Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Interview with Cian Cowley ahead of his BAMMA fight, discussing his training camp, being part of Conor's camps and his future.

Quotes:

"I'm following Conor's blueprint, going outside my comfort zone" (in going to Iceland for camp, comparing it to Conor's path to the Buchinger fight).

"I'll go over and burst you now if you keep it up" (shouting at some little kid annoying him).

"I know for a fact I'm going to do big numbers next Friday. I know there's a UFC on as well but I guarantee I'll blow those numbers out of the water."

"I already have a good fan base but I'm one nice performance from going viral. I know I'm a marketable cu*t. I've all the attributes to go to the UFC within 3 or 4 fights".

He's talking strength from the All Ireland Club Hurling Champions home ground

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It looks like Joe Rogan did the poster up himself while stoned.

For the life of me I can't work out why the UFC don't bite the bullet and hire BossLogic and Dosbrak. They're both amazingly talented and big MMA fans. It'd make all the sense in the world and there'd be epic fight posters and fight art.

I know WME are all for cut-backs but how much would it cost them really in the grand scheme of things to hire one or two wizards?

It would cost them relatively little but how much would it actually benefit from them? How many people worldwide decide to buy a PPV of a ticket off the back of a poster? Storm in a teacup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Interview with Cian Cowley ahead of his BAMMA fight, discussing his training camp, being part of Conor's camps and his future.

Quotes:

"I'm following Conor's blueprint, going outside my comfort zone" (in going to Iceland for camp, comparing it to Conor's path to the Buchinger fight).

"I'll go over and burst you now if you keep it up" (shouting at some little kid annoying him).

"I know for a fact I'm going to do big numbers next Friday. I know there's a UFC on as well but I guarantee I'll blow those numbers out of the water."

"I already have a good fan base but I'm one nice performance from going viral. I know I'm a marketable cu*t. I've all the attributes to go to the UFC within 3 or 4 fights".

Jasus this fella is very delusional.

Team SBG are becoming highly unlikable. Full of egotistical nobodies trying to copy Mcgregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It would cost them relatively little but how much would it actually benefit from them? How many people worldwide decide to buy a PPV of a ticket off the back of a poster? Storm in a teacup.

I dunno, I just think bad marketing cheapens the brand.

I dunno, I just think bad marketing cheapens the brand.

Possibly. I think there's plenty of other stuff that's a much greater risk to the brand than some sloppy posters though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Gamebred wrote: »
    C_RpSD-VYAArsBO.jpg

The hack of this.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I've no idea what the cost-benefit ratio is or what correlation a poster has to PPV buys (if any). It'd be interesting to look into.

All I know is the Official Posters are looking more and more like someone chucked it together on the bus to work while BossLogic's posters look like someone actually put effort into it.

33tmaeg.jpg

2upcuhy.jpg

When the quality of the poster and promotional material sucks AND the fight card ultimately sucks, the posters and promotional material just become symptomatic of a feeling of general malaise in the overall product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Imo and from how i view it

Boss logic posters make you look at it and the detail he puts in and is the sort of thing you would share/tag friends in.

Ufc is a bland one size fits all sh^tshow that you only look at twice to marvel at how poor it is for a billion dollar company. I have never used photoshop ar anything and i could have made a better poster.

I think ufc is trolling and know someone will make better posters for free.

That latest one seems like someone had a good idea and its gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dashoonage wrote:
    Parke to retire after Poland

No real loss always found him dislikeable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

An mma retirement, sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Artem vs Korean Superboy anyone? Choi is down, would be nice to see Artem get another big fight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT3kaQpDGPP/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Would watch that anyway itd be a good scrap. Also Parkes not the worst in real life lads, ticket touting **** but hes sound

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    Parke is a gentleman.

I know people just hate him because he was touting tickets on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's not just the touting, he just always came across as having zero personality but trying too hard to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I don't hold it against him that he didn't have the personality, but his attempts at being charismatic definitely made him seem obnoxious.

Much like people are finding Gallagher obnoxious for trying to force a persona that isn't natural.

The difference with McGregor is that he does seem naturally charismatic and the crap he talks is sufficiently tongue in cheek that it's funny.

125 division officially annouced, TUF will crown the winner. Women who feel they are under or oversized for current weight classes in the ufc already can compete.

Just another weak belt to prop up PPVs with weak headliners, and to put title fights on Fight Nights.

True there are some girls who are small at 135 but can't make 115, but some of the women's divisions are paper thin at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    125 division officially annouced, TUF will crown the winner. Women who feel they are under or oversized for current weight classes in the ufc already can compete.

I'm well happy with this, should get the best of BW and SW. They really should scrap the FW with this introduction. Looking forward to that season of TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Makes much more sense than a fw division

Serry added to the Glasgow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Serry added to the Glasgow card.

is that his retirement fight ?

Yep, depending on main event I'll probably go see it, falls on a sunday should be a cheap trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I agree, back in the day any interactions I had with him at shows and **** was always sound

• Registered Users Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No direct flights from Cork or Shannon to Glasgow on the Saturday (day before the UFC) is some load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If Glasgow card was on Sat would've suited my schedule but I'll have to give it a miss.

Eyeballing the Gdansk event, the last Polish card was a stinker on paper though (And sadly played out as much).

callaway92 wrote: »
    No direct flights from Cork or Shannon to Glasgow on the Saturday (day before the UFC) is some load of balls.

Dublin is hardly overly inconvenient these days.

• Advertisement

Yep, depending on main event I'll probably go see it, falls on a sunday should be a cheap trip.

Flights are around 30 return which is **** all,gonna head over saturday back monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement