Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I don't get the intrigue or fan base around them I liked Nate coming up in UFC years ago however never got the hype around Nick even when he was champ in Strikeforce. Then when Nate turned into a copy of his brother it became tiresome. They have something about them they can take a punch however if they are so good on the ground how come they don't take advantage of it, their standing game gets rave reviews from some however isn't all that. The game is changing and they are been left behind ala Chuck was a small generation before.

Nate has like the second most submission wins in the ufc ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

513971532-1024x683.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »
    513971532-1024x683.jpg

The leg trap when Conor tried to flop during that exchange was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the Diaz's fight mentality. Stand and bang but if you wanna be a wrestler, I'll throw on a triangle, how bout that! It's just a pity they don't fight nearly as much as the should/could and I hate their whining when they lose. Huge potential to be superstars in the sport thrown away.

Clueless comment above Nate also holds the most strikes landed in UFC history while Nick is 4th, 2 elite black belts would say muay thai and wrestling has let them down they refuse to check leg kicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nothing ridiculous about it. Guy had indicated he planned/wanted to fight, and is therefore subject to testing.

If he doesn't like it he can retire and we can all move on from him.
    Mellor wrote: »
    Either retire or at least formally indicate he wants to removed from the testing pool. He'd then be subject 6 months notice to return.

If he's in the pool, he should be subject to out of competition testing.

Cheers, wasn't sure about the whole '6 months notice' thing and wasn't aware he had planned to fight

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DerrickL

RUMOR: UFC exploring options to sell entire flyweight division to another promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

DerrickL wrote: »
    RUMOR: UFC exploring options to sell entire flyweight division to another promotion

Unfortunately it seems this divisions future is going to come down to the very public spat between Dana and Mighty Mouse which is unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Anyone else excited to see how Gaetjhe gets on in the UFC? I think he's the real deal but hard to tell given his level of opponents so far. A win against Johnson would put him in a good position. Alvarez came in and earned a title shot with a few wins. The division is stalled at the moment but hopefully by 2018 it will be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is charlie wards opponet changed for his upcoming fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is charlie wards opponet changed for his upcoming fight?

Jeez he's being allowed in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's gonna be the MW champ within 2 years.

The absolute state of Dana on about Conor serious weirdo (19min mark).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Gamebred wrote: »

The absolute state of Dana on about Conor serious weirdo (19min mark).

???

Blushing like a 15 year old girl singing his praises.

looked like he was promoting his star fighter, nothing weird about that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The record of oleynik who fight travis browne next weekend
    51 wins 41 by sub
    I've never seen anything like it esp in that div

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Has Browne moved away from Glendale Boxing to do his training?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Has Browne moved away from Glendale Boxing to do his training?
    not sure(hope so), but hes been training with Josh Barnett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lawler v cowboy rumoured to be moving to ufc 214 next month. If true it has to be one of the best mma cards of all time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ricero wrote: »
    Lawler v cowboy rumoured to be moving to ufc 214 next month. If true it has to be one of the best mma cards of all time

confirmed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Can anyone recommend a bar that shows the UFC in London? I dont want to miss the Gaethje Johnson fight this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

but1er wrote: »
    confirmed this morning.

what a card so! hopefully the mayweather mcgregor hype doesnt affect the buys too much, this deserves to do huge numbers with the talent on show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Depp wrote: »
    what a card so! hopefully the mayweather mcgregor hype doesnt affect the buys too much, this deserves to do huge numbers with the talent on show

Any word on what injury Cowboy had ? Is he still not sparring in the lead up to fights ?

Any word on what injury Cowboy had ? Is he still not sparring in the lead up to fights ?

Dana said (I know, I know) Cowboy had a pulled groin, bruise from his knee all up to the top of his thigh. He still wanted to fight but UFC wanted him to be healthier for the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dana said (I know, I know) Cowboy had a pulled groin, bruise from his knee all up to the top of his thigh. He still wanted to fight but UFC wanted him to be healthier for the fight.

Good auld dana

Cowboy said in his instafacebookgramm that it was a blood infection.

didnt cowboy say he had given up on full sparring a while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Zero-Cool wrote:

Didn't he post a pic of himself on a drip saying he had a staph infection?

Didn't he post a pic of himself on a drip saying he had a staph infection?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5dD-vB9_N/?taken-by=cowboycerrone&hl=en

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Good auld dana

Cowboy said in his instafacebookgramm that it was a blood infection.

Sorry sorry, he did say he had staph as well but he was really nailing home the big bruise on Cowboy's upper thigh, sounded like he gave it a thorough examination himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement