Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

Django99 wrote: »
    Going by MMA Fightings Twitter account he is on the mother of all rants. Been going half an hour or more at this stage by the looks of it.

EPIC rant.
    He's pure gold; might be half mad but he does know what's what underneath it all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Main point was about Conor and Ferguson having the same manager, which is a conflict of interest ect and says the manager is trying to get Nate to do Conors dirty work in the division, hard to disagree really I would be happy if I was Conor or Tony and having the same manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

All the media outlets are misquoting him as well. They asked him to fight Tony he said sure, lets talk, he got the contract he replies with his conditions, they rejected the conditions, he didn't reject the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Nate is a class act.

"what you think youre gonna catch me in a Gucci suit because I got paid? That Gucci suit money goes in my mom's pocket"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    Main point was about Conor and Ferguson having the same manager, which is a conflict of interest ect and says the manager is trying to get Nate to do Conors dirty work in the division, hard to disagree really I would be happy if I was Conor or Tony and having the same manager.

I don't really understand the conflict of interest angle. It might in theory help Tony get a fight with Conor but I doubt it.

Either way it's nothing new and I didn't hear Nate complaining that RDA and Khabib are both managed by Ali Abdelaziz when RDA was champ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Strange hes in camp and nothing announced tbh
    Not strange at all really.
    Fighters start camp maybe 12 weeks out.
    Fights are announced closer than that.

At the very least, fighters find out about the fight a while before it's announced. The difference between the two results in the above.
    Didn't Woodley say he's fighting in July. That's too soon. It would work if it's a quick fight and the winner takes no damage but you really wouldn't set up a big main event based on that.
    Going on the precedent. Maia winning while taking no damage is the likely outcome.

I don't really understand the conflict of interest angle. It might in theory help Tony get a fight with Conor but I doubt it.
    It's pretty simple. He's saying Conor would rather face Nate for the LW title, than Tony. So the manager is using Nate to eliminate Tony.
    Of course, you could just as easily say Conor doesn't want to fight Nate, so they are using Tony to eliminate Nate. Which contradictsout the above.
    Same could be said with Tony v Khabib, both ways.
    Either way it's nothing new and I didn't hear Nate complaining that RDA and Khabib are both managed by Ali Abdelaziz when RDA was champ.
    Wasn't Khabib out injured while RDA was champ?
    TBF, at that stage people weren't asking Nate what he though about either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

213 stacking up

lawler vs cowboy
    pettis vs jim miller

and talks of nunnes vs shevchenko

Great to see nunnes getting the big card again. Really looking forward to that fight

dashoonage wrote: »
    213 stacking up

lawler vs cowboy
    pettis vs jim miller

Great to see nunnes getting the big card again. Really looking forward to that fight
    Can't stand Nunes. I hope Shevchenko beats her but I doubt it. I miss champ Miesha :(

Can't stand Nunes. I hope Shevchenko beats her but I doubt it. I miss champ Miesha :(

champ Miesha was around for a good while all right :D

• Advertisement

champ Miesha was around for a good while all right :D

:(

I like Amanda for a few reasons...The girl can throw down...she seems to give zero ****s about the media/lifestyle aspect of it and just likes to fight...she has cool dogs...and from the embedded videos seems like a genuinely likable happy person.

women 125lbs division.......again...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-954odWAAAF7g6.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

About time, would love to see Joanna vs Shevchenko

A 125 division makes sense.
    20lbs is a huge jump for women. A lot of BWs are too small for 135, but too big for 115.
    145 never had enough female fighters to make it viable. Everyone except cyborg were simply 135 who didn't cut weight.

The down side is that there aren't UFC standard 125er struggling tinge signed. A 3rd division means the existing women just get spread thinner

xtal191 wrote: »
    About time, would love to see Joanna vs Shevchenko

mmmm well fed Joanna .......

CNN got the first look at the new UFC HQ - pretty slick. Have to imagine they will try persuade fighters to move to Vegas and/or do the end of fight camp there after shelling out so much money on this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

213 stacking up

lawler vs cowboy
    pettis vs jim miller

as well as Cody v TJ. and seems they were aiming to have Nate v Tony on the card. I hope Nate and the UFC can get something agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

as well as Cody v TJ. and seems they were aiming to have Nate v Tony on the card. I hope Nate and the UFC can get something agreed.

Werdum vs The Reem also confirmed for 213

https://twitter.com/GeorgesStPierre/status/860561920784556033

Any chance of them scrapping this whole ****show?

• Advertisement

Let Romero Bang!!!!!

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GeorgesStPierre/status/860561920784556033

Any chance of them scrapping this whole ****show?

October :eek::eek: Screw that! He can fight winner of Romero v Bisping hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

October?
    Feck off. Let Bisping defend his belt this summer and let the winner worry about GSP.

This is total bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He needs time to lose the alien belly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Gsp, when it comes to hyping a fight I am not impressed by your performance

Stupid carry on remember they had a press conference and all there months ago for a fight that will be around Christmas time, UFC are taking the piss Bisping got his gimme fight make him fight Romero winner gets GSP, hope it makes them **** all money if they go ahead with this.

Gegard Mousasi on Ronda:

"It's stupid to call her the best fighter of all time. She's a good fighter but she can't kick or punch so she's not the best ever. It would be like Serena Williams without a backhand."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

What right does gsp think he has to come back after so many years away to an immediate title shot.

And then to think he can hold up the division for a year so he can get ready.

It's pure madness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Blame the UFC not GSP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They announced the fight way to early and it could kill it. They knew there was a major lull this year in big PPV's and needed something to parade around at UFC 209 to keep the buzz going. It's a joke really but I'm not gonna judge Bisping for taking a money fight before he retires or GSP for challenging himself. Sadly it's just the direction Zuffa are going. There should be an interim strap for the other contenders though, Bisping will probably end up being on the shelf as long as McGregor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement