Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is it a stand-up show? I thought he was saying it would be a special live edition of "The Big Brown Breakdown" where he discusses McGregor v Mayweather?

Thats exactly what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How much more can he ''breakdown''? listen to any of his podcasts hes made his view clear that McGregor wins first few rounds then gets schooled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You are getting the opinion of a state golden gloves champion, he should be charging more

b2.gif

10001961.gif

tumblr_mysjhevoEo1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Agreed, striking expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    b2.gif

10001961.gif

tumblr_mysjhevoEo1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Agreed, striking expert.

In fairness, Big Country's boxing coach is Jeff Mayewather. That's why he has that sweet technical stand-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Agreed, striking expert.

keep-your-fingers-clean-while-eating-cheetos-chocolate-chips-and-more.w1456.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

MrStuffins wrote: »
    keep-your-fingers-clean-while-eating-cheetos-chocolate-chips-and-more.w1456.jpg

Ah yes because clearly anyone question the striking credentials of Brendan Schaub is a "Cheeto fingered f**k" as the Denver amateur boxing seniors competitor and UFC highlight reel knockout recipient would call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Stephens vs. Giblert booked for UFC 215 in September, should be a great scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope Gib gets absolutely wrecked! Let's go Stephens, hardest hitter in the 145 right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hope Gib gets absolutely wrecked! Let's go Stephens, hardest hitter in the 145 right there!

I feel a bit sorry for Jeremy, I genuinely think McGregor took a little piece of his soul at that presser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Has Melendez ever fought at 145 before? Two lads are both on bad streaks at the moment, always liked Melendez in Strikeforce but a bit of a let down in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Another non-existent tap to The Reem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

martyos121 wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for Jeremy, I genuinely think McGregor took a little piece of his soul at that presser.

Who the fook is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

One of the top 3 most memorable Open Workouts of all time? Guy is an absolute freak. Still fancy Whittaker to finish him early though.

Django99 wrote: »
    Has Melendez ever fought at 145 before? Two lads are both on bad streaks at the moment, always liked Melendez in Strikeforce but a bit of a let down in the UFC.

USADA didn't help him.
    Says a lot about the sport that he comes back from a drugs ban straight into a fight and then a spot on a Fox panel. Thankfully, he's **** at both

And he's a member of the hypocritical Diaz "Everyone's on steroids" camp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

One of the top 3 most memorable Open Workouts of all time? Guy is an absolute freak. Still fancy Whittaker to finish him early though.

The man has the body of a Greek god and moves like a cat. I'll never forget the spin move be pulled to take Weidman's back at 205.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What a card...

cSLeUwM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

GSP texted Bisping and Dana with a challenge to fight in November. Load of crap. 
    GSP should fight the Woodley/Maia winner and Bisping should fight the Whitaker/Romero winner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I can't wait to see Yeol back in the cage and hopefully he takes Wit out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

40yo Romero versus 26yo Whittaker. Romero twice as ripped as him. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Unrelated note i hate seeing blatant cheaters win.

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    40yo Romero versus 26yo Whittaker. Romero twice as ripped as him. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Unrelated note i hate seeing blatant cheaters win.

Usada tested for 2 years hasnt changed a bit, not saying Usada is bomb proof but I find it hard to believe hes juicing hes an athletic freak.

Usada tested for 2 years hasnt changed a bit, not saying Usada is bomb proof but I find it hard to believe hes juicing hes an athletic freak.

You know other athletes from other sports have been tested for years and have been proven to have been doping. Never caught means nothing. Dopers are so far ahead of tests.

Ah yeah the old well he is a special case argument. If its too good to be true.......

You know other athletes from other sports have been tested for years and have been proven to have been doping. Never caught means nothing. Dopers are so far ahead of tests.

Ah yeah the old well he is a special case argument. If its too good to be true.......

Of course its possible but the likes of them olympic athletes that are getting away with it have doctors using some advanced stuff wada cant detect, I doubt Romero is down in Florida paying hundreds of thousands for a boost, I personally think hes a freak athlete roids or not.

He is 40 and looks like a superhero. Come on. There are some great athletes that can never get to look that was without help. Your disbelief is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Beersmith wrote:

Beersmith wrote:

Beersmith wrote:

I luv ouuu beersnith, uuuu kall me cheater but I luuuuuv u boy

#no4gayjesus
    #isosorrytimkennedyisosorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yoel is a genetic a freak, steroids or not. We could take all the steroids we can get our hands on and work out all day every day and we're never looking like that. He's been in the same shape for 20ish years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yoel is also the most tested guy in the UFC by a mile.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Yoel is also the most tested guy in the UFC by a mile.

Wrong tests at the wrong time show **** all.

Wrong tests at the wrong time show **** all.

They are all random so the timing argument is bs.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yoel is a genetic a freak, steroids or not. We could take all the steroids we can get our hands on and work out all day every day and we're never looking like that. He's been in the same shape for 20ish years now.

Taking steroids on their own will do **** all for you. He obviously is a great athlete but come on guys, he is 40 and looking like the hulk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement