Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Where be the almighty thread?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Richy06 wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer reporting that Brock V Jon Jones is what is being targeted by the UFC for the NYE show if JJ wins this weekend.

Madness!

All he has said is that Jones is a name he has heard being thrown around. Means absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ianob7 wrote: »
    "ALL THE VIOLENCE" haha. This card surpasses MSG for me, barao vs sterling and knight vs lamas along with all the headline acts and 3 belts on the line for good measure too :D

Great card but doesn't hold a candle to MSG, 205 had Khabib and Frankie Edgar on the Prelims!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jones would elbow the life out of Brock, takedown defence would be to good leaving Brock helpless like Alvarez with McGregor. Also his ban wont be up as far as im aware, and he hasnt been back with usada and if they gave him and exemption again what a farce that would be.

They already hid one failed test from Jones with Vitor I doubt they would want it to happen again. Seems like a non runner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    . Also his ban wont be up as far as im aware, and he hasnt been back with usada and if they gave him and exemption again what a farce that would be.
    He wasn't given a exemption the last time. That was media BS. The 6 month rule doesn't apply do post USADA signings.
    It only applies from when he exits the pool, so he'd have to do 6 months from now to return. There was a rumour that he re-entered the pool last week. But it wasn't true afaik. It was probably started because he ban was up (two weeks ago)
    They have
    They already hid one failed test from Jones with Vitor I doubt they would want it to happen again. Seems like a non runner imo.
    Hid a failed test from Jones? When was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    He wasn't given a exemption the last time. That was media BS. The 6 month rule doesn't apply do post USADA signings.
    It only applies from when he exits the pool, so he'd have to do 6 months from now to return. There was a rumour that he re-entered the pool last week. But it wasn't true afaik. It was probably started because he ban was up (two weeks ago)

The USADA Policy say fighters returning from Retirement have to re enter for 4 months. UFC made a statement saying he was exempt based on his contract situation with the WWE and needing their permission to return fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Didnt vitor fail before he fought jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Brock would get destroyed .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Is maia not a huge price at around 8/5???

if he gets woodley down its over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

akelly02 wrote: »

If Woodley connects with his patented shot once then it's over, and could very well happen in the first round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

akelly02 wrote: »

We all said that before the Masvidal fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

He might get destroyed, but it would pop a buy rate and build Jones even more. UFC need it after the poor year they've had thusly.

If those are the names being thrown around, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

We all said that before the Masvidal fight too.

still got the win though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

His ban isnt up it was frozen when he retired, so he wouldnt be able to fight in november anyway. The failed test was vitor popping and the ufc letting him fight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

KSW coming to Dublin

https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/889802780201934848

edit: on a sunday night....after the Saturday night UFC card in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

That performance v masvidal won't be near good enough sadly

ASOT wrote: »
    His ban isnt up it was frozen when he retired, so he wouldnt be able to fight in november anyway. The failed test was vitor popping and the ufc letting him fight anyway.
    Didn't realise they froze his ban when he retire. That's good, as is testing guys who are banned.
    I thought you were talking about Jones getting the hush hush treatment.

Vitor had synthetic testosterone or something turned up in his bloodwork panel prior to that fight, but he was on TRT back then so not really the same as failing a test for doping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Did anyone hear Bispings latest podcast? he had GSP on apparently as a guest, have never seen a campaign like it for a payday, laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Khabib holding out for McGregor. It's a dick move after pulling out last time and the UFC shouldn't give him the Conor fight without beating Ferguson yet, but Khabib vs Conor = $$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

mmmmm Tiramisu Cycle :p

I thought Conor was only talking about fighting Khabib given if he won the fight against Tony for the interim. Would be hard to give him a fight that big off of a failed weight cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I thought Conor was only talking about fighting Khabib given if he won the fight against Tony for the interim. Would be hard to give him a fight that big off of a failed weight cut.

I agree it would be a farce and a kick in the teeth for the rest of the division

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »
    216 is not enough time, but 4 more weeks and fighting at 217 would be grand.

Conveniently, 217 is also the MSG card.

216 is not enough time, but 4 more weeks and fighting at 217 would be grand.

Conveniently, 217 is also the MSG card.

10 weeks isn't enough time? Or does he need more to rebuild strength after Ramadan?

10 weeks isn't enough time? Or does he need more to rebuild strength after Ramadan?
    I think you missed the irony there.
    I don't believe he needs more time. I just think he wants on the MSG card. He's worried about his cardio, you heard it here first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I was all over Khabib beating Tony but I've changed my tune now the weight cutting thing has put me off Khabib I think Ferguson beats the piss out him after an onslaught from Khabib early, think it would look like bektic elkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Gamebred wrote: »
    I was all over Khabib beating Tony but I've changed my tune now the weight cutting thing has put me off Khabib I think Ferguson beats the piss out him after an onslaught from Khabib early, think it would look like bektic elkins.

What a fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dashoonage wrote: »
    KSW coming to Dublin

https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/889802780201934848

edit: on a sunday night....after the Saturday night UFC card in Poland.

Ah FFS, I'm planning on going to Gdansk for the UFC card but would love to catch this too. It has been 2 or 3 times now that an MMA event over here has clashed with a UFC card. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement