Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours of stipe vs cain for august or autumn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/869282431756640256

Still doesnt know if she needs surgery hahahah yeah right what a debacle she is the worst ''champion'' in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What is it with champions these days.....won't someone please defend a ****ing belt..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Boys and girls is anyone heading to Glasgow. I see fight club members get access to tickets tomorrow, I think I'll pick up two. Anyone got ideas on price range ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

14murphy wrote: »
    Anyone got ideas on price range ?

I'd imagine £45-£175ish over 5/6 price tiers with VIP tickets sold separately for funny money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

dashoonage wrote: »
    What is it with champions these days.....won't someone please defend a ****ing belt..
    Some Champs do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor and Bisping the only to belts yet to be defended this year I think? Obviously the women's 145 hasn't been defended but was only won a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor and Bisping the only to belts yet to be defended this year I think? Obviously the women's 145 hasn't been defended but was only won a few months ago.

Nunes and Aldo (plenty of time for a pull out still)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor and Bisping the only to belts yet to be defended this year I think?
    Bisping, McGregor, Aldo, Holloway, Garbrandt and Nunes are yet to defend this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mellor wrote:
    Bisping, McGregor, Aldo, Holloway, Garbrandt and Nunes are yet to defend this year.

To be fair to nunes she fought recent enough as did garbrandt.

Aldo and Holloway is next event so give them a pass.

McGregor is in a unique situation, however in my opinion he should be made a champ emeritus and schedule a title fight for the division.

Bisping is a bit if a joke lately though,he is doing all he can to hang onto the title and milk it dry on ppv points against names rather than fight legit contenders, hell I'd do the same in his position, still bull though.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    To be fair to nunes she fought recent enough as did garbrandt.
    They fought in a December. Conor was November. Why is that one extra month so critical?
    People only seem to care when it's McGregor tbh.
    McGregor is in a unique situation, however in my opinion he should be made a champ emeritus and schedule a title fight for the division.
    They had a title fight scheduled. Khabib v Tony Ferguson at 209. Khabib pulled out, and now won't commit to a fight/camp until after ramadan.
    Bisping is a bit if a joke lately though,he is doing all he can to hang onto the title and milk it dry on ppv points against names rather than fight legit contenders, hell I'd do the same in his position, still bull though.
    The UFC asked him to fight Hendo. Now he's injured and Yoel and Whitaker are fighting for an interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mellor wrote:
    They fought in a December. Conor was November. Why is that one extra month so critical? People only seem to care when it's McGregor tbh.

I think it's more the fact that he won't even be scheduled to defend this year in all likelihood, which is why I was wondering would the champ emeritus be worth considering.
    Mellor wrote:
    They had a title fight scheduled. Khabib v Tony Ferguson at 209. Khabib pulled out, and now won't commit to a fight/camp until after ramadan.

Ferguson is looking for fights tho so I'd give him a pass there.
    Khabib is tough one, personally I don't rate him, he's good obviously, but he's beaten no one of real note in quite a while, even discounting injuries.

I'd give any Muslim a pass over Ramadan​, there's no way to safely do training camp during it so fair enough.

Mellor wrote:
    The UFC asked him to fight Hendo. Now he's injured and Yoel and Whitaker are fighting for an interim.

He was canvasing for that fight as well though, and I seriously doubt his injury is real, I have no proof it's just my opinion, but he's petrified of gay jesus.

I'd give any Muslim a pass over Ramadan, there's no way to safely do training camp during it so fair enough.
    Why do you think that? What's unsafe.

They're are plenty of Muslim sportsmen who manage to continue training during ramadan. The 2012 Olympics were during Ramadan. Mo Farah did alright.
    If Khabib doesn't want to, that his choice.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why do you think that? What's unsafe.

They're are plenty of Muslim sportsmen who manage to continue training during ramadan. The 2012 Olympics were during Ramadan. Mo Farah did alright.
    If Khabib doesn't want to, that his choice.

Hmmm, we'll see in the years to come how much abstaining Mo was doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Khabib is tough one, personally I don't rate him, he's good obviously, but he's beaten no one of real note in quite a while, even discounting injuries.

Absolutely smashing Michael Johnson shouldn't be discounted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Hmmm, we'll see in the years to come how much abstaining Mo was doing...
    hes already been caught telling porkies

Mellor wrote:

Mellor wrote:

Crazy, I was sure Cody won the belt this year, so cruz defened it. Nunes defended on New Years eve? Aldo is defending in a few days.

Lightweight and middle weight the only belts not being defended this year(ish) Your being pedantic

How is he being pedantic?! You drew an arbitrary line as a reference point - events were either before it or after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Did I read somewhere that 212 was the best card in a long time??

How is he being pedantic?! You drew an arbitrary line as a reference point - events were either before it or after it.

Saying Cody or Nunes never defended the belt is being pedantic, won the belt less than 1 day before 2017

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I cannot wait for Aldo Max, gonna be an epic war (hopefully).

Dtp1979 wrote:

Did I read this post ten mins ago??

Zero-Cool wrote:

Fact. Better fight than Stipe v JDS anyway. And Karolina v Claudia better than Joanna fighting a walking punch bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Man, those embedded's make for some great viewing..... :pac:

Saying Cody or Nunes never defended the belt is being pedantic, won the belt less than 1 day before 2017

You're the pedant here. How many days before the end of 2016 would it be required to be to meet your ill defined parameters?!

Did I read this post ten mins ago??

How would i know. You tell me!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Ye but the rest of the card is crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Crap is harsh, its got the look of a ok fox card about it, not sure I'd be happy 65 dollars for it on ppv as good as the main fight is.

• Advertisement

Sigh. You used the criteria of "defended this year". I listed the fighters who haven't fought this year. That's not being pedantic, I'm just answering the question, it's black and white.
    Pointing out that Cody's win wasn't a defense - would have been pedantic.

If you are going to roll it back to 207 in December for Cody and Nunes, why not roll it back to the November PPV for Conor?
    Drawing a line in that sand so that everyone after McGregor is a virtually useless assessment tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement