Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tinpib wrote: »
    AH FFS, Nunes is out :(

Yeah, apparently sick all week, what a balls but let's look at this as an offering to the Injury Bug and hope it satisfies his hunger enough to leave 214 alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mellor wrote: »
    I've largely ignored him tbh. What's the hard-on for powerlifting about?
    I read he was a jiu jitsu blackbelt, but also read he was no higher than purple. Wold tickets?

He's just really into powerlifting. Will bring it up in pretty much every podcast. I don't hate powerlifting or anything he just has a couple of his interests he'll talk about constantly. He's my favourite go to for mma podcasts.

I'm not sure what belt he is and have saw rumours he's anything from a blue to black belt. He definitely has a very good understanding of bjj and has gotten compliments from fighters about his breakdowns in general. Holloway, Borg (I think) and a couple of others have praised him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Fromvert wrote: »
    He's just really into powerlifting. Will bring it up in pretty much every podcast. I don't hate powerlifting or anything he just has a couple of his interests he'll talk about constantly. He's my favourite go to for mma podcasts.

I'm not sure what belt he is and have saw rumours he's anything from a blue to black belt. He definitely has a very good understanding of bjj and has gotten compliments from fighters about his breakdowns in general. Holloway, Borg (I think) and a couple of others have praised him.

He posted on his facebook around 2014 that he received his blue belt from Nakapan Phungephorm but I think he's a purple belt now. He trained under Lloyd Irvin for a few years as well.

He's also clearly on steroids, I've seen old photos of him compared to now it's ridiculous the size difference :pac: He's always slating USADA and defending anyone who pops for anything, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Best official promo UFC have done in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would love nothing more than to see dc choke jones out cold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

He posted on his facebook around 2014 that he received his blue belt from Nakapan Phungephorm but I think he's a purple belt now. He trained under Lloyd Irvin for a few years as well.

He's also clearly on steroids, I've seen old photos of him compared to now it's ridiculous the size difference :pac: He's always slating USADA and defending anyone who pops for anything, too.

Who are u talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Who are u talking about?

Luke Thomas, the chap is huge

LS4dOiC.png?2

Gotta love Nate

Little Bitches
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWWb0jQH-9c/

I'm the boss here, UFC repost my ****
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWWcJq3HmK9/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

in before the mcnuggets arrive to defend conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dashoonage wrote: »
    in before the mcnuggets arrive to defend conor

McG Defenders assemble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

He was always going to go to Scott Coker to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

IF the UFC are stilling to pay him dick all he's right to do a legger to Bellator. I honestly think he's the most well rounded middleweight on the planet and I think he'd beat any of the top 5 on current form, they're idiots to let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That is such a let down because he genuinely is the best MW in the world right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nate Diaz bitching out him theres a surprise, hes desperate I hope he doesnt get the trilogy now for all his moaning and sitting about on the sidelines, I sympathized with him and put up with the moaning as a fan for years but them posts smack of desperation.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nate Diaz bitching out him theres a surprise, hes desperate I hope he doesnt get the trilogy now for all his moaning and sitting about on the sidelines, I sympathized with him and put up with the moaning as a fan for years but them posts smack of desperation.

To be fair to Diaz, lets take money and sh!te out of it for a minute. Diaz choked Conor out and then gave Conor a rematch immediately, which Conor won by split decision (could have went either way). Conor owes Diaz his rematch, I don't think Conor will do it though because he knows he can't knock Diaz out and he doesn't want another 5 round war.

To be fair to Diaz, lets take money and sh!te out of it for a minute. Diaz choked Conor out and then gave Conor a rematch immediately, which Conor won by split decision (could have went either way). Conor owes Diaz his rematch, I don't think Conor will do it though because he knows he can't knock Diaz out and he doesn't want another 5 round war.

I see what your saying but nobody is owed anything in mma, he gave an instant rematch because he was offered about 10m reportedly for his troubles, hes refusing to fight Ferguson by making stupid demands for 20m too its sad to see as a fan of his but the moaning and jabs is sad he should stop trying to make money and fame off Conor and go fight for the interim and beat Ferguson it'd guarantee him a trilogy and make it even bigger.

Yeah, would love to see take on a top contender, make things interesting but Diaz gonna Diaz. Dana said he wants to make Tony vs Khabib again but it would be hard to get hyped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I see what your saying but nobody is owed anything in mma, he gave an instant rematch because he was offered about 10m reportedly for his troubles, hes refusing to fight Ferguson by making stupid demands for 20m too its sad to see as a fan of his but the moaning and jabs is sad he should stop trying to make money and fame off Conor and go fight for the interim and beat Ferguson it'd guarantee him a trilogy and make it even bigger.

Let's face it, he's done with MMA, he just wants to get one last big pay day. Funny that he accused Conor of not being a true fighter and just caring about money because that seems to be all Nate wants now.

• Advertisement

Yeah some very good points made there.

I do think Nate would beat Ferguson. Nate now seems to think he is worth milions because he got paid millions for one fight. I would like the trilogy. The way things are gone with Conor now who gives a crap about the belt, strip him of the belt and let him go and have a load of super fight, Conor doesn't need the belt to sell ppvs anymore. As Conor says *fcuk the belt* would be some laugh if Conor just went after fun fights.... Nate/GSP/Woodley/Nick/Holloway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dana said he wants to make Tony vs Khabib again but it would be hard to get hyped for.

I'm glad Dana is talking about this fight again. It's a fight that has to be made. Even if the fight falls apart another two times the hype will never die.

I'm glad Dana is talking about this fight again. It's a fight that has to be made. Even if the fight falls apart another two times the hype will never die.

Yeah Dana said Khabib is scheduled to go to their new performance centre for training and nutrition help. Looks like they are investing in him to get to the fight this time.

Dana also trying to make Max vs Frankie. Cub responded that he should be next and is more deserving of the shot. Don't think so Mr. Swanson.

Would love to see Frankie win the belt.

How many shots at FW will this be for frankie? 3 ?

Are we counting fakedooooo interim belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

There is no other fights to make at FW currently. Max has cleared the division pretty much bar, Frankie, Cub and Yair. Year got destroyed by Frankie and Cub doesn't deserve a shot for beating Artem.

just to be clear i wasnt saying it shouldnt be frankie.....and ill be rooting for him too!

Frankie will be finished by Holloway, will laugh at his takedowns people will accept him then as p4p one the best to ever do it when he clears that fw division out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Frankie will be finished by Holloway, will laugh at his takedowns people will accept him then as p4p one the best to ever do it when he clears that fw division out.

I doubt hell get finished, but it'll be a one sided beatdown. I'd like to see Max take 1 or 2 fights at FW and then start challenging at 155.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It's perplexing to see people online arguing as to why Cub deserves a title shot. His fight against Max was not competitive anywhere.

The division pretty much is cleaned out after Frankie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement