Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Depp wrote: »
    didnt cowboy say he had given up on full sparring a while ago?

He did yeah . Just find it peculiar . Dont see the harm in light sparring .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sorry sorry, he did say he had staph as well but he was really nailing home the big bruise on Cowboy's upper thigh, sounded like he gave it a thorough examination himself.

I wonder how it will affect Lawler . Thats a long training camp he is in he would be better taking a week or so off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

He did yeah . Just find it peculiar . Dont see the harm in light sparring .

I dunno lot of lads said it with the whole cte thing playing on everyones minds, literally and figuratively!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

BREAKING NEWS: Champion says he may actually possibly fight number one contender in the division maybe kind of

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/4/15917730/michael-bisping-will-fight-winner-of-interim-title-if-gsp-doesnt-man-up-before-ufc-214

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's big of him...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There's no embedded released for the weekend's fights which is strange as usually they'd be at least 1 if not 2 out by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Schaub is doing a standup show in the Sugarclub on the 5th of August... Jaysis this might be worth going to just to see how bad he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Schaub is doing a standup show in the Sugarclub on the 5th of August... Jaysis this might be worth going to just to see how bad he is...

It'd be worth the price of admission to heckle him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was listening to him recently and he was saying how he met some Irish mma fans recently said how they must be big conor fans, they responded by slagging him over how big a conor nuthugger he was. He said he went mad :pac: fair play lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I give him stick but hes doing something right his podcast does massive numbers much better off than being ko'd in the UFC fair play to Rogan for telling him to quit, I'd say his ''stand up'' consists of him standing there telling fight stories.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    There's no embedded released for the weekend's fights which is strange as usually they'd be at least 1 if not 2 out by now.

None of the fighters speak particularly good English bar Bobby Knuckles. Valentina actually ain't bad.

Anyways I think they've replaced them with those countdown videos instead. We'll prob get a few on thurs and fri too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

chupacabra wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a bar that shows the UFC in London? I dont want to miss the Gaethje Johnson fight this weekend.

Chances are this will be well out of your way but I have watched some live UFC in the Cauliflower pub in Ilford in the somewhat recent past. Great old pub in a bit of a sh1tty area

Lukker- wrote: »
    It'd be worth the price of admission to heckle him

For suuure STFU Schaub.

I'd say the success Schaub is getting so quick in stand up is absolutely killing Callens ego, he's been at it for years and is still playing small clubs for **** money and has serious notions of his talent. This lad gets beat up for a living, tried stand up because rogan told him to and he's selling out theatre's in Europe and Australia.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gamebred wrote: »
    I give him stick but hes doing something right his podcast does massive numbers much better off than being ko'd in the UFC fair play to Rogan for telling him to quit, I'd say his ''stand up'' consists of him standing there telling fight stories.

I think he's said that that's what the basis for his show is, either way fair play to him for giving it ago. I personally like the guy, now that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I'd say the success Schaub is getting so quick in stand up is absolutely killing Callens ego, he's been at it for years and is still playing small clubs for **** money and has serious notions of his talent. This lad gets beat up for a living, tried stand up because rogan told him to and he's selling out theatre's in Europe and Australia.

Callen has his own spin off from the goldbergs and a huge podcast and between them (rogan hinchcliff callen schaub etc ) they seem positive rather than envious towards each other.

Whatever hes doing is working anyway so fair play to him. I think his shows on the road are part standup part fight breakdown

I listened to all fighter and the kid podcasts and I remember one a few months ago where Callen went on a rant about how his stand up special wasn't picked up by Netflix and how they dont recognise his comedy genius :pac: The guy thinks he is up there with Chris Rock or Bill Hicks :rolleyes: Id say he is making a good living though between acting gigs, stand up and the podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Use to listen to the fighter and the kid but callen started to really piss me off, the mans is an idiot.

Bispings podcast is great craic and a good listen

ricero wrote: »
    Use to listen to the fighter and the kid but callen started to really piss me off, the mans is an idiot.

The dropping knowledge section was rage inducing. He's genuinely stupid, reads an article on WaPo and thinks he's an expert in geo-political and economic theory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd rank Joey Diaz and Rogans miles ahead of the pack dont think i've missed an episode, too much lick arsing on Schaubs he never shuts up about his sold out shows and is a bigger Conor fanboy than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'd rank Joey Diaz and Rogans miles ahead of the pack dont think i've missed an episode, too much lick arsing on Schaubs he never shuts up about his sold out shows and is a bigger Conor fanboy than me.

They are few things I find more irritating than listening to Joey Diaz. Find him unfunny, rambling, ignorant, incoherent and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That video where Rogan is being honest with Schaub telling him he isn't good enough to be an elite UFC HW is seriously real, everyone needs a friend like Rogan in their life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The dropping knowledge section was rage inducing. He's genuinely stupid, reads an article on WaPo and thinks he's an expert in geo-political and economic theory.

My favourite was the time his 25 minute Dropping Knowledge section was on the subject of Brexit being about how the UK wanted to get rid of the Euro and bring back the British Pound :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Firas Zahabi just tweeted Rogan about being on the podcast. I've high expectations for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Schaub's stand up tickets are on sale now for his gig in the sugar club. €30 is a decent price.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Schaub's stand up tickets are on sale now for his gig in the sugar club. €30 is a decent price.

Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Sold out

Second date is available, just got some there. Sun 6th

30 bean for Schaub is worse than paying 100 for the Mayweather McGregor PPV.

Lukker- wrote: »
    30 bean for Schaub is worse than paying 100 for the Mayweather McGregor PPV.

You can go see good comedians in town for free several nights of the week and some of them will even give you ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is it a stand-up show? I thought he was saying it would be a special live edition of "The Big Brown Breakdown" where he discusses McGregor v Mayweather?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement