Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cub should fight Aldo next

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mousassi announced on the MMA hour that he has signed a 6 fight deal with bellator. Says one of the reasons was Coker is an honest guy who treats fighters with respect. Big loss for the UFC especially with the state of MW at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mousassi announced on the MMA hour that he has signed a 6 fight deal with bellator. Says one of the reasons was Coker is an honest guy who treats fighters with respect. Big loss for the UFC especially with the state of MW at the moment.

What a loss absolutely senseless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The UFC dgaf.

Bellator is transitioning nicely from Freakshow to Strikeforce 2.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pissing myself at Danis on the mma hour complete comedy show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No matter if bisping wins or lose against whittaker, romero and him have gotta bang before bisping retires

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To be fair to Diaz, lets take money and sh!te out of it for a minute. Diaz choked Conor out and then gave Conor a rematch immediately, which Conor won by split decision (could have went either way). Conor owes Diaz his rematch, I don't think Conor will do it though because he knows he can't knock Diaz out and he doesn't want another 5 round war.

Im of the same opinion as GB. Nobody is owed a rematch, as least outside of title considerations. Nate didn't agree to the rematch for Conor he did it for Nate. He did it for the millions he was paid. FWIW, it wasn't a split decision. No judge score it for Nate. That's not a factor in the rubber match imo.

I like Nick and Nate. But over the last year they both taken the whole "the world owes me" schtick too far. Nick talks about wanting to fight, he turns down fight after fight and does all he can to get suspended. No doubt once his suspension is official he'll start going on about wanting to fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Just seen mousasi was co or main in 11 of his 12 ufc fights and they let him walk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ricero wrote: »
    No matter if bisping wins or lose against whittaker, romero and him have gotta bang before bisping retires

No chance unfortunately.

It'd be a good scrap. I'd actually fancy Bisping, especially in a 5 round fight. He might take some serious damage, but that doesn't really deter him. His cardio is miles ahead of Romero's though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

According to Helwani, there's been serious talk in the UFC of making Gaethje vs. Alvarez for later in the year, as well as having them coach TUF 26 leading into that fight.

Now that's something I'd love to see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

martyos121 wrote: »
    According to Helwani, there's been serious talk in the UFC of making Gaethje vs. Alvarez for later in the year, as well as having them coach TUF 26 leading into that fight.

Now that's something I'd love to see. :)

I hope the fight happens but they better not do a TUF season with them, wish that show would just die already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i dunno, id prefer see Porier and Eddie first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I actually enjoyed the most recent TUF season. Admittedly it's been the first decent one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any truth to liddel coming back. Chael mentioned it on mma hour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any truth to liddel coming back. Chael mentioned it on mma hour

Christ I hope not, any promoter/a.c. who let chuck fight again are criminally negligent imo

Depp wrote: »
    Christ I hope not, any promoter/a.c. who let chuck fight again are criminally negligent imo

Howya RIZIN hai!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He has talked about it as has his coach on the Anik Florian podcast. He posted a pic a while ago on instagram and he is ripped, looks better than he has in years but at the end of the day hes still 47. His brain, his body and his reflexes have slowed down and there is no place for someone of that age in the cage with a younger fighter. No one wants to see these fighters going one fight too many and ending up a vegetable and I personally would have no desire to see him back in the cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There might be chance, now he is not on the UFC payroll anymore. He had a sweet gig at the UFC and was getting paid well for not doing anything really.

I would say Chuck and Matt thought they were set up until they were a ripe old age, now that those agreements have fallen apart with the new owners they probably do not have the same loyalty to the brand and could do with making some of money that they thought they would have received being brand ambassadors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm thinking bellator will sign him and throw him in with Tito, Fedor, Cheal.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    I'm thinking bellator will sign him and throw him in with Tito, Fedor, Cheal.

They should just create a "Legends" division.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dashoonage wrote: »
    They should just create a "Legends" division.

Vitor was looking for that but at the end of the day its still crazy putting guys that age in the cage even if it is with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah, I would say there is a decent chance he would go to Bellator into the "legends league" . Tito and Wandy would be marketable fights and Chael also. (Although isn't Tito retired again?)

To lesser extent i could see him going to Rizin but only if he is not licensed in the US or offered big $.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Disappointed seeing Mousasi leave the UFC, was looking forward to him fighting any of other top 5 guys.

Him vs Rory at 185lbs is what I want now if he really plans on fighting above 170lbs. Watching Rory beat the piss out of Sonnen is a waste of time. Really hope that fight doesn't get made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looks like Dana throwing his weight around again with Ariel

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/884841547019071488

Zn83Rjo.jpg

Kevin Lee saying he is doing TUF now not eddie...

does the ufc know what its at any more lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dashoonage wrote: »
    Kevin Lee saying he is doing TUF now not eddie...

does the ufc know what its at any more lads?

Kevin Lee makes sense tbf. The season is going to end this December, he wants to fight on the Detroit card in the same month and that needs a main event, so they can just make it the TUF finale. Also, he has a big mouth and he's fairly witty in his own way (he absolutely owned El Cucuy in an interview after his last fight) so he isn't a bad choice in terms of character. He isn't a bad fighter at all, to top it off.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Kevin Lee makes sense tbf. The season is going to end this December, he wants to fight on the Detroit card in the same month and that needs a main event, so they can just make it the TUF finale. Also, he has a big mouth and he's fairly witty in his own way (he absolutely owned El Cucuy in an interview after his last fight) so he isn't a bad choice in terms of character. He isn't a bad fighter at all, to top it off.

sorry...i came across wrong...

what i meant was

Porier vs Eddie.
    No no Eddie vs gaethje
    No no wait.. Lee vs gaethje

make up yer minds lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

They should do Poirier v Alvarez again anyway. Lee v Gaetjhe would probably be better for TUF, both seem a bit better on camera. Where's Barboza these days? He's on a decent run and he's good to watch. Maybe a bit soon but I'd love to see him v Ferguson again. UFC are bringing Khabib to Vegas for training and nutrition help according to Dana, hopefully we'll see him back soon. Lightweight division, while having the most depth and some of the best fighters is completely off the radar at the top level right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement