Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No one should be mentioning Conor with this story. GDR cheated her way to a win, immediately have an injury excuse and then flat out told the UFC she is refusing to fight cyborg and they can take her belt if they want. Worst 'champion' ever. UFC hold some of the blame though starring that weightclass in the first place.

Ah jesus lad i was having a fooking laugh man...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ah jesus lad i was having a fooking laugh man...

Ah wasn't having a go :pac: that 145 women's div just gets me riled up. I'm beaming the UFC had the balls to follow through.

Also, some media heads feeling that the GDR statement was aimed at DJ as well.
    As much as I want to see DJ vs TJ, he has done too much for the UFC to then be punished for refusing a fight outside his weight class.

https://twitter.com/bigback20/status/876790499616710657

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd love to see the winner of Nunes vs Shevchenko go up and challenge Cyborg for the 145 belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Also, some media heads feeling that the GDR statement was aimed at DJ as well.
    As much as I want to see DJ vs TJ, he has done too much for the UFC to then be punished for refusing a fight outside his weight class.

https://twitter.com/bigback20/status/876790499616710657

TJ is dropping down the weight so it's still in MM's weight class.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »

I wonder would the UFC pull the plug on him though? That would be a much much bigger deal than what they did to GDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »

I wonder would the UFC pull the plug on him though? That would be a much much bigger deal than what they did to GDR.
    TJ would have to get to 125 first imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd love to see the winner of Nunes vs Shevchenko go up and challenge Cyborg for the 145 belt.

Nunes maybe but Shevchenko is way too small to fight at 145, shes prob even a tad bit small for 135, 125 would be her perfect weigh class IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Mellor wrote: »
    TJ would have to get to 125 first imo.

yeah thats the big question, let tj make the weight and win a fight, then dj has no right to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Depp wrote: »
    yeah thats the big question, let tj make the weight and win a fight, then dj has no right to refuse.

I think DJ would be happy with that as well. Let him get his record vs borg and let TJ prove he can make 125....then let them bang.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think that's what DJ said TJ should do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cant see TJ making 125 imo

ASOT wrote: »
    Cant see TJ making 125 imo

He's made 119 back in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's made 119 back in college.

"Back in college" being the operative words there.

"Back in college" being the operative words there.

That's why I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Was it not highschool and he was 18? Never did it in college was what I read before

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A. Person

Totally new to this boards thing. Thinking about getting fight pass. Anyone on here got it? Is it worth the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

A. Person wrote:
    Totally new to this boards thing. Thinking about getting fight pass. Anyone on here got it? Is it worth the money?

Get the free 7 day trialband find out.

A. Person wrote:

Do you have it?

• Advertisement

A. Person wrote:
    Do you have it?

Yes. Worth the money imo. You can get a completley free 7 day trial and judge for yourself.

A. Person wrote:
    Do you have it?

Yes. Worth the money imo. You can get a completley free 7 day trial and judge for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I also have it and I have been watching all the Ufc events in order. It's great. Just wish all the prelims were easily accessible for the old events. I end up only watching the main cards.

I also watched all the pride cards and I'm running through all the old TUF episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I also have it and I have been watching all the Ufc events in order. It's great. Just wish all the prelims were easily accessible for the old events. I end up only watching the main cards.

I also watched all the pride cards and I'm running through all the old TUF episodes

Do you not get a bit bored of the UFC cards? The first 10 or so were great just for the spectacle/brutality, but by the time I got to UFC 20 or so I lost interest because the quality of the fighters is so so so far away from today's fighters..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭cletus

Do you not get a bit bored of the UFC cards? The first 10 or so were great just for the spectacle/brutality, but by the time I got to UFC 20 or so I lost interest because the quality of the fighters is so so so far away from today's fighters..

Not me, but the first UFC's I saw were vhs copies of 1,2 and 3. Before Fight Pass was a thing, I spent quite a while 'acquiring' every UFC and Pride event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Nate Diaz being sued by his agent for $1.2 million.

Apparently fired the agent after the agent signed the deal for the McGregor re-match and Nate hasn't paid up.

So much for that boast about not having an agent like Conor!

Apparently Nate told Leslie Smith to fire him and not pay money owed as well and she is also getting sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon we will see him back fighting soon be it mcgregor or someone else. Legal fees are expensive

Cool I'll check it out. Thanks a mill

• Advertisement

Deadst4r wrote: »

Can you get the live ppvs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement