Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

qwabercd wrote: »
    I probably preferred NYC to Vegas for a fight but it did work out more expensive for me anyway (price of tickets probably skewed it for 205 though).

Yup its more expensive all right. My logic however is...if the card falls to **** in vegas im in a place i have no interest in being in only for the UFC card...ive done the grand canyon and all that...However if an MSG card fell to ****....well....im in NYC like :P

Havent booked anything yet anyways as JJ VS Tug isnt confirmed yet...Tickets are on sale for fight club members on Sept 6th so ill hold off another week or two..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ferguson Khabib will be co main I reckon for that NYC card if Tiramisu can make weight.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ferguson Khabib will be co main I reckon for that NYC card if Tiramisu can make weight.

If we got JJ and Rose and Ferg and Khabib id be delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There will be a debate about the legitimacy of mma as a sport on Thursday on 2fm. I might be attending it not sure yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    There will be a debate about the legitimacy of mma as a sport on Thursday on 2fm. I might be attending it not sure yet.

Why bother? these people cant be reasoned with that think its barbaric ect, let them be if they dont like it dont watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

What? We're seriously still at the "legitimacy" debate?

In other news, anyone see Ronda's new video? Could be wrong but looks like setting up a comeback (or possibly a feature film).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Why bother? these people cant be reasoned with that think its barbaric ect, let them be if they dont like it dont watch it.

It is barbaric, but so are many sports. Rugby is the same but it will always be looked at as a gentleman's sport. For many MMA will always be associated with underground cage fighting and tribal tattoos.

Dont do it! its a trap
    What? We're seriously still at the "legitimacy" debate?

In other news, anyone see Ronda's new video? Could be wrong but looks like setting up a comeback (or possibly a feature film).

man you knows you gotta post the links mans!

dashoonage wrote: »
    Dont do it! its a trap

man you knows you gotta post the links mans!

Ooops sorry. Movie style video here on main page:

http://www.rondarousey.com/

Comes hot on the heels of a lot of WWE talking-heads saying Ronda would be perfect for them. She's obviously releasing the video for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Video not sayin much. Loos like she's getting married. Sharpening up on her boxing defence too, which is a must, seeing as who she's marrying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Don't usually do this, but does anyone have a Fight Club code that they wouldn't mind me using for early access for Gdansk tickets on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Paully D wrote: »
    Don't usually do this, but does anyone have a Fight Club code that they wouldn't mind me using for early access for Gdansk tickets on Wednesday?

PM sent there, let me know if any issues.

qwabercd wrote: »
    PM sent there, let me know if any issues.

Top man. That's very much appreciated and hopefully I can return the favour in the future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Top man. That's very much appreciated and hopefully I can return the favour in the future. :)

No worries at all would only be sitting there unused otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

If you could give us a good review of your time in Gdansk & the fight nite...

Who is rumoured for the Gdansk fight night?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Anyone go to Brendan Schaub tonight?

Have tickets for tomorrow night and on the fence whether to go or not

pauldoo wrote: »
    Anyone go to Brendan Schaub tonight?

Have tickets for tomorrow night and on the fence whether to go or not

I have tickets also but I decided to not go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why did you but the tickets if you didn't want to go?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why did you but the tickets if you didn't want to go?
    I do want to go but some stuff came up for me in life and I dont want to spend the 150ish euro it will cost me to travel/drink/babysitters (I live in Waterford). When I bought the tickets I thought I was flush with money haha, since then I started a new job and am not getting my first pay until next month so under pressure a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

I do want to go but some stuff came up for me in life and I dont want to spend the 150ish euro it will cost me to travel/drink/babysitters (I live in Waterford). When I bought the tickets I thought I was flush with money haha, since then I started a new job and am not getting my first pay until next month so under pressure a bit.

Should have posted up here, i would have bought them off you i was gutted i missed out. Congrats on the new job.

Rocko wrote: »
    If you could give us a good review of your time in Gdansk & the fight nite...

I certainly will. Well, what I remember of it anyway! :pac:
    Who is rumoured for the Gdansk fight night?

Apparently Mamed Khalidov, the current KSW fighter who recently finished Luke Barnatt in 20 seconds on an ACB card, has been offered Lyota Machida in Gdansk.

However, he's on huge money at the moment and has had a couple of testing prior negotiations with the UFC so I'd suggest it's fairly unlikely at the moment.

ASOT wrote: »
    Should have posted up here, i would have bought them off you i was gutted i missed out. Congrats on the new job.

It was literally only tonight I decided not to go. I have the money to go but if I do then I'll be tight for the rest of the month, so it was like an hour ago we decided not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah on the post about the debate however might pop down. Crazy people still so against it when they are fine with boxing and American football etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hahaha, saw on Instagram about Schaub ordering a pint of stout with blackcurrant cordial in it. Not the most macho thing in the world.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hahaha, saw on Instagram about Schaub ordering a pint of stout with blackcurrant cordial in it. Not the most macho thing in the world.
    Who's macho enough to say it to his face though? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think Schaub drinks much, outside the fight companions I don't think he drinks at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Ian McCall gave a very sad/threatening Interview. Sounded desperate and out of options.

7 years to the day since Silva v Sonnen 1. To this day I still don't know how Chael didn't manage to get out of there with the win. Crazy ending.

• Advertisement

UFC 214 did 850,000 buys according to Darren Rovell of ESPN but there's a catch: He said that number included Canada & Australia.

Now, usually a PPV number doesn't include CA & OZ but that would account for roughly 120,000 buys so the real number would be closer to 700/750,000 which means it did worse than Jones-Cormier 1 and almost $1.3 million less at the gate.

Literally everything came together for this card, all matches stayed on, it was eagerly anticipated and while 750k is a good number, all things considered they're probably disappointed. More so, it shows they could really do with Conor headlining MSG or the December 30th card in Vegas.

In other news, WME-IMG are buying out most of the Fertitta brothers and Dana Whites remaining stake in the company. I'm not positive what % the Fertitta's/White retain but I believe it's less than 5% of the company.

Regardless, it now means WME-IMG will have a 51% controlling interest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement