Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mellor wrote: »
    Lol, this is brilliant. The bar for "news that makes me happy" has been set high for this week

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/866413447478685696

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

xtal191 wrote: »

The most shocking thing about that is that Angela Mangana actually has clothes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Paully D wrote: »
    The most shocking thing about that is that Angela Mangana actually has clothes on.

please god make that fight, I lnow the weights are different but please god let it happen :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why was Magana even there?
    She was cut two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mellor wrote: »
    Why was Magana even there?
    She was cut two years ago

She hasn't fought in almost 2 years but I dont think she was cut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Was anyone watching Twin Peaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Miesha is retired bro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why??

Because he was in it!

I am a huge Twin Peaks fan and he had a small part of a security guard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUaD4yKjLBt/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Romero vs whitaker for interim middleweight title offical co main at ufc 213. Tj vs no love offically called off.

Mighty mouse vs tj in august is looking most likely now according to dana

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dont care what anyone says Bisping is a wanker ducking Romero, dont believe he has any serious knee injury, dont care how game Bisping has been this is a major flaw on his career to me anyways, not that he'll care once he gets to fight GSP.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont care what anyone says Bisping is a wanker ducking Romero, dont believe he has any serious knee injury, dont care how game Bisping has been this is a major flaw on his career to me anyways, not that he'll care once he gets to fight GSP.
    Looks like GSP is fighting at WW instead.
    Of course plans mean nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The GOAT is getting his own TV show.

Cathal Pendred is to play a leading role in a new Amazon Prime TV show Lore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The GOAT is smarter than all of us. The GOAT has built a nice lifestyle for himself where he doesnt get punched in the face on the back of getting punched in the face....smart man he is...learn from he we should .

dashoonage wrote: »
    The GOAT is smarter than all of us. The GOAT has built a nice lifestyle for himself where he doesnt get punched in the face on the back of getting punched in the face....smart man he is...learn from he we should .

Absolutely, always has the claim that he had 6 fights in the UFC with what, 4 wins?

He got out as soon as he realized he had gone as far as he could too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lukker- wrote: »
    Absolutely, always has the claim that he had 6 fights in the UFC with what, 4 wins?

He got out as soon as he realized he had gone as far as he could too.

Does he still train or is he totally gone from mma?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I recall reading somewhere he is doing BJJ comps i think ?

Seems to be in SBG training now and then anyways, handy and fun way to keep in shape if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Gökhan Saki, possibly the best at his weight class in kickboxing, has signed for the ufc. If he can defend a takedown he could have some very interesting matches. Hope they start him off with a suitable opponent and build him up.

Will be absolutely strangled, very strange signing.

• Advertisement

There's enough non grapplers at HW who'll stand with him. But he's really a LHW and everyone of them will drag him to deep water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I actually can't believe the stuff I'm reading from Demetrious Johnson regarding the fight vs Dillashaw and how he's not interested. He says he doesn't want Dillashaw skipping the line. What f*cking line?? Ray Borg? Does Ray Borg really constitute a line. Dj really wants us to believe that Ray Borg, on a ONE fight win streak at flyweight is more deserving than the consensus #1 contender at 135 and former champ. Honestly he winds me up. The mma snobs stick their noses up when someone says they don't care about DJ fights but how can you care when he carries on like this? I sincerely hope DJ doesn't beat the Anderson Silva record with a fight vs Ray Borg ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

dulux99 wrote: »
    I actually can't believe the stuff I'm reading from Demetrious Johnson regarding the fight vs Dillashaw and how he's not interested. He says he doesn't want Dillashaw skipping the line. What f*cking line?? Ray Borg? Does Ray Borg really constitute a line. Dj really wants us to believe that Ray Borg, on a ONE fight win streak at flyweight is more deserving than the consensus #1 contender at 135 and former champ. Honestly he winds me up. The mma snobs stick their noses up when someone says they don't care about DJ fights but how can you care when he carries on like this? I sincerely hope DJ doesn't beat the Anderson Silva record with a fight vs Ray Borg ffs.

Preach! P4P, me hoop.

Worth noting Borg has missed weight a few times too, hope its DJ just posturing for decent pay to take the TJ fight.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Worth noting Borg has missed weight a few times too, hope its DJ just posturing for decent pay to take the TJ fight.
    That probably is the case, and that's fine, but there's a way to go about it. Namely, by saying something like "I'd gladly whoop Dillashaw but I want to be paid accordingly". To the public it just looks like there's finally a proper challenge put infront of him and he's running scared from it and making absolutely pathetic excuses.

Did Joe Duffy ever get his contract renewed with UFC?

I'm with DJ on this. A fighter dropping down to a weightclass that he's never fought at shouldn't jump the queue. We don't know if he can make it to 125 so let Dillashaw have a fight against Cejudo or Benavidez first. What's DJ got to gain from this fight? Dillashaw misses weight and he has to fight a bigger fighter for a non-title fight, or he refuses the fight and wastes a camp or he makes it, DJ destroys him (at best) and the weight drop excuse will be used.

That said, Borg isnt deserving either at present but DJ has cleaned out the division. Borg can barely make 126 it seems. More than happy to see Elliot, Cejudo or Benavidez have another shot.

The question is why is TJ wanting this fight? He must be scared of Garbrandt to give up that shot rather than wait a few months for him to recover. I've got no interest in the DJ vs Dillashaw fight but the Cody fight would be a different story. I'm hoping DJ has a plan to break the record with his next fight and then move to 135, or compete in both. Happy for him to pass on this potential match up when there's huge risk for no gain, especially since hes fought everyone asked of him before.

I'm with DJ on this. A fighter dropping down to a weightclass that he's never fought at shouldn't jump the queue. We don't know if he can make it to 125 so let Dillashaw have a fight against Cejudo or Benavidez first. What's DJ got to gain from this fight? Dillashaw misses weight and he has to fight a bigger fighter for a non-title fight, or he refuses the fight and wastes a camp or he makes it, DJ destroys him (at best) and the weight drop excuse will be used.

That said, Borg isnt deserving either at present but DJ has cleaned out the division. Borg can barely make 126 it seems. More than happy to see Elliot, Cejudo or Benavidez have another shot.

In general I agree with the idea that someone dropping down should not jump a que. For instance if Jon Jones could feasibly make 185 I would not agree with him skipping over Romero or Whittaker.

But this is so blatantly not the case here. Ray Borg has won 1 fly weight fight in a row!!!! Dj wiped the floor with Elliot for 4 of the 5 rounds, has beaten Benavidez comfortably twice, and absolutely wrecked Cejudo, and I've seen nothing from Cejudo since to say a rematch would be any different.

If DJ really wants the world to take notice of him, he has to be in big fights. That's all it boils down to. Dillashaw vs DJ is a big fight, Borg vs DJ is a laughable, pathetic, uninteresting squash match.

As for why Dillashaw wants the fight, I think it's simply down to getting paid. These guys are elite level athletes and need to fight in big fights two or three times a year to pay the bills. Dillashaw has not fought since December and it seems like Garbdrant probably won't be ready until November/December time yet either. Guys get paid far more for title fights, I can't blame him for wanting DJ.

In general I agree with the idea that someone dropping down should not jump a que. For instance if Jon Jones could feasibly make 185 I would not agree with him skipping over Romero or Whittaker.

But this is so blatantly not the case here. Ray Borg has won 1 fly weight fight in a row!!!! Dj wiped the floor with Elliot for 4 of the 5 rounds, has beaten Benavidez comfortably twice, and absolutely wrecked Cejudo, and I've seen nothing from Cejudo since to say a rematch would be any different.

If DJ really wants the world to take notice of him, he has to be in big fights. That's all it boils down to. Dillashaw vs DJ is a big fight, Borg vs DJ is a laughable, pathetic, uninteresting squash match.

As for why Dillashaw wants the fight, I think it's simply down to getting paid. These guys are elite level athletes and need to fight in big fights two or three times a year to pay the bills. Dillashaw has not fought since December and it seems like Garbdrant probably won't be ready until November/December time yet either. Guys get paid far more for title fights, I can't blame him for wanting DJ.

Your 1 flyweight fight is technically correct as he missed weight for the scheduled flyweight win previous but you can also say he's won 5 of the last 6. Just depends on how you want to see it.

For me the Elliott fight was the most entertaining of DJs for a long time. Coming off a TUF season to meeting DJ is a big jump. I'm sure he could do better with a 2nd shot. JoBe hasn't fought DJ for 3 1/2 years and has never lost against anyone else. He'd be the obvious choice if he wasn't injured. Gutted he'll miss Auckland as i'm going.

The Dillashaw vs DJ fight does nothing for me at all as I don't think he'll stick the weight. I thought Garbrandt was only out 4 weeks before he could train, making August a possibility.

• Advertisement

Your 1 flyweight fight is technically correct as he missed weight for the scheduled flyweight win previous but you can also say he's won 5 of the last 6. Just depends on how you want to see it.

For me the Elliott fight was the most entertaining of DJs for a long time. Coming off a TUF season to meeting DJ is a big jump. I'm sure he could do better with a 2nd shot. JoBe hasn't fought DJ for 3 1/2 years and has never lost against anyone else. He'd be the obvious choice if he wasn't injured. Gutted he'll miss Auckland as i'm going.

The Dillashaw vs DJ fight does nothing for me at all as I don't think he'll stick the weight.  I thought Garbrandt was only out 4 weeks before he could train, making August a possibility.
    Yeah and depending which way you want to look Borg has missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights, and of those 4, the two in which he made weight, he's only 1-1. 

Fair enough if your worry is Dillashaw can't make the weight, but I'd have to think TJ would have that well sussed before signing the contract. You can't tell me that as a fan of the sport you'd be more excited to see DJ vs Borg instead of DJ vs Dillashaw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement