Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

McG's last fight was in Nov 16, Bisping's was Oct 16 so yeah it could well end up that Bisping is out longer than McG.

I think the UFC are doing on of their big press conferences this week were they get all the fighters for the Summer schedule together on stage at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lukker- wrote: »
    They announced the fight way to early and it could kill it. They knew there was a major lull this year in big PPV's and needed something to parade around at UFC 209 to keep the buzz going. It's a joke really but I'm not gonna judge Bisping for taking a money fight before he retires or GSP for challenging himself. Sadly it's just the direction Zuffa are going. There should be an interim strap for the other contenders though, Bisping will probably end up being on the shelf as long as McGregor

Yer spot on absolute boob by the UFC can't blame the fighters as others have said including you, State of mr Canada in a Captain America get up!!

God damn it Rockhold, why did you put us in this position :( If he just took Bisping serious he would have won that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

State of mr Canada in a Captain America get up!!

The fact he was actually in Captain America makes it slightly more tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Didn't know that, then again can't hack those Marvel films I take it it's some other instalment as I happened to see the first one...rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Interview with Cian Cowley ahead of his BAMMA fight, discussing his training camp, being part of Conor's camps and his future.

Quotes:

"I'm following Conor's blueprint, going outside my comfort zone" (in going to Iceland for camp, comparing it to Conor's path to the Buchinger fight).

"I'll go over and burst you now if you keep it up" (shouting at some little kid annoying him).

"I know for a fact I'm going to do big numbers next Friday. I know there's a UFC on as well but I guarantee I'll blow those numbers out of the water."

"I already have a good fan base but I'm one nice performance from going viral. I know I'm a marketable cu*t. I've all the attributes to go to the UFC within 3 or 4 fights".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He is absolutely insufferable. I don't even care enough to watch him fight in the hope he gets KO'ed (he'll probably win this one in fairness though), he isn't anywhere close to the level of fame he thinks he's already at. At least the two McGregor Lites can be funny to listen to with some of the nonsense they come out with, this lad is just as dull as dishwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yer spot on absolute boob by the UFC can't blame the fighters as others have said including you, State of mr Canada in a Captain America get up!!

And those Marvel rashies are made my Under Armour, who sponsor GSP.

• Advertisement

Just read that TJ Dillashaw was tested 4 times by USADA last week. Only others to get that kind of treatment were Lesnar and Gadelha. In fairness, there might have been an error in collecting the first two samples (blood and urine collected at the same time, so both could potentially have been taken incorrectly leading to a retest) but it's highly unusual either way.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just read that TJ Dillashaw was tested 4 times by USADA last week. Only others to get that kind of treatment were Lesnar and Gadelha. In fairness, there might have been an error in collecting the first two samples (blood and urine collected at the same time, so both could potentially have been taken incorrectly leading to a retest) but it's highly unusual either way.

Ah here, that's just taking the piss

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Completely delusional Cowley is, a good regional muay thai fighter now hes McGregor the 2nd pmsl, lives in killiney driving a bmw and goes on like hes living on scraps in the slums, like to see people following their dreams so best of luck to him he'll need it.

In the build up to UFC189, McGregor was tested multiple times in the one week too.
    If each visit is two tests, then I would think 4 tests a week is all that rare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I see no issue with being tested 4 times in a week. STFU and do your job. Keep bitching at USADA and you will be tested 8 times next week.

Mellor wrote: »
    In the build up to UFC189, McGregor was tested multiple times in the one week too.
    If each visit is two tests, then I would think 4 tests a week is all that rare

Well considering only two fighters, Brock Lesnar and Claudia Gadelha, have been tested four times in a week before (allegedly), it is indeed quite rare.

Just looking at Conor's USADA history, he was tested twice around the time of UFC 189, so more than likely just one visit unless things were done differently at that point. He was tested six times between then and the end of the year, and its common knowledge the USADA programme really ramped up around October of that year, so he might've been tested three separate weeks leading up to the Aldo fight.

I'm only pointing out what I've read, I too would've thought others would've been tested a number of times in a week, but apparently that isn't the case. The fact that Lesnar is one of those that have gotten that sort of treatment suggests they don't do it on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Jesus that was painful to watch.
    Needs to develop an actual personality if he wants to expand his fan base and grab the UFC's interest.

C_RpSD-VYAArsBO.jpg

The hack of this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What a terrible poster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That has to be the most stupid fucuking poster the UFC has done to date

• Advertisement

Who signs off on this ****, I'd be furious if I was Max, awful AWFUL poster!

Suppose Holloway just has to turn it upside down lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads has the msg card for this year been confirmed for 3/4 nov?

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads has the msg card for this year been confirmed for 3/4 nov?

Rumors of about then alright, GSP posted at some NY rangers game there, caption was something like one day I might fight here.

Prob GSP Bisping headline that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Who signs off on this ****

It's very UFC circa 2017.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well considering only two fighters, Brock Lesnar and Claudia Gadelha, have been tested four times in a week before (allegedly), it is indeed quite rare.

Just looking at Conor's USADA history, he was tested twice around the time of UFC 189, so more than likely just one visit unless things were done differently at that point. He was tested six times between then and the end of the year, and its common knowledge the USADA programme really ramped up around October of that year, so he might've been tested three separate weeks leading up to the Aldo fight.

I'm only pointing out what I've read, I too would've thought others would've been tested a number of times in a week, but apparently that isn't the case. The fact that Lesnar is one of those that have gotten that sort of treatment suggests they don't do it on a whim.

Conor, Mendes and Lawlor were all tested by Nevada as well as USADA in the built up to 189.

Nick Diaz was tested 6 times on fight night when he fought Silva, between USADA and Nevada

Ah Lads! Who is in charge of making these freaking posters haha

Are they hiring High School kids to do this sh!t?

It's it supposed to look like a playing card. Or was that just a weird accident?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mellor wrote: »
    It's it supposed to look like a playing card. Or was that just a weird accident?

It looks like Joe Rogan did the poster up himself while stoned.

For the life of me I can't work out why the UFC don't bite the bullet and hire BossLogic and Dosbrak. They're both amazingly talented and big MMA fans. It'd make all the sense in the world and there'd be epic fight posters and fight art.

I know WME are all for cut-backs but how much would it cost them really in the grand scheme of things to hire one or two wizards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement