Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jcd5971 wrote: »
    this is great news, i love goldie hope it works out well for him, actually might watch a few shows now.

Might want to edit the post you just quoted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just seen Arnold Allen was convicted of affray, 5 month suspended prison sentace with a fine, one month curfew & 150 hours of community service. Thats him bolloxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That's true. I remember back in the day, Michael and ralf Schumacher lost their mother. The very next day they raced, and finished 1st and 2nd

The brothers were two of the most dedicated professional athletes on the world.

Jones is a cluster **** blessed with natural ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

ASOT wrote: »
    Just seen Arnold Allen was convicted of affray, 5 month suspended prison sentace with a fine, one month curfew & 150 hours of community service. Thats him bolloxed.

Jeepers, what a douche.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

So who are we going to see on the MSG card this year?

GSP vs Bisping ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

dashoonage wrote: »
    So who are we going to see on the MSG card this year?

GSP vs Bisping ?

Hope its a crock of **** of a card because I land in NYC the day after it on holiday :mad:

My guess is GSP, they need a big name headlining the annual nyc card in msg.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Hope its a crock of **** of a card because I land in NYC the day after it on holiday :mad:

My guess is GSP, they need a big name headlining the annual nyc card in msg.

I'll be there.....we go for a pint ?

Some great deals on flights and hotels at the moment and im tempted to book without knowing the card...

I'll be there.....we go for a pint ?

Some great deals on flights and hotels at the moment and im tempted to book without knowing the card...

I would but im only transiting home, I'd of stayed for the weekend if I could catch the fight but i'll be on a cruise the week previous in the Caribbean only comes back the sunday morning so probably wont even see the fight, with the new transatlantic companies bringing cheap travel in I can see myself attending one or 2 events in the states annually now if prices come down.

I would but im only transiting home, I'd of stayed for the weekend if I could catch the fight but i'll be on a cruise the week previous in the Caribbean only comes back the sunday morning so probably wont even see the fight, with the new transatlantic companies bringing cheap travel in I can see myself attending one or 2 events in the states annually now if prices come down.

For me travelling solo msg makes way more sense than a vegas card anyway...even if the card goes to ****...sure your in NYC!

For me travelling solo msg makes way more sense than a vegas card anyway...even if the card goes to ****...sure your in NYC!

Yep it cannot be a bad trip I've a few mates planning on going either way so I'll let you know where they are you can take my spot at the bar :pac:

Quite cheap going alright I booked the paramount hotel on times square for a few days on the 20th got a decent price through the travel agent, accom seems a rip off when trying to book yourself through the usual websites for Manhattan,

I'll guess and say Alvarez Dustin rematch be on the card anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Matt Hughes was in a serious accident when his truck collided with a moving train. Hope he will be ok.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19654828/former-ufc-fighter-matt-hughes-airlifted-medical-facility-truck-collides-train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

ERG89 wrote: »
    Matt Hughes was in a serious accident when his truck collided with a moving train. Hope he will be ok.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19654828/former-ufc-fighter-matt-hughes-airlifted-medical-facility-truck-collides-train

I might be reading too much into it but it sounds a lot like a suicide attempt.

Seeing a couple of 'reports' saying he has died but taking them with a grain of salt.

I read he was helping a friend, head truama after a crash and flown by air to hospital smacks of Schumacher about it, hope im wrong.

Police statement released on Matt Hughes is pointing towards a suicide attempt, airlifted with critical head injury.

Sad, thought he was more upbeat than ever last time on the mma hour, wonder if getting cut from the ufc custy job was the reason.

Sad, thought he was more upbeat than ever last time on the mma hour, wonder if getting cut from the ufc custy job was the reason.

He was getting paid $1,000,000 A YEAR from the UFC.

I couldn't believe it. Him and Chuck were on a Million a year as brand ambassadors.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope Matt pulls through and gets the help he needs :(

I think the wimmins 145 should be thrown out the window but this is the next best thing.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/875800051838091264

I read he was helping a friend, head truama after a crash and flown by air to hospital smacks of Schumacher about it, hope im wrong.

Weird was literally just watching him on a tv show last night. Hopefully he pulls through but isn't sounding good.

Weird was literally just watching him on a tv show last night. Hopefully he pulls through but isn't sounding good.

Latest report - Matt Hughes is in a coma in intensive care. I think that might be relatively standard for traumatic head injuries to induce a coma but it's not good whichever way it's spun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Latest report - Matt Hughes is in a coma in intensive care. I think that might be relatively standard for traumatic head injuries to induce a coma but it's not good whichever way it's spun.

It is standard.

Fingers crossed. He may not have been everybody's cup of tea but he was an outstanding fighter. His second fight with Trigg was the fight that got me hooked on MMA and that clip of him recovering from the groin shot and running Trigg across the cage still gives me goosebumps.

Hope his entrance music lives up to the claim.

• Advertisement

Latest report, Hughes has regained consciousness. Not able to talk yet but has been able to squeeze hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-smacktalk/84582-matt-hughes-not-nice-man-18.html#/topics/84582?page=1

Yeah im not sure if this is accurate but Hughes comes across as scum if this is in fact from his own autobiography

Beersmith wrote: »
    http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-smacktalk/84582-matt-hughes-not-nice-man-18.html#/topics/84582?page=1

Yeah im not sure if this is accurate but Hughes comes across as scum if this is in fact from his own autobiography

Scum? not exactly a great time to be judging him personally while hes in a coma tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Scum? not exactly a great time to be judging him personally while hes in a coma tbf.

Still dont change the fact he is known as a douchebag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I think it is the right time. He is in the news and people are holding him to be a great man. Anything but

Maybe not but it doesnt change the fact people would like to see him recover, not that his family will be on boards or anything but talk about kicking a man when hes down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm finding it hard to rustle up any sympathy for him sadly, the stuff I read about him years ago just made him seem like such a horrible person

I'm finding it hard to rustle up any sympathy for him sadly, the stuff I read about him years ago just made him seem like such a horrible person

Like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Beersmith wrote: »

As far as I recall it wasn't accurate. It was sensationalised and built up to make him sound bad.

For example the piglet mutilation was not 2 lads tearing the balls of pigs for the craic. They were castrating the pigs with a knife. Not unlike how many Irish farmers remove lambs tails for example. Didn't read the book but I read a rebuttal to that list of crimes.

Not pleasant, and the fact that they made a laugh out of it and tossed the nuts at each other makes them sound like ass holes. But that's a long way from taking a thrill from slaughtering baby animals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus he sounds like a massive massive wanker after reading that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement