Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Jose Aldo biopic on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Who in their right mind would fight Cyborg?

What a disaster this 145 division is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Jose Aldo biopic on Netflix

Fixed your embed code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The Aldo movie is meant to be sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Thought this was kinda funny. So for those that don't know, Ice Cube had the T-Mobile Arena booked for August 26th and was saying he needs to be "taken care of" if he's gonna switch his basketball match to the MGM Grand....

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/879452991555870722

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeha, such an outright blatant plug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Derrick Lewis sounds like he needs to fully declare all his issues and come back strong if he wants to come back, happy if he comes back but hopefully a fit Lewis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Derrick Lewis sounds like he needs to fully declare all his issues and come back strong if he wants to come back, happy if he comes back but hopefully a fit Lewis.

He's some man. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his missus does be standing behind the camera naked while he does be doing the MMA Hour.

I love him he is pure honest, the bit about his mother in law and the kids was hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Wet myself when he whipped the trump hat out and threatened N'Gannou with deportation haha

• Advertisement

Us black guys don't do no camping.... good job too his back is ****ed.

Cerrone injured out of Lawler fight glad I didnt get too excited for this we'll never see it happen too good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gamebred wrote: »
    Cerrone injured out of Lawler fight glad I didnt get too excited for this we'll never see it happen too good to be true.

Will lawler get a new oppenent ? Just want to see how he is after his lose to woodley. Love robbie as a fighter.

Just saw that it may be moved to ufc 214

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Junior v Ngannou at ufc 215. I fear for juniors health

ASOT wrote: »

What a match up ! Gotta love the ufc they give us good ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ricero wrote: »
    What a match up ! Gotta love the ufc they give us good ****

Yeah, an up and coming killing machine vs an old has been who's prob one shot short of a speech impediment

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yeah, an up and coming killing machine vs an old has been who's prob one shot short of a speech impediment

Dont know if francis is a killing machine yet or all hype. Yes jds got wrecked by stipe but i thought he looked great and fought smart again ben rothwell in his fight previous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »

Juniors too tough for his own good

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »
    Dont know if francis is a killing machine yet or all hype. Yes jds got wrecked by stipe but i thought he looked great and fought smart again ben rothwell in his fight previous

Ngannou definitly isn't all hype, that's for sure. There's talent and danger there, JDS is a step up in competition for sure but Ngannou is such an athletic guy and his technique is pretty great too. He's a future champion I think, and at 30 he's young for a UFC heavyweight. He boxed for a while in his younger days but other than that, his chin is virtually unharmed which is another massive advantage he has over the higher ranked heavyweights who have all been finished before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cracking fight if you ask me. As mentioned, JDS looked as good as ever against Rothwell and was doing fine with his leg kicks against Miocic until he got caught. No doubt he's shipped a lot of damage in his career but I don't think there's a reason not to make the fight. Could probably do with a longer break after the KO in the title fight though.

• Advertisement

This is like Edgar v Yair in someway, wont be wrestle ****ed but JDS might school him with boxing massive step up.

Gamebred wrote: »
    This is like Edgar v Yair in someway, wont be wrestle ****ed but JDS might school him with boxing massive step up.

Absolutely, but at heavyweight if you're on the slide the damage is all that bit more catastrophic so guess the greater risk factor is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Fantastic news!! Woodley V Maia at UFC 214!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/880200625316806656

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Delighted with that news. The way Maia scraped past Masvidal doesn't fill me with confidence here but the human backpack can never be written off.

So ufc 214 has dc/jones, cyborg, woodley/maia, jimmy manua and rumours of lawlor/cowboy being moved to it.

Jasus that would be the fight card of all fight cards if it happens and all stay fit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

With 3 title fights they're really putting some insurance in place if Jones does something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

With 3 title fights they're really putting some insurance in place WHEN Jones does something :pac:

Fixed that for ya ;)

With 3 title fights they're really putting some insurance in place if Jones does something :pac:

Not sure if count the Cyborg fight in the same league as the other two with all the messing.

Will be interesting to see how it sells. 205 was ridiculously stacked, with three legitimate title fights and it sold 20% less than 202. I'd say they'll be happy enough if they break the million barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cowboy Cerrone is out of UFC 213 :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5dD-vB9_N/

Cowboy Cerrone - "Let everyone know this is not an injury. But a super bad infection in my blood. 7 days of IV and I'll be back at it. Working on getting the fight rescheduled"

Dana says that fight will have to wait until after UFC 214.

He said GSP will get the winner of Woodley and Maia!!

He also said that Conor wants Khabib in Russia after Floyd!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

CSAC wont license Barao to fight at 135lbs on the 214 card v sterling. Fair enough considering he nearly killed himself under there watch before.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/28/15887092/csac-wont-license-renan-barao-at-bantamweight-for-aljamain-sterling-fight-at-ufc-214

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement