Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Danis lost, SBG are a bunch of learners, there is a whole lot of learning going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Danis lost...
    No doubt the internet is rejoicing at the headline (Shields Beats Danis)
    But if you actually watch it, or are familar with ruleset. It's essentially a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mellor wrote: »
    But if you actually watch it, or are familar with ruleset. It's essentially a draw.

Yeah, I don't like the 'who can escape the quickest' way of deciding a winner.

Mellor wrote: »

I understand that it was more complicated than that I read a report on the match. I'm only having a bit of a laugh and poking fun at JK.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't like the 'who can escape the quickest' way of deciding a winner.
    For a tournament format like EBI it makes sense. But in superfights like this it makes less sense imo. Although, that said. It does force people to work, which is the point I suppose.
    But if there's no submission winner after the full time, and 3 rounds of overtime, nobody really won imo.

• Advertisement

I understand that it was more complicated than that I read a report on the match. I'm only having a bit of a laugh and poking fun at JK.
    I didn't mean you personally btw. A generic you?
    Because "if one seen the match/rules..." sounds completely wanky.

There was one lad on another forum rambling about Jake kicked his ass. I was thinking it was a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUHGSiGFMlU/
    plusmacher77: Remember when he was talking about grappling with Jon jones? �� **** off Dillon you mcnugget dick rider
    the ****ing lolez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

People praising Jake Shields, a man suspended for drug violations, who has engaged in pre-fight and post-fight thuggery, and who decided to launch hot coffee in the direction of women. Same people slating Dillon for being young, impressionable and trying to copy a persona he thinks will help sell himself (hint - it's working).

Sad stuff when people have more problem with a young fella for being completely cringey and less problem with a cheating thug who acts like a scumbag.

Incidentally Dillon came closest to finishing it with that jumping guillotine and threatened the neck far more than Jake threatened any finish.

People praising Jake Shields, a man suspended for drug violations, who has engaged in pre-fight and post-fight thuggery, and who decided to launch hot coffee in the direction of women. Same people slating Dillon for being young, impressionable and trying to copy a persona he thinks will help sell himself (hint - it's working).

Sad stuff when people have more problem with a young fella for being completely cringey and less problem with a cheating thug who acts like a scumbag.

Why was Dillon kicked out of his gym if he is such a gentleman?

Why was Dillon kicked out of his gym if he is such a gentleman?

From what I read he was booted out for a serious attitude problem with fame going to his head. Hopefully he can learn from it.

Still that's very different to using diuretics to mask steroid use, to punching Palhares after the bell (whether he deserved it or not), to throwing hot coffee in the direction of women (and bragging about it).

• Advertisement

I think the fame has gone to your head a little wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

who decided to launch hot coffee in the direction of women.

Shields threw hot (are you sure of this? It might have been quite a tepid, cooled latte) coffee "in the direction of women" about as much as McGregor threw a can of monster "in the direction of women".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

People are praising Jake Shields because he is, by all accounts, one of the nicest guys in MMA and is universally liked by pretty much everyone, especially people he's fought, and he just beat the self proclaimed best grappler in the world at his own game, who happens to be an asshat.

Shields threw hot (are you sure of this? It might have been quite a tepid, cooled latte) coffee "in the direction of women" about as much as McGregor threw a can of monster "in the direction of women".

NO!

He went to the cafe, bought a large americano without milk, microwaved it for 15 seconds to ensure it was boiling and ran back into the room and launched DIRECTLY at Orlagh and Dee's faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

NO!

He went to the cafe, bought a large americano without milk, microwaved it for 15 seconds to ensure it was boiling and ran back into the room and launched DIRECTLY at Orlagh and Dee's faces.

I wish i could thank this twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

darced wrote: »

It wont tone down anything, they will have more comebacks than Lazarus if their mouth pieces keep getting beaten, its quite pleasing tbh Gallagher for the full house.

darced wrote: »

Its some achievement by Dannis to be fair, managing to piss off the nicest guy in the world....that **** should be on his CV like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dannis seems like a ****ebag.

People dont like ****ebags, its simple.

Sbg seems to have a few of them

Dannis seems like a ****ebag.

People dont like ****ebags, its simple.

Sbg seems to have a few of them

Jeebus its not. People love mcgregor and he is king of the ****ebags....

• Advertisement

Yeah but he has the right to be the cockiest man walking the planet, these bums dont.

I believe that McGregor types a lot of Danis's social media posts, it's a sort of promotional-adviser agreement they have

I believe that McGregor types a lot of Danis's social media posts, it's a sort of promotional-adviser agreement they have

Have you heard an interview? Isnt its arse McGregor writing it the guy is living on another planet.

Well that's what I heard. McGregor has a small management stake or advisory role with Dillon via Paradigm, he literally types up or suggests a lot of Danis posts and captions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jeebus its not. People love mcgregor and he is king of the ****ebags....

Mcgregor has backed it up in a cage

Getting real tired of your constant sniping.

Conor Wallace is a boxer with almost zero reason to lie and not a "McGregor wannabe" so I'll take his word for it when he says it was "scalding hot". After all it hit him not you.
    First I was hit with a bottle of water and then a scalding cup of coffee, and my brother was there beside me. It was complete madness.

link: http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/in-conor-mcgregors-ufc-202-camp-this-20-year-old-irish-boxer-was-nate-diaz

Backed up by Kavanagh:
    I got hit by a hot coffee and it sprayed onto Orla as well. So there was never going to be anything except an emotional response to that.”

link: http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/sraftery/john-kavanagh-plays-significance-nate-diazs-supposed-psychological-victory/

Also, fun fact, Jake Shields and the Diaz boys were aiming their projectiles at women not at Conor, whereas Conor aimed his Monster cans and Water Bottles at the Diaz gang.

Further fun fact, this forum has become a toxic mixture of trolls and anti-McGregor posters who become anti-anti-McGregor posters when Conor's own fans criticise him.

There's a good dozen of you who jump to Conor's defence if someone like me criticizes him and then jump to criticize him if I praise him.

That's called being a troll.

Furthermore, my "crazy theory" about Sean Shelby deliberately giving certain fighters bad match-ups is something backed up by at least 4 fighters who have been cut from the UFC in recent years.
    they flat-out threatened him with "bad match ups" if he didn't play ball.

Current TUF fighter Ramsey Nijem ^ describing his interactions with UFC matchmakers. Whether you ask for more money or just annoy them, both Joe Silva and Sean Shelby are not to be messed with and are petty.

Nothing controversial or conspiratorial in me saying that when the likes of Nijem, Iaquinta, even RAMPAGE are on record saying that's what Silva and Shelby did.
    Silva has small man syndrome, he kept giving me wrestle-fcuks because he didn't like me

Rampage ^

Anyway, I can't be bothered putting time and energy into this forum anymore just for the likes of Eager and the rest to constantly come in and troll me and attack me personally instead of just assessing the merits of my posts.

I might have a lot of opinions on MMA but at least I love the sport. Half of you just like winding people up.

Ps. Jake Shields is a drug cheat, has been suspended (provisionally or otherwise) 3 times between UFC and WSOF for various infractions in and out of a cage, throws coffee at women, lubes himself up with vaseline to cheat, throws punches at people before and after fights and is basically not a nice person.

If he's the "one of the nicest guys in MMA by all accounts" then the sport is poisonous and reflected by some of you in here.

Ps. Jake Shields is a drug cheat, has been suspended (provisionally or otherwise) 3 times between UFC and WSOF for various infractions in and out of a cage, throws coffee at women, lubes himself up with vaseline to cheat, throws punches at people before and after fights and is basically not a nice person.

If he's the "one of the nicest guys in MMA by all accounts" then the sport is poisonous and reflected by some of you in here.

Your hero's besties are drugs traffickers, I know which I'd rather view as a decent person.

Your hero's besties are drugs traffickers, I know which I'd rather view as a decent person.

I wrote a 2000-word post on this very forum criticising the Kinahans, Byrnes and Conor maintaining childhood friendships with people who are involved in inflicting misery on others. I also wrote how Conor's story in itself is an amazing one for young people to aspire to elevating themselves and choosing the right path but that message gets diminished by these friendships, however loose they are.

Go ahead and maintain your utmost respect for a cheating scumbag on the basis that Conor is a worse person in your eyes, guilty by association of who he grew up around.

Pretty sad to argue Shields is a good person on the basis that Conor is a bad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Sniping? Please.

Forget about the temperature of it. It wouldn't be in any SBG lads' interest to embellish it or anything but let's say it was absolutely scalding. My principal point was your claim that it was "aimed im the direction of women". You fancy yourself as a bit of an amateur (or should that be armchair) journalist, so hopefully you understand inference, subtext etc. You were attempting to claim that Shields deliberately targeted women with a cup of coffee in an attempt to support your "shields is a scumbag" angle. I think that's utter bull****. He clearly didn't eye up the women in the SBG group and decide he'd **** a load of coffee at them.

You also bizarrely attempted to bring in the Palhares fight to back up the same arguement. The fact you thrrew in "Palhares deserved it" dismissively is irrelevant - you're still using it support your overall angle. He was eye poked/gouged repeatedly in that fight and almost had his arm ripped off long after he had signalled his concession (in a sporting contest, not a street fight) of victory. He was absolutely right to hit him a smack in the mouth.

The worst part of all? You feel some bizarre need to rush to Danis' defence when nobody's even having a go at him or proclaiming their love for Shields. He might be young, he might be immature, but he does himself no favours and comes across as complete knob and therefore people don't mind seeing him get taken down a peg or two. That's about the worst that has been said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sniping? Please.

Forget about the temperature of it. It wouldn't be in any SBG lads' interest to embellish it or anything but let's say it was absolutely scalding. My principal point was your claim that it was "aimed im the direction of women". You fancy yourself as a bit of an amateur (or should that be armchair) journalist, so hopefully you understand inference, subtext etc. You were attempting to claim that Shields deliberately targeted women with a cup of coffee in an attempt to support your "shields is a scumbag" angle. I think that's utter bull****. He clearly didn't eye up the women in the SBG group and decide he'd **** a load of coffee at them.

You also bizarrely attempted to bring in the Palhares fight to back up the same arguement. The fact you thrrew in "Palhares deserved it" dismissively is irrelevant - you're still using it support your overall angle. He was eye poked/gouged repeatedly in that fight and almost had his arm ripped off long after he had signalled his concession (in a sporting contest, not a street fight) of victory. He was absolutely right to hit him a smack in the mouth.

The worst part of all? You feel some bizarre need to rush to Danis' defence when nobody's even having a go at him or proclaiming their love for Shields. He might be young, he might be immature, but he does himself no favours and comes across as complete knob and therefore people don't mind seeing him get taken down a peg or two. That's about the worst that has been said.

Christ. That's one messed up post for so many reasons, but I'll just focus on you thinking for some reason that Jake Shields isn't an asshole.

There's more than enough evidence backing up the claims that Shields is an absolute gobshîte even before the coffee throwing incident. I've literally never heard anyone have a nice thing to say about him, and I can tell you from first-hand experience he is a rude, arrogant prick. I made the mistake of thinking he was as approachable and down to earth as literally every other MMA fighter I've met. Boy was I wrong on that one.

Seriously, when people actually come online to defend the reputation of that twat of all people, that's when I know it's time to log off for a while. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement