Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Regarding Henderson he lost against pettis rda and cowboy in a fight I thought he won. Suddenly he was 12 or 13. It's almost like they wanted rid of him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

smilerf wrote: »
    Regarding Henderson he lost against pettis rda and cowboy in a fight I thought he won. Suddenly he was 12 or 13. It's almost like they wanted rid of him

Smashed thatch and beat masvidal is his last two, didn't see him going myself he was still a big enough draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A bunch of people intervened from what I read and he hit two of them

March 5 as in 2 weeks ago or last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

smilerf wrote: »

Those are interpreted by the media anyways it was 12 or 13 ranked in the WW division where he moved since the Thatch fight.

I found him painfully boring as a fighter I have to say and know I'm not the only one, proposing to his GF after scraping a split decision after one of his fights was just embarrassing. Thought he beat Cowboy too but was delighted when he didn't get the nod :D

What's interesting is Benson seems to have been around in UFC for yonks but 4 times is all he appeared on their PPV (3 of those times fighting for a title).

Let's be honest he is mainly gonna be known as the guy who received the showtime kick in the last ever WEC event.

Shogun now fighting Corey Anderson at his hometown UFC 198...some injury that was ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shogun now fighting Corey Anderson at his hometown UFC 198...some injury that was ;)

Ah someone on here called it exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah someone on here called it exactly!
    ASOT wrote: »
    Guarantee he's not injured and he's pulling out to fight on the Brazil card in his hometown.

It was painfully obvious, some man shogun is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

UFC 198 now has

Werdum v Miocic
    Jacare v Vitor
    Silva v Hall
    Shogun v Anderson
    Maia v Brown
    and possibly Zingano v Cyborg

Great card. Anderson against Uriah Hall is a strange one though. Anderson doesn't really gain anything by beating Hall, Where as if Hall wins everyone will say Anderson is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man i really like Zingano, do not want to see her get wrecked by cyborg. Would that be at 135 or 145 to test FW waters?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zigano? Wow she's the last person I'd be putting in front of Cyborg. She's been out a year after a bizzare showing verses Ronda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cain v Browne looking likely for UFC 200. It's going to give me so much pleasure watching Cain punch Browne's lights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mellor wrote: »
    Zigano? Wow she's the last person I'd be putting in front of Cyborg. She's been out a year after a bizzare showing verses Ronda.

You would think that's exactly who the UFC would want to feed Cyborg. Build up Cyborg for a potential Rousey (or Tate) showdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You would think that's exactly who the UFC would want to feed Cyborg. Build up Cyborg for a potential Rousey (or Tate) showdown.

Cyborg v Ronda will never happen IMO. Cyborg just can't make 135 without destroying herself and Ronda's not going to fight her at 140.

Paully D wrote: »
    Cyborg v Ronda will never happen IMO. Cyborg just can't make 135 without destroying herself and Ronda's not going to fight her at 140.

The belt is at 135 which was the main stumbling block I would've thought Ronda hasn't got that now.

So of Cyborg does fight in the UFC you reckon it would be catchweight?

Just noticed CM Punk is on Paddy Power for 199. Is that announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's 100% not on that card. He just had back surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

is he under novelty bets?

Cain v Browne looking likely for UFC 200. It's going to give me so much pleasure watching Cain punch Browne's lights out.

Also Mousasi was campaigning for a big fight well looks like he may have got more than he bargained for rumored bout with Derek Brunson seems slated for 200 too.

He's 100% not on that card. He just had back surgery.

Ok I'm putting €500 on now that he'll pull out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ok I'm putting €500 on now that he'll pull out. :)

Anyone got a link for this bet ?

14murphy wrote: »

Http/www:I'm only joking/ paddypower.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Http/www:I'm only joking/ paddypower.ie

Cant seem to find in the UFC/MMA section.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Strong rumours that the UFC will be sold to Chinese investors according to Jonathan Snowden

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/710510170061799424

Jeremy Botter was saying something similar earlier in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »
    Strong rumours that the UFC will be sold to Chinese investors according to Jonathan Snowden

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/710510170061799424

Jeremy Botter was saying something similar earlier in the year.

The brothers have been trying to sell it for about 2 years now. Was talk of Yahoo! and then FOX buying it, but neither happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

That Silva Hall fight is stupid 2 counter punchers will be a snooze fest.

14murphy wrote: »

Sorry it's on Bet365, not Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Why would the Fertittas want to sell? Surely it's still a cash machine for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like Uriah Hall and Anderson Silva but as a match up I am not excited for it at all. I thought they would have waited for Belfort/Souza to play out first and then give Silva the winner for that at UFC 200 or a future Brazilian show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just checking start times for the UFC tomorrow night and not sure if it's been discussed yet but what's the story with all the prelims being on Fight Pass?

Now, I'm not complaining because there's some good fights on there but why have Ross Pearson/Laprise as the second overall fight rather than leading him into the main card?

If the fights are on Fight Pass anyway, it shouldn't make much of a difference unless they're doing it for the supposed benefit of European/UK fans to watch him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement