Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I roll my eyes whenever someone uses the term "McNugget" here. Especially because it pokes fun at an Irish surname. This is an Irish message board not the Sherdog forum full of knuckle-draggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't follow WWE at all, but apparently Brock is leaving if he loses his title at an event.

Building up the storyline for his UFC comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't follow WWE at all, but apparently Brock is leaving if he loses his title at an event.

Building up the storyline for his UFC comeback?
    If he loses?
    I find that to be an odd condition on something that's scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Paully D wrote:

I wish Brock would just f**k off. I'll be pretty disgusted if he makes a comeback to UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oezdemir has called out Gustaffson to see who the real king of europe is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I wish Brock would just f**k off. I'll be pretty disgusted if he makes a comeback to UFC.

I've said it earlier in the chain, but your post is rich. . .. Everyone in the game is juicing... Are you disgusted at Jon Jones for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Especially because it pokes fun at an Irish surname.

It's a Scottish surname...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think the people who think Bisping is imitating Conor are surely largely ones who discovered the game through him, no harm in that but find it gas people can deride it when it comes to Bisping but no problem when Conor does it coz he is Irish.

I'll happily hold my hands up & admit my interest in MMA was piqued and began a few years back when Conor burst onto the UFC scene. I, like yourself, see absolutely no harm in that at all, and provided said newcomers don't turn into rabid fandogs, it's a positive thing. I, like many others, have grown my interest well beyond Conor at this stage, & while I'm still a huge fan of Conor, I'm a fan of several other fighters now just the same.

With that though, are fighters I never, didn't, or can't warm to...not because I compare them to anyone else, but for their own personalities, actions, or whatever else. Michael Bisping, as I've said, is one tough ass mother****er...he's a beast. I can't warm to his thrash talking though, to me it does seem genuinely contrived and forced, possibly with the exception of Rockhold who genuinely seems to have beef with Michael. His recent attempt at bigging up a fight with Whitaker, minutes after Whitaker came through an almighty battle, was dreadful imo....Whitaker was full of respect, praise, and admiration for Bisping, & you could just tell behind the bull****, that Bisping isn't feeling the things he's saying.

Comparing that to Conor's hyping of fights, I genuinely seem him as being far more able to get under his opponents skin, than Bisping can or has been able to. It's not out of fandom I say that, just a genuine observation. Conor destroyed Aldo in the pressers, wound up to fook by the time the fight came around, & played the psychological warfare aspect to a T. Conor is not some master tactician at doing it though, you need a certain chemistry between the two fighters to make it happen effectively too (something that perhaps Bisping hasn't had recently), Conors attempts at getting inside Diaz' head didn't work, & I don't particularly feel his attempts at getting inside Mayweathers head have worked either.

So while people may well indeed be worthy of the term "mcnugget", I don't think it's fair, or proper, to label someone with the term if they're speaking honestly, and in a non biased fashion. It's a bit elitist, not that welcoming from a community/forum perspective, and doesn't offer anything that might change the perspective of the 'mcnugget' either.
    dashoonage wrote: »
    I like to call these people mcnuggets. As far as i can see it MMA exists in two era's Before mcnugets and After mcnuggets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

callaway92 wrote:
    I've said it earlier in the chain, but your post is rich. . .. Everyone in the game is juicing... Are you disgusted at Jon Jones for example?

Brock hasn't even served his ban. And to see Jones calling out a guy who is a known juicer is pretty annoying when there are legitimate contenders there ready to fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Jones failed for PED's?

And yep, if he has or does I'll say the same thing about him. It galls me to see known drug cheats who have failed for PED's being allowed back to MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Brock hasn't even served his ban. And to see Jones calling out a guy who is a known juicer is pretty annoying when there are legitimate contenders there ready to fight.

Why are you surprised, Jones is hardly known as a paragon of Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Jones failed for PED's?

And yep, if he has or does I'll say the same thing about him. It galls me to see known drug cheats who have failed for PED's being allowed back to MMA.

He, and USADA believed him, failed for taking erection pills.

They, USADA, went and bought the pills independently and when they tested them they got the same results of Jones's failed test. They did go to town on him for being an idiot and not paying the slightest of attention to their literature and advice and he got banned for having a banned substance in his system. A reduced ban though.

So he did fail a drugs test, he failed one before for coke too, but I'm not sure if he was actually using them for performance enhancing....well out of the bedroom that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Plus Jones whole "the first fight I beat him off the steroids, the second fight I beat him...off the steroids..."

So when exactly were you on the juice Jon? Gas man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

They could well have, he did still get banned for a year so it's not like he got away Scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Someone trying to impress Dana me thinks.... after Tyron's threats yesterday.

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/892426935992803328

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Woodley is going to fight Covington next and the winner gets to leak whatever info they have? That's one Woodley fight that I could get invested in.

Jesus whatever about Woodley being boring Covington has absolutely no room to say anything, he's boring and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Jesus whatever about Woodley being boring Covington has absolutely no room to say anything, he's boring and crap.

He's on a 4 fight win streak, two of them didn't even have Wikipedia pages. He is the most irritating man in MMA.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He's on a 4 fight win streak, two of them didn't even have Wikipedia pages. He is the most irritating man in MMA.

He's easily the most boring fighter on the UFC's books now that Jared Rosholt has been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He's easily the most boring fighter on the UFC's books now that Jared Rosholt has been cut.

Him v Struve at 193 was the most boring fight I've ever seen.

Just realised that they're team mates.

Covington is a little weasel. Hopefully the other WW's in the stable beat the living snot out of im in the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

darced wrote: »

Clomid itself isn't a PED. It's something you take post-cycle to ensure you don't **** up your natural test production. Post cycle therapy they call it AFAIK

It's a banned substance though and it's presence suggests that something anabolic was present previously.

I don't know if Jones has ever doped, and we may never know for sure, but the story Chael told on JRE of Jones hiding for hours under the cage in JacksonWink from the USADA testers is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

There's been a few LW fights added to 216, with a few people who I would have thought as potential opponents for Duffy now tied up.

Dunham v Dariush
    Brooks v Lentz
    Vannata v Trujillo

Those are all around the level I'd like to see him fight, although Felder would be the one I'd make.

Hope he gets something announced soon as we've no Irish UFC fighters active at the moment.

A good win against someone just hovering behind the rankings would hopefully set up someone in the top 15, a win there and he might get a bit of a push.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Vannata v Abel Trujillo could be complete madness, Varner Trujillo was an epic knock will never forget him for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Gamebred wrote: »
    Vannata v Abel Trujillo could be complete madness, Varner Trujillo was an epic knock will never forget him for that alone.

Yeah that was a serious fight, pure violence and from what we've seen from Vannata it looks like he'll never have a boring fight.

LW is such a deep division there's about 10 lads unranked who are very dangerous to anybody in the top 15, such a pity most of the top 10 haven't fought for months and none of them booked either. McGregor , Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, Diaz and Iaquinta all top quality entertaining fighters and no sign of any of them being booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Django99 wrote: »
    McGregor , Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, Diaz and Iaquinta all top quality entertaining fighters and no sign of any of them being booked.

Did Iaquinta not huff/retire again?

Edit, he's not retired, but won't fight again unless they give him a raise, which by this stage probably means he's retired because he doesn't have enough clout to be holding Dana & Co to ransom.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/al-iaquinta-would-fight-tony-ferguson-mike-perry-trash-talks-both

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement