins deteriorate from war after war.

Let's not forget Nate, another Diaz in wars, was dropped 3 times by Conor despite his supposedly granite chin.

When Woodley lands that bomb of an overhand right, Nick is hitting the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Has Nick ever taken a bomb as big as Woodleys and survived before?

Who realistically is available to fight Woodley other than Nick? from the murmurs it sounds like a big fight so unless it's Conor...

Nick hasn't won a fight in 6 years you're all underestimating ring-rust and ageing! He's not getting any younger and even the best chins deteriorate from war after war.

Let's not forget Nate, another Diaz in wars, was dropped 3 times by Conor despite his supposedly granite chin.

When Woodley lands that bomb of an overhand right, Nick is hitting the canvas.
    Big difference between dropped and finished.
    Nicks been dropped a good few times in other fights, it's getting him or Nate to stay down where the problem lies.

It would easily surpass Hendo as the most undeserved title shot of all time

Big difference between dropped and finished.
    Nicks been dropped a good few times in other fights, it's getting him or Nate to stay down where the problem lies.

True but Nate wasn't dropped once by punches in his entire career other than by Josh Thomson and, to be fair, you'd have to strongly argue it was the shin to the face that dropped him, not the right hook afterwards.

I know Conor hits like a truck but even still he dropped him clean 3 times.

Robbie Lawler had a good chin too but after so many wars and getting older it has clearly deteriorated enough to the point Woodley sparked him cold first time he landed.

I might be wrong but I think you'll all be very surprised how bad Nick performs in his next fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

It would easily surpass Hendo as the most undeserved title shot of all time

Woodley campaigned for diaz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement