Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I have to say I still don't get it, it always comes across as mutton head macho man stuff. If they knew each other or worked together it might be different but Kellerman prob had no idea who Schaub was before this fight so why would he make a bet with some randomer like that. He may still not know who Schaub is.

In other news

JK putting it out there that he'd like to go on Rogan's podcast

I hope if Kavanagh goes on the podcast that Rogan doesn't lick up to him like he does with some guests. A lot of what Kavanagh says could do with being challenged, where someone like Helwani will never do it Rogan definitely could.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Rogan loves JK thinks very highly of him, Rogan also doesnt give anyone a hard time unless they are a complete spoofer altogether he goes along with the flow and awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I think Rogan/JK (can't remember which) have already confirmed that the JRE is happening, just waiting for JK to be free for a day in LA for it to happen.

Think that was Firas Zahabi^?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Django99 wrote: »
    I hope if Kavanagh goes on the podcast that Rogan doesn't lick up to him like he does with some guests. A lot of what Kavanagh says could do with being challenged, where someone like Helwani will never do it Rogan definitely could.

Rogan doesn't challenge anyone. His political beliefs change based on who he's interviewing.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Think that was Firas Zahabi^?

Fairly sure it was for JK? Maybe both? He might have that agreement with numerous people, it kind of makes sense.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rogan doesn't challenge anyone. His political beliefs change based on who he's interviewing.

Unless you in some way bad mouth weed :p

Lukker- wrote: »

Unless you in some way bad mouth weed :p

That JRE with Crowder was bizzare. Ffs Joe was trying to say weed doesn't affect your driving :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

That JRE with Crowder was bizzare. Ffs Joe was trying to say weed doesn't affect your driving :rolleyes:

Any time I smoke and drove I was driving alot slower anyways!

Episode 1000 is coming close wonder if he gets a big name on for it.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Any time I smoke and drove I was driving alot slower anyways!

I'd a friend growing up who used to be a shocking driver sober...anxious, spluttering and stop starty...when he had a toke it was all smooth sailing, way more fluid and aware of his surroundings.

Now I'd be the total opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Episode 1000 is coming close wonder if he gets a big name on for it.

Prob just another Joey Diaz edible fueled rant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Prob just another Joey Diaz edible fueled rant

Khalababeeb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours of no love vs tj at ufc 216

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If the Cody who beat Cruz shows up he's going to KO TJ.

If the Cody who beat Cruz shows up he's going to KO TJ.

Think TJ's way more technically gifted than him tbh, and he'll adapt his game plan to what he saw vs Cruz. Cody is all about counters, so I think we could get a chess match, where TJ is reluctant to commit first. Hope it's a good brawl though, hope Cody gets the brakes beat off him, he's a grade A moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

really hyped about that fight. Could definitely see TJ coming up with a good game-plan to win. He's a different beast than Cruz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can see no love getting tj out of there inside 3 rounds. Cody has serious power in his hands and his movement is excellent. Tj is no slouch either, reckon it could be a barn burner of a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,421 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I have to say I still don't get it, it always comes across as mutton head macho man stuff. If they knew each other or worked together it might be different but Kellerman prob had no idea who Schaub was before this fight so why would he make a bet with some randomer like that. He may still not know who Schaub is.

Macho man? I dunno, it's a bet not a fight. I don't see an issue, but betting is pretty routine for me and my group of friends. Even with strangers.
    You see it on here a lot, some spoofer comes out with a mad claim, or challenging others . Somebody excepting their bet usually puts them back in their box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Aldo training with Robert Garcia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXWYcpEhKbO/?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This will be a good fight! Is Rose ready??

https://twitter.com/MMATodayNews/status/893555039070937089

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh man I'd love Rose to win but I just can't see it, she needs to get it to the ground and stay there. Let's go Thug Rose!! Fight is worth it just to have Rose and Pat Barry in embedded, they could do with their own web show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Great fight, hopefully Joanna moves up to 125 after this one, she'll have cleared out the division if she beats Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

been watching and waiting...and looking at expedia every day.....time to bite the bullet me thinks.

dashoonage wrote: »
    been watching and waiting...and looking at expedia every day.....time to bite the bullet me thinks.

For which event?

I've been considering the new years card in Vegas, week there in the Venetian flight inc for a grand seems decent they usually have a big card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've been considering the new years card in Vegas, week there in the Venetian flight inc for a grand seems decent they usually have a big card.

I jokingly suggested NYE in Vegas to the wife and she was surprisingly keen.

Vegas fireworks etc at New Year's is supposed to be spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

NYC again, did it last year, Vegas never appealed to me to be honest. Each to their own and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Now you have me considering this. Where'd you piece the above together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dashoonage wrote: »
    NYC again, did it last year, Vegas never appealed to me to be honest. Each to their own and all that.

I probably preferred NYC to Vegas for a fight but it did work out more expensive for me anyway (price of tickets probably skewed it for 205 though).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement