Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Gamebred wrote: »
    They are all random so the timing argument is bs.

Not necessarily. Just because they are random doesn't mean that if they checked other times they may have seen something.

Come on guys! This guy WAS ACTUALLY CAUGHT DOPING BY USADA. HE WAS BANNED! HE IS A DOPER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Usada tested for 2 years hasnt changed a bit, not saying Usada is bomb proof but I find it hard to believe hes juicing hes an athletic freak.

Yoel is a blatant cheater - Just he's not a steroid cheater.

He's been a genetic freak his entire life, if you ask any wrestlers they all say the guy was a freakish athlete since he was a teenager. So, anyone accusing him of cheating steroid wise is mistaken IMO. He's just a freak.

But he IS a blatant cheater with all of the shenanigans he pulls:

That fence pull against Jacare was disgraceful. Should have been docked a point. Jacare had him down 100% if not for that fence grab.

The stool incident against Tim Kennedy was a farce and honestly Big John should have docked a point.

Then most recently the shenanigans with the water over the head against Weidman, Yamasaki should have been docking points.

He's an out-and-out cheater in the cage but I don't think he's a steroid abuser.

Yoel is a blatant cheater - Just he's not a steroid cheater.

He's been a genetic freak his entire life, if you ask any wrestlers they all say the guy was a freakish athlete since he was a teenager. So, anyone accusing him of cheating steroid wise is mistaken IMO. He's just a freak.

But he IS a blatant cheater with all of the shenanigans he pulls:

That fence pull against Jacare was disgraceful. Should have been docked a point. Jacare had him down 100% if not for that fence grab.

The stool incident against Tim Kennedy was a farce and honestly Big John should have docked a point.

Then most recently the shenanigans with the water over the head against Weidman.

He's an out-and-out cheater in the cage but I don't think he's a steroid abuser.

Nope. He actually was caught by USADA. A proven DOPER!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Tainted supplement so he wasnt caught doping.

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Nope. He actually was caught by USADA. A proven DOPER!

He popped for low levels of Ibutamoren. When they randomly went in to the supplement store, they tested the entire batch of that supplement and they all tested positive for Ibutamoren, which was not a listed ingredient.

If you're being fair, if you went and bought a sliced pan in tesco and failed a drug test over some contamination of the bread, would you not want to be cleared if they went and bought another 10 random sliced pans that all contained the same ingredient?

Trust me I'm sceptical of the tainted supplement defence myself but his excuse actually checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

Prove it.

Overeem taking the piss out of himself good to see :)

https://twitter.com/Alistairovereem/status/883347042151649281

• Advertisement

see Wonders post on the tainted supplement.

Fair. It's an athlete's responsibility on what goes into their body. But also being fair, that supplement he took was USADA approved and a dodgy batch. We can't expect fighters to set up a chemistry set in their gaf like Breaking Bad to analyse every supplement on the approved list.

I might be naive on this. Lance Armstrong passed a load of tests too. But Yoel has been tested more at an elite level than any other UFC fighter when you factor in the hundreds of tests in his wrestling career. He never once failed until this supplement.

I think people just accuse him because he looks like a bodybuilder. Strangely Eddie Alvarez doesn't get accused of it and his physique is ridiculous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Didn't Mellor post something previously in reply to the whole "Romero has been tested throughout his wrestling career". Something to do with Cuban wrestling not being under usada.

Genuinely I would say most people think he's a juicer. Just being argumentative saying he's not.

Didn't Mellor post something previously in reply to the whole "Romero has been tested throughout his wrestling career". Something to do with Cuban wrestling not being under usada.

Genuinely I would say most people think he's a juicer. Just being argumentative saying he's not.

His time in Germany is irrelevant, hes been under USADA for at least 2 years now thats good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

being a 'genetic freak' doesnt rule out being a doper. the whole idea of cheating is to get an extra advantage over your opponent. a cheater is a cheater, they dont not cheat just because they are already a physical specimen. Brock Lesnar was a genetic freak and doped, tho that was also to maintain a specific body type that appeals to wrestling fans. you could say he cheated smaller wrestlers out of being as commercially successful

never failing a test means youre not stupid enough to get caught

never failing a test means youre not stupid enough to get caught

I understand the point but If thats the case than you could point the finger at anyone so im saying McGregor might be a cheat so seen as he hasnt been caught yet, Romero is a poster boy for trt slander and unfairly so, Brock actually popped post ufc 200 too as far as I know and that was after just 3 months of dodgy testing.

That video where Rogan is being honest with Schaub telling him he isn't good enough to be an elite UFC HW is seriously real, everyone needs a friend like Rogan in their life

Seems like it - Joey Diaz on Bert Kreisher's podcast Bertcast#241 from just a few days ago speaks - not for the first time - about how good a friend Joe was to him whilst he was still on coke. Really nice testament for Rogan's character I think. circa 33:40 or so. Rambles on a bit - 15 mins or so (as they weave around why Bert really asked the Q)but it shows the cool but really normal, most of us have been there kinda but didn't handle it quite so well side of both...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPT7a4dx3U

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nick and Nate meant to be on Luke Thomas' radio show today .......
    ..... and they don't show up, I'm shocked :rolleyes:
    Was kind of looking forward to a longish interview from them.

Delighted Thomas is a know it all dork, imagine booking the pair of them and expecting them to ring in on time pmsl.

• Advertisement

He's be one of my favourite guys to listen to because of that :pac:
    Can't stand the ones who won't give an opinion on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Delighted Thomas is a know it all dork, imagine booking the pair of them and expecting them to ring in on time pmsl.

I think Thomas has got a bit better lately than he used to be. That's not saying much though as I thought he used to be insufferable!

He has improved a little though

I liked his BJJ breakdowns especially but couldnt put up with him no more personally cant go half hour without mentioning his colombian wife too which irks me, Diaz bro's probably in their hotel baked would be hilarious to see the pair them on Rogan stoned going on rants.

He definitely has the annoying problem of constantly telling everyone about how great Colombia (Latin culture, his wife etc) and how great power lifting is.

He's like a lad with his first girlfriend or just found out about something and then constantly talks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Fromvert wrote: »
    He definitely has the annoying problem of constantly telling everyone about how great Colombia (Latin culture, his wife etc) and how great power lifting is.

He's like a lad with his first girlfriend or just found out about something and then constantly talks about it.

He just tweeted this to prove your point during the TUF Finale!!

https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/883504357525692416

lol complete and utter nonsense a waste of cyber space imagine following him for that muck, he looks massive but doubt he can run a mile but will tell you about his dead lift max non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yoel is more than likely on something. Like a large portion of the UFC roster. Florida is also the juice capital of the world.

Juice or no juice he's still the most athletic fighter we've ever seen in the UFC. The guy is a genuine outlier, and I love watching him fight and I also find him very likeable.

#ynuevo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Yoel is also the most tested guy in the UFC by a mile.
    This year he's been tested 5 times.
    There's around 7 or 8 who've been tested 7 times. I'd imagine the ones fighting this week will climb higher.

All time Yoel's up there. But most tested is Vitor I think.
    Beersmith wrote: »
    Taking steroids on their own will do **** all for you.

Yeah, that's not remotely true.
    I've no doubt that he hit a full house in genetic bingo. Absolutely. But I'm not sure why you think that exonerates him.
    Being a genetic freak doesn't exclude him from being on drugs. Take olympic weightlifting as an example, all the medalists are genetic bingo winners. It's also a huge doper sport. Wrestling wouldn't be dissimilar.

But I also think that his tainted supplement was not hugely indicative of cheating either.
    His time in Germany is irrelevant, hes been under USADA for at least 2 years now thats good enough for me.
    Juicing isn't necessarily a short term bonus. If somebody was on the gear for a long time, they'd continue to benefit for years after they got "clean".
    Yoel has always looked like Yoel in the UFC. There's nothing suspect about the last 2 years (tainted supplements aside). I just think that pointing this wrestling career during 1998-2004 as proof that he's clean is hugely naive.

He's not the most tested athlete in the world. He came through the same drug testing program as Hector Lombard ffs.
    Besides, the most tested guy in the world was probably Lance Armstrong. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    lol complete and utter nonsense a waste of cyber space imagine following him for that muck, he looks massive but doubt he can run a mile but will tell you about his dead lift max non stop.

I've largely ignored him tbh. What's the hard-on for powerlifting about?
    I read he was a jiu jitsu blackbelt, but also read he was no higher than purple. Wold tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

AH FFS, Nunes is out :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement