Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Cowley? Yeah he's 0-1 as pro and 3-1 as amateur.

His 3 amateur wins were IMMAF events against relative beginners.

Not going to kick the guy while he's down so I hope he goes back to the gym and works on his jiujitsu.

Yeah. I agree this is a setback and in the short term a huge setback as he will see it but if he gets to the big show nobody will give a fiddlers fart about that blemish as i think people perceive any form outside the UFC to be spurious.
    John Kavanagh wouldnt say the stuff hes heralded about Cowley without reason. Id look forward to his comeback and plot to build it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wonderfullife and Gamebred are remarkable contributors to the forum it must be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

What about Artem scandalously getting his fight against Swanson in the first place?! Completely unmerited and the fact he did reasonably well and better than expected doesn't change that.

You're making a big issue out of the rankings. They wanted Wonderboy for Gunni? So ****. Thompson has just fought twice for the title in two close scraps. Gunni is ranked 9th. They don't need any ulterior motives not to make that fight.

That was my point though in a roundabout way.

Sean Shelby literally just granted Artem the Cub Swanson fight after a social media campaign by Artem/John for the fight.

Artem then loses and initiates another campaign for the Doo Ho Choi fight.

I thought the timing of the announcement on the Doo Ho Choi - Andre Fili fight was more of a "I'm the matchmaker here not you lads. Pipe down".

Ok it's a bit of a conspiracy theory. I don't float many conspiracy theories on here but it would tie in with what many fighters have said about Sean. He's amenable and quiet in public but fairly ruthless and vindictive behind the scenes. Sort of like Joe Silva was to be fair.

I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together to reach 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

That was my point though in a roundabout way.

Sean Shelby literally just granted Artem the Cub Swanson fight after a social media campaign by Artem/John for the fight.

Artem then loses and initiates another campaign for the Doo Ho Choi fight.

I thought the timing of the announcement on the Doo Ho Choi - Andre Fili fight was more of a "I'm the matchmaker here not you lads. Pipe down".

Ok it's a bit of a conspiracy theory. I don't float many conspiracy theories on here but it would tie in with what many fighters have said about Sean. He's amenable and quiet in public but fairly ruthless and vindictive behind the scenes. Sort of like Joe Silva was to be fair.

I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together to reach 37.

Did artem only get swanson as swanson wife was due baby and he had a certain time he could fight and it came together. Right place right time.

Did artem only get swanson as swanson wife was due baby and he had a certain time he could fight and it came together. Right place right time.

Yeah he wanted one last fight before the baby but asked for a different opponent when they offered him Artem. They came back and said take it or leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Yeah he wanted one last fight before the baby but asked for a different opponent when they offered him Artem. They came back and said take it or leave it.

I think your conspiracy is due to your sbg centric view of mma.

Artem didnt deserve a shot at swanson. The fact the timing worked for him so he can call out who he wants but i doubt it registers with anyone except his own fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cligy

Gastelum Vs. Weidman? Fair play to Chris for taking that! I'm not his biggest fan but that's a risky fight to take

I think your conspiracy is due to your sbg centric view of mma.

Artem didnt deserve a shot at swanson. The fact the timing worked for him so he can call out who he wants but i doubt it registers with anyone except his own fans.

I do tend to overly focus on SBG and Irish MMA to be fair. Good points.

Yeah especially over 5rds if its main event, he needs a win big and Kelvin aint the guy who will roll over not into tune up fights but Weidman needs a gimme fight badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Johnson vs. Gaethje announced officially now, that's a deadly looking fight.

Strangely still looking forward to DC Jones after all this ****, ''this junkie whooped your ass'' haha classic from Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cligy

After their last fight was cancelled DC said Jon Jones was making him an ugly person. This will definitely help sell their ppv but man it's sad that's it's so real. Why can't DC see that Jon loves this so he only helps that when he reacts?

Oh ****! Chiesa and Lee nearly had a knock

Now that's how you sell a fight, go on Mike! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Don't mention the mommas!! :pac::pac:

Scripted probably.

Lovely overhand right from Lee, connected flush

Gamebred wrote: »
    Scripted probably.

They're not gonna script a lawsuit!

Kevin Lee just connected clean with that right hand, if he KO's him at a presser you're talking lawsuits.

DC still walking into the butt of Jon Jones' jokes. When will he learn? :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wtf is with the UFC and trying to treat every single injury with stem cells

C_qLI9VU0AAKG-c.jpg

Kevin Lee is some mongo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Shevchenko doesn't seem too pushed about it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Man, Kevin Lee landed that right hook :eek:

Brilliant entertainment. :pac:

C_qNIUnVYAACK1l.jpg

Nice fine for Nunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    C_qNIUnVYAACK1l.jpg

Nice fine for Nunes.

That guy in the middle, it looks like his fist up to nunes

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That guy in the middle, it looks like his fist up to nunes

Sean Shelby, Head UFC Matchmaker and butt of my conspiracy theories lol.

Anyway, my biggest takeaway - the UFC is in dire straits when it comes to stars.

Look at who they had up there - Michael Chiesa,Michael Johnson, Kevin Lee, Justin Gaethje,....... On top of that they wheel out Holly Holm and Chris Weidman who are what 0-6 in their last however many fights.......

Worrying stuff. They could really do with Yair and Masvidal winning this weekend. Both have potential to be a star.

• Advertisement

100% agree, the absolute state of the line up all trying pathetic schtick, Lorenzo is a genius selling up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement