Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    Everyone in nova uniao are juiced to the gils

What is Nova Uniao's overall record (win-loss) in the UFC like since the new drug testing regime?

Not good I'll bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

John_D80 wrote: »
    What is Nova Uniao's overall record (win-loss) in the UFC like since the new drug testing regime?

Not good I'll bet.

It was 1-9 at one stage not sure what it is now! The only guy to win was that lad that ran out of the cage I forget his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It was 1-9 at one stage not sure what it is now! The only guy to win was that lad that ran out of the cage I forget his name.

wow 1-9 is pretty bad!! Says it all really.

That guy running out of the cage was on the McG vs Aldo event as far as I remember. Just checked the evnt page on sherdog. Leandro Santos the guy you are talking about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Jose Aldos drug test fiasco really is one of the most far fetched things ive ever heard,himself and Baraos runs are suspect to me anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nova Uniao were 4-12 since USADA up until the end of January, a 33% win record.

I've no idea what they've gone since then, but from 2013-2015 they went 33-10, a 76% win record.

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    wow 1-9 is pretty bad!! Says it all really.

That guy running out of the cage was on the McG vs Aldo event as far as I remember. Just checked the evnt page on sherdog. Leandro Santos the guy you are talking about?

Yeah that was the guy, could have sworn it was around that record but seems that they had a couple of more wins, still fairly shoddy.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Nova Uniao were 4-12 since USADA up until the end of January, a 33% win record.

I've no idea what they've gone since then, but from 2013-2015 they went 33-10, a 76% win record.

But mad that theyv had more loses in such a short time than the last couple of years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

But mad that theyv had more loses in such a short time than the last couple of years

Yeah, I agree. Correlation doesn't equal causation and all that jazz, so it's probably one to come back to at the end of the year when we have more data on all gyms, but for now it's certainly interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    You guys never look under your own noses for signs of steroid abuse. Conor has won what? A 13 second fight since USADA, gassed out after 5 minutes vs Diaz after previously doing 15 effortlessly on a blown knee vs Holloway. He was suspicious as hell when Diaz called him out on steroid abuse as well.

He's the second most tested fighter in the ufc, they would have caught him by now if he was on anything, you only have to look at how many brazillian 's failed tests post usada and you can see why the accusations are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You guys never look under your own noses for signs of steroid abuse. Conor has won what? A 13 second fight since USADA, gassed out after 5 minutes vs Diaz after previously doing 15 effortlessly on a blown knee vs Holloway. He was suspicious as hell when Diaz called him out on steroid abuse as well.

Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Oh man gambred is gonna kill u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's the second most tested fighter in the ufc, they would have caught him by now if he was on anything, you only have to look at how many brazillian 's failed tests post usada and you can see why the accusations are there.

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the history of professional sports and he was doped off his tits.

Not popping doesn't mean you're not cheating.

Conor was second most tested behind Aldo at one stage was he not?

Behind RDA not Aldo iirc

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the history of professional sports and he was doped off his tits.

Not popping doesn't mean you're not cheating.

True and it could be happening, but until he pops the point would still stand that he's the second most tested and is clean as of right now.

Behind RDA not Aldo iirc

True and it could be happening, but until he pops the point would still stand that he's the second most tested and is clean as of right now.

And the same is true of Aldo and anyone else who hasn't popped.

r1xS4WP.gif

Rousey, Conor, Aldo were the three most tested in 2015, each tested 8 times.

5 times for mcgregor since January, 4 for RDA, 2 for Aldo. So hes up there either way.
    And the same is true of Aldo and anyone else who hasn't popped.

Of course, but more brazillian fighters have been popped, mostly coming from the same gym were the head coach is compleatly for steroids to be allowed, so obviously there's a trend there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote: »
    r1xS4WP.gif

I was hoping for and expecting more from you Gamebred................

• Advertisement

Tis Saturday night gimme a break its his week anniversary im still sitting here in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Conor never struck me as a PED user tbh, he's not that athletic. Very fast yes, strong compared to guys his size? I wouldn't say so. He's much more technical, more of a volume KO puncher than a one punch Rumble (hint hint) KO guy. It's so hard to tell because there are PEDs that can help you with so many things, so it isn't always the guys with the 6 packs and massive deltoids that are juicing. My guy instinct would be no though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

all you haters are just begrudgers conor didnt even lose he wasnt taking the fight seriously he was winning until nate did a choke on him they should be banned its no different from a poke in the eye or biting nate just wanted to roll around on the floor stand up and fight proper it wasnt even a proper fight anyway it was just an exhibition or a spar you cant lose a spar begrudgery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

_oveless_ wrote: »
    all you haters are just begrudgers conor didnt even lose he wasnt taking the fight seriously he was winning until nate did a choke on him they should be banned its no different from a poke in the eye or biting nate just wanted to roll around on the floor stand up and fight proper it wasnt even a proper fight anyway it was just an exhibition or a spar you cant lose a spar begrudgery

And there you have it, the biggest load of shîte ever posted in this forum. That is some achievement tbf.

martyos121 wrote: »
    And there you have it, the biggest load of shîte ever posted in this forum. That is some achievement tbf.

No no, he already posted worse here.

anyone criticizing Conor needs to be banned he may have lost but he is the best thing to ever happen to mma in many ways he saved the sport only a few whiny begrudgers will say negative things about him nate got lucky as well and choking isnt even a proper fighting technique in my opinion it's like biting or kicking someone in the groin nate was scared so he used a choke on him very unsportmanlike he's not a real sportman like conor he is just a thug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No no, he already posted worse here.

Ah, good find that. I know he must be trolling but I'm just the type that has to react to it, need to sort that out! :o

If you think choking isn't a "proper" fighting technique, pm me and ill arrange a time for you to see how "proper" fighting fares against someone who "chokes".

If you can last longer than 5 minutes without tapping/going unconscious I'll buy you a cheeky nandos or whatever you crazy kids are into these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ever heard of a full stop or a comma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah, good find that. I know he must be trolling but I'm just the type that has to react to it, need to sort that out! :o

I don't think he was trolling. Shocking stuff all the same. I think his idea of a fight is 2 lads down a lane in mullingar with cloth on their fists fightin like real men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor was second most tested behind Aldo at one stage was he not?

Conor is the most tested atm, and he been since the build up to 189. Conor (13) and Holly (11) are the only fighters tested more than 10 times.

Aldo and RDA are both highly tested also (10), but I think the pull outs has meant Conor has been tested more. He has had more fights under USADA than those two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement