Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gamebred wrote:
    Sooner listen to a screaming baby than Schaub tell us how the McGregor fight will go for the 100th time.

I think you'd be surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He 18 months after he neat Kelvin in Janurary 2015, but that was the UFC's fault. They told him if he beat Big Rig in October 2015 he got a shot at the belt, they then told him that because Hendricks ****ed up and the fight was cancelled he was still next in line, they then gave a fight with Condit in January and told Woodley he'd be next in the summer. They put him on the shelf, for whatever reason.

Paddy power have odds up for Jones v Brock.

Jon Jones 2/7
    Brock Lesnar 9/4

Am I insane or does brock seem like very decent odds if this fight went ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jon Jones 2/7
    Brock Lesnar 9/4

I thought odds on a Jones win would be a lot less tbh. It's not happening either way though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Jon Jones 2/7
    Brock Lesnar 9/4

that's the best 2/7 shot I've seen in a very long time but yeah it probably will never happen if brock has any sense that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I would say it's the best 9/4 I've seen. I love Jones but Brock would absolutely batter Jones. Jon's just too scrawny and Brock is a monster. I hate talking about this fight because I know it won't happen, but **** I'd love to see it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Oh its happening alright will do 2m ppv buys next july fight week no doubts in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    Oh its happening alright will do 2m ppv buys next july fight week no doubts in my mind.

Botter said the exact same thing on Severe MMA pod. Too much money not to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I would say it's the best 9/4 I've seen. I love Jones but Brock would absolutely batter Jones. Jon's just too scrawny and Brock is a monster. I hate talking about this fight because I know it won't happen, but **** I'd love to see it!!

Brock is terrified of taking a strike to the head or body, and he'd 100% be caught by something coming into takedown range (his wrestling being the only chance he has of beating Jones of course). I like Brock but I see him being finished in the first or second by body strikes. This is a really tough fight for him to win despite his size advantage.

• Advertisement

Jones hasnt been seen much off his back but he'd be better than Hunto who just layed there although he hadnt much say in the matter, I dont Jones would elbow his face in dont think Brock has good enough ground and pound.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Brock is terrified of taking a strike to the head or body, and he'd 100% be caught by something coming into takedown range (his wrestling being the only chance he has of beating Jones of course). I like Brock but I see him being finished in the first or second by body strikes. This is a really tough fight for him to win despite his size advantage.

Those long range teeps to a midsection that's had a lot of surgery...

Think Jones dismantles him with ease.

I'll give Schaub one thing, he put up 100k to bet with Kellerman and Max bottled it, least he put some dough when his mouth is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I've never understood that if you don't want to gamble a point that you don't believe that point.

If Schaub said who ever is wrong about the fight has to kill themselves would people still think Max doesn't believe the point cos he doesn't want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jon Jones 2/7
    Brock Lesnar 9/4

If be all over Jones at that price. Guess you're insane.

He has the range enough to light him up standing. He also the TDD defense to keep it standing. And should it go to the mat, he's capable of subbing Brock off his back.
    Those are the main issues Hunt faced. Without any of those edges I don't give Brock a snowballs hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I've never understood that if you don't want to gamble a point that you don't believe that point.
    It's more the fact that putting money on the line proves your conviction.

Nobody has to gamble to prove a believe. But at the same time with nothing on the line, people are free to make as many ridiculous claims as they like.
    If Schaub said who ever is wrong about the fight has to kill themselves would people still think Max doesn't believe the point cos he doesn't want to do that.
    Unless you win immortality by betting your life, it's not really the same.
    And even then theres fundamental differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Depending on odds id back brock just on size and his ability to bumrush and pin people down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What were the odds for Hunt vs Brock? I believe most people didn't give Brock a chance in that fight.

If Brock does the same tactics he can win a fight with Jones the same way. Jones doesn't have the same type of danger with his strikes that Hunt does so gives Brock more of a chance to complete a takedown.

Jones was taken down by Gus and didn't look up to much on his back, will be even more difficult with a huge Brock on top.

Jones is absolutely grand on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Jones is usually the much bigger guy though. No matter what having a guy brocks size on you would be physically draining as ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

While that's probably true, it's very difficult to say for sure because he's never been on his back apart from a few seconds against DC and Gus.

I don't know how I'd see the fight going, Jones clearly the more skilled fighter but Lesnar is huge, and a bit of an anomaly in terms of MMA. I'd probably back Jones to win but not at 2/7, I'd have him more like a 1/2 shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GSP is favourite for the fight against Bisping. Bisping available at 13/10, GSP 4/5. Very surprised at that. I'll be all over Mike at that price.

Talks of Lawler v Masvidal for an Interim WW Title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭shanec1928

That will send Tyron over the edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Why?

Hate him or love him, he's extremely active. He's fought 4 times in a year.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why?

Hate him or love him, he's extremely active. He's fought 4 times in a year.

I agree, but I was reading on Sherdog that both Lawler and Masvidal have said that they have been approached about an Interim title fight. You dont threaten to leak stuff on the boss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Maybe the shoulder injury is worse than he originally feared and the interim title is necessary?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Maybe the shoulder injury is worse than he originally feared and the interim title is necessary?

You'd think they could at least wait a little longer than a week after he defends haha. Imagine if Conor had defended a few days ago, says he will defend again as soon as he is fit and they were planning an Interim belt :eek::eek::eek: Sh!t would hit the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Laaaaaads, the one thing Tryon didn't want was mention of an interim shot :pac: no apology and interim, ball is in your court Mr Woodley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Mellor wrote: »
    It's more the fact that putting money on the line proves your conviction.

Nobody has to gamble to prove a believe. But at the same time with nothing on the line, people are free to make as many ridiculous claims as they like.

Unless you win immortality by betting your life, it's not really the same.
    And even then theres fundamental differences.

I have to say I still don't get it, it always comes across as mutton head macho man stuff. If they knew each other or worked together it might be different but Kellerman prob had no idea who Schaub was before this fight so why would he make a bet with some randomer like that. He may still not know who Schaub is.

In other news
    Coach Kavanagh‏Verified account
    @John_Kavanagh
    Looking forward to hearing this conversation between @benshapiro and @joerogan https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UQTfyjhvfH8 … be cool to go on some day

JK putting it out there that he'd like to go on Rogan's podcast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement