Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Tony Ferguson was terrible here, Conor would kill him on trash talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would be so happy if Maia strangles Woodley and takes the belt but after the Masvidal fight, Tyron knows exactly what he needs to do, I just hope Maia can get around it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I would be so happy if Maia strangles Woodley and takes the belt but after the Masvidal fight, Tyron knows exactly what he needs to do, I just hope Maia can get around it.

Going to be an interesting battle, one for the purists (ie could be boring comments online after)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

JoeyJJ wrote: »

To be fair he's working for Fox there I think so cant exactly talk too much ****e. Not that I think he'd out trash talk Conor anyway.

Going to be an interesting battle, one for the purists (ie could be boring comments online after)

Ah feck them, like you said this is gonna be very interesting. Both know what they need to do to win/not lose and it will be a case of who can implement their gameplan/will the most, gonna be fascinating to watc...hopefully anyway.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    To be fair he's working for Fox there I think so cant exactly talk too much ****e. Not that I think he'd out trash talk Conor anyway.

He is still coming across as an asshole, if he was working for Fox he should have had better analysis of the fight rather than talking about DDT's ffs.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah feck them, like you said this is gonna be very interesting. Both know what they need to do to win/not lose and it will be a case of who can implement their gameplan/will the most, gonna be fascinating to watc...hopefully anyway.

Defo, its going to be exciting, both may struggle to get it to the ground in a dominant fashion and it might come back to standup and Woodley would have an advantage there I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Khabib hinting at MSG on instagram

maximoose wrote: »
    Khabib hinting at MSG on instagram

He doesn't really deserve preferential treatment but I hope UFC hire a food coach for him and a giant plastic bubble to keep him safe. UFC 217 would be November I think so he either wants Conor then in MSG which he completely doesn't deserver. I'm hoping he gets Tony first but would be ideal if that fight would happen around September freeing up one of them for Conor in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

I find it very hard to believe Khabibs next fight will be against Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dana said its Khabib vs Tony, Conor v winner
    The previously scheduled interim lightweight title bout between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson will be booked again despite three failed attempts.

McGregor, No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA lightweight rankings, apparently believes No. 2-ranked Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) would come out of that fight victorious and meet him in a unification bout in his return to the octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

xtal191 wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe Khabibs next fight will be against Conor

It's Tony next for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

maximoose wrote: »
    Dana said

Just presume the opposite then and you won't be too far wrong. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Edson Barboza said he's open to dropping to 145lb to fight Aldo given the log-jam at 155lbs with Conor away.

The UFC would have to be pretty sadistic to give Aldo that fight after the beat-down he took from Max. I'd say a lot of people would fancy Edson to crush him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He wouldnt make 146 imo hes drained enough needs to rematch Ferguson I think personally or Kevin Lee will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Barboza vs lee seems the most logical fight to make

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

To be fair they are all dressing like Conor and trying to trash talk like him as they seen how it helped generate interest in his fights from the casual fans and the resulting concessions from the upper management so you already know what they are all going to say before you even watch the interview. I barely watch them anymore.

You have to hand it to the Irish lads, they all do the business in front of the camera and come across very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Nick Diaz provisionally suspended by UFC after they were notified of his 3rd whereabouts failure by USADA. In short, he's facing a ban of up to 2 years. Best he can get is a 6 month ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nick Diaz provisionally suspended by UFC after they were notified of his 3rd whereabouts failure by USADA. In short, he's facing a ban of up to 2 years. Best he can get is a 6 month ban.

Ridiculous, the guy hasn't fought in over 2 1/2yrs, how can he still be accountable to USADA, surely he's out of competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ridiculous, the guy hasn't fought in over 2 1/2yrs, how can he still be accountable to USADA, surely he's out of competition
    Fighters are still tested out of competition. That's the whole point of USADA testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    Fighters are still tested out of competition. That's the whole point of USADA testing.

So does he have to say he's retired then for testing to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nothing ridiculous about it. Guy had indicated he planned/wanted to fight, and is therefore subject to testing.

If he doesn't like it he can retire and we can all move on from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What's the story with his Instagram. Does he just live in Vegas, hanging out in nightclubs filming people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ush1 wrote: »
    What's the story with his Instagram. Does he just live in Vegas, hanging out in nightclubs filming people?

Yes. and why the fook not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

dashoonage wrote: »
    Yes. and why the fook not.

I find constantly filming strangers a bit odd meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ush1 wrote: »
    I find constantly filming strangers a bit odd meself.

I was more refering to the living in vegas bit...totally missed the filming bit...

off for more coffee i go....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So does he have to say he's retired then for testing to stop?
    Either retire or at least formally indicate he wants to removed from the testing pool. He'd then be subject 6 months notice to return.

If he's in the pool, he should be subject to out of competition testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DerrickL

Diaz is on the Luke Thomas show today.

It's clear he has no intention of fighting. If he's a fighter then great I am interested. If not he is just a z list celebrity.

Apparently him and his brother have set up a marijuana business

• Advertisement

I don't get the intrigue or fan base around them I liked Nate coming up in UFC years ago however never got the hype around Nick even when he was champ in Strikeforce. Then when Nate turned into a copy of his brother it became tiresome. They have something about them they can take a punch however if they are so good on the ground how come they don't take advantage of it, their standing game gets rave reviews from some however isn't all that. The game is changing and they are been left behind ala Chuck was a small generation before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement