Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So, eh, Ronda doesn't look like she'll be in the octagon any time soon...

f383423856e4162582c5f4106a1c5355.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't be real.

Can it?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can't be real.

Can it?

It's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She doesn't just look portly, she looks like she's sick, all bloated around the ankles etc.

And they're doing the motion capture for a game I presume by the cameras?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shes one big bitch

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

She will rush the comeback and get beaten by Miesha,really think Tate beats her this time dont expect Ronda to return the same fighter as she was before Holm kicked her head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's an oldish pic when she was on lay off after the Holm fight and couldn't train. Remember seeing it a while back, think some site took it and ran with it that it was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah it isn't new, I remember seeing it a while back, one site then reported the image as recent this week and it's made a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Any word on who is in the mix for UFC rights when BTs contract expires in august? Heard somewhere its worth 4 mil a year to the UFC at the moment,that will jump bigtime surely. Have BT at the moment ,it's pretty sweet tbf ,especially as I'm getting it at half price by cancelling every 2 months. Only prob is no euro events.
    Anyone think UFC might not sell as attractive a package this time around and and focus on getting people onto Fight pass,cut out the middlemen?
    Would be worried about sky getting it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Any word on who is in the mix for UFC rights when BTs contract expires in august? Heard somewhere its worth 4 mil a year to the UFC at the moment,that will jump bigtime surely. Have BT at the moment ,it's pretty sweet tbf ,especially as I'm getting it at half price by cancelling every 2 months. Only prob is no euro events.
    Anyone think UFC might not sell as attractive a package this time around and and focus on getting people onto Fight pass,cut out the middlemen?
    Would be worried about sky getting it tbh

Sky have a shed load of money burning a hole in their pockets after losing out on so many things to BT over the last couple of years. They've also started to include more news and coverage about the UFC on their various mediums. I'd be very surprised if they don't make a huge play for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Paully D wrote: »
    Sky have a shed load of money burning a hole in their pockets after losing out on so many things to BT over the last couple of years. They've also started to include more news and coverage about the UFC on their various mediums. I'd be very surprised if they don't make a huge play for it.

Yeah ,would worry they will try to charge extra for the really big ppvs. It will piss a lot of people in the uk off,BT really cheap there and you don't have to have rip off sky package,can just have it standalone.
    Can see how it would be attractive to UFC though,if sky get the hype going on sky sports news etc could really help them grow.

Wasnt somebody saying the chief in charge of sky hates mma?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »
    Wasnt somebody saying the chief in charge of sky hates mma?

They love money though and it'll be a money maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was watching the Man Utd v West Ham game today, Slaven Bilic just reminds me of Nate Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was watching the Man Utd v West Ham game today, Slaven Bilic just reminds me of Nate Diaz

Watching the golf and Adam Scott reminds me of Junior Dos Santos

2gx00nt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

califano wrote: »

2gx00nt.jpg

Lads we have a new thread here. Celebrities who look like mma fighters!

That driver in the Galaxy bar ad with that old song Moon River playing, he's the head off Mousassi

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Benavidez is the absolute image of Gennady Golovkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The corner man in Creed reminds me of Stitch Duran.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdEGdy5sOP8LAHa786umX17VgkUqzUokuQnFcUXkkiSyospfCw

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ross Pearson and Chad Laprise agree to ditch the weight cut fight at welterweight for their fight.

https://twitter.com/RossTheRealDeal/status/708529512032538624

https://twitter.com/ChadLaprise/status/708530027764166656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

califano wrote: »

2gx00nt.jpg

JDS?

More like Ben Askren.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

I can't be the only one who thinks Dominick Cruz looks a lot like Max Greenfield (Schmidt from New Girl)

Poirier vs Bobby Green added to 199

ARROWHEAD24_bigger.jpgBrian Martin Verified account ‏@TheBMartin

Fun lightweight fight added to UFC 199: No. 10 Dustin Poirier (@DustinPoirier) vs No. 12 Bobby Green (@BobbyKGreen) http://goo.gl/wMOaOD

Sorry for going offtopic with this info. To get it back on track, Dustin looks like a pea head.

Bobby Green had some bad knee injuries I think,wouldnt be sure it will happen was hoping for Felder Poirier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mitrione signs for Bellator, delighted for him hopefully he gets a decent wage, also Rory will be testing the free agency market after his fight with wonderboy.... The floodgates are opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    Mitrione signs for Bellator, delighted for him hopefully he gets a decent wage, also Rory will be testing the free agency market after his fight with wonderboy.... The floodgates are opening.

Never warmed to Mitrione to be honest. I'd be shocked if Rory went. I'd say he's just saying that as a negotiation tactic.

Hopefully Matt is getting a decent payday and I really hope Bellator offer Rory an absurd amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

ASOT wrote: »

Apparently it's a 4 fight deal with a guaranteed 6 figures per fight. When you factor in the sponsorships aswell, it's a no brainer really. He wasn't going to contend for the UFC belt anytime soon so he might aswell make some money.

Sad to see Meathead go but godly he gets a nice payday and good success at belator.

Rory would be a huge loss to the UFC even if he does lose to Wonderboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rory won't go IMO. The UFC will reach a deal with him. Many fighters will say they'll test the market and I'm sure they will just to bring a figure back to the table, but someone like MacDonald isn't going to be wanting to fight with an organisation like Bellator over the UFC full stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement