Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Bobby Razak uploaded one of John's old fights in full (doesn't last too long).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah FFS, I'm planning on going to Gdansk for the UFC card but would love to catch this too. It has been 2 or 3 times now that an MMA event over here has clashed with a UFC card. :(

Have booked flights over already for gdansk really looking forward to it. Hopefully a decent card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Have booked flights over already for gdansk really looking forward to it. Hopefully a decent card.

€100 for flights, yeah?

I'm 90% sure I'll be going. It seems like a cracking place for a weekend away, very cheap too. The Hilton and Radisson Blu are both 5 star and only about €50 per night per person.

The only issue I was seeing was that the arena is about 30 minutes away from the city centre and the airport the same distance from the city centre with public transport not being great? I could be massively off on that mind, I just looked briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    €100 for flights, yeah?

I'm 90% sure I'll be going. It seems like a cracking place for a weekend away, very cheap too. The Hilton and Radisson Blu are both 5 star and only about €50 per night per person.

The only issue I was seeing was that the arena is about 30 minutes away from the city centre and the airport the same distance from the city centre with public transport not being great? I could be massively off on that mind, I just looked briefly.

We booked from the friday 5am flight home sunday,staying in the Qbus i think its called, looks fairly nice and free boat to the city centre with the hotel. It was 140 all in. Theres 4 of us so it shouldnt cost to much hopefully to get around!

Any suggestions who might get on the card? Id imagine with the size of the city it shouldnt be hard to bump into a few fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Womens 125 division

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

xtal191 wrote: »
    Womens 125 division

This is the one Eddie and Gaethje are coaching?

Yeah it must be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Winnger of the TUF season gets the belt and they gets decapitated by Shevchenko or Joanna.

I wonder if many current UFC fighters will be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

xtal191 wrote: »
    I wonder if many current UFC fighters will be on it

Highly doubt the UFC would pay them their current Show/Win bonus when they get away with paying the TUF fighters peanuts.

TUF idea is silly if you're in the UFC. No training camp, none of your team and having to live in a house with 15 other people. Should have got 16 fighters interested and did a tournament on FightPass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    We booked from the friday 5am flight home sunday,staying in the Qbus i think its called, looks fairly nice and free boat to the city centre with the hotel. It was 140 all in. Theres 4 of us so it shouldnt cost to much hopefully to get around!

Any suggestions who might get on the card? Id imagine with the size of the city it shouldnt be hard to bump into a few fighters.

I think Karolina may be a good shout for the main. Not currently booked, home country, a relatively decent draw. Maybe her vs Calvillo would make sense but I don't know if Calvillo will want a bit of a break after 3 fights in quick succession?

I'm sure we'll get the likes of Held (zzzzz), Błachowicz and Grabowski (zzzzz) on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just watched penultimate episode of kingdom. wow can't wait for finale next week. Gutted it's over what a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

rob316 wrote: »
    Just watched penultimate episode of kingdom. wow can't wait for finale next week. Gutted it's over what a show!

waiting for the season to finish so i can binge it! such a good show? whens the finale go out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

On a stag in Galway lads, any places showing the fights tonight or gaffs open to visitors bearing cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Depp wrote: »
    waiting for the season to finish so i can binge it! such a good show? whens the finale go out?

Thursday night it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just seeing Brendan Schaub is doing a May/Mac special in the Sugar Club next Saturday.

Damn thing is sold out. A spoon if ever there was one..... but would have been interesting.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-05_at_09.47.08(2)_335_396.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just seeing Brendan Schaub is doing a May/Mac special in the Sugar Club next Saturday.

Damn thing is sold out. A spoon if ever there was one..... but would have been interesting.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-05_at_09.47.08(2)_335_396.png

He's doing SIX nights. All sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    He's doing SIX nights. All sold out.

3 nights, matinee and late shows, tickets on TM available for Monday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anyone paying for that in my opinion needs to save their money and spend it on a visit to their gp FOR SURE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anyone paying for that in my opinion needs to save their money and spend it on a visit to their gp FOR SURE.

Could be an absolute sh1tshow :D

• Advertisement

Fair play to Schaub he's done well for himself post UFC, much respect but I dont get his popularity at all, he talks utter ****e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ah I think he's all right.

He does speak some shite some of the time but he's also happy to give his honest opinion on things whether the UFC like it or not (DJ not fighting TJ, Reebok etc.) and seems like a sound enough guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

CatFromHue wrote:
    He does speak some ****e some of the time but he's also happy to give his honest opinion on things whether the UFC like it or not (DJ not fighting TJ, Reebok etc.) and seems like a sound enough guy too.

Podcast was good at the start but it's gone up it's own arse a bit these days.

Dropping knowledge with Bryan Callan....so much he says is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He's long on from the UFC, he doesn't have to give a ****e whether they like it or not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Awful match and a reason why nobody cares about gi bjj competitions zero grappling involved there bs advantage win the state of the guy celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jaysus, that was woeful

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I see the MMA journalists have set up an association
    MMAJA‏
    @TheMMAJA

Tonight in Anaheim, the MMAJA held its 1st official meeting. Some attended in person, while others via phone. We look forward to many more

DF4dFrXVwAA2de5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Did Ariel found this or is he front and centre due to being the most famous ?

Also what is the name of the fella in the dallas cowboys t-shirt ? I do enjoy his questions at press conferances

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Also what is the name of the fella in the dallas cowboys t-shirt ? I do enjoy his questions at press conferances
    John Morgan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement