Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dashoonage wrote: »
    Will probably be the exact same as last year.

I booked flights and hotel last night!

The pricing structure might the same but often the pricing structure is a load of bs. There was virtually no tickets available at the cheaper ranges for 205. We are right up the back with $600 tickets. Without McGregor and without the buzz of it being first NYC event (not to mention the 205 undercard) the average ticket price will surely be lower for 217.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Shouldn't a MayMc thread for the event be moved to the boxing forum or we expecting a head kick after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Shouldn't a MayMc thread for the event be moved to the boxing forum or we expecting a head kick after all?

There will be one in the boxing thread too, but seeing as it's a crossover event, I don't have any issue with there being separate threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lukker- wrote: »
    There will be one in the boxing thread too, but seeing as it's a crossover event, I don't have any issue with there being separate threads.

There is one
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/104295877

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Gastelum v Anderson Silva booked for UFC Shanghai. Slightly disappointed Gastelum is sticking with MW, although this should be a good fight. Silva surely close to retiring at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Django99 wrote: »
    Gastelum v Anderson Silva booked for UFC Shanghai. Slightly disappointed Gastelum is sticking with MW, although this should be a good fight. Silva surely close to retiring at this stage.

Kelvin doesn't want to fight MW anymore but I'd imagine getting paid for a headline and fighting Anderson was too good of an offer to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,424 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, I think he knows that Silva isn't the same as he used to me and it would look good on his resume.

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, I think he knows that Silva isn't the same as he used to me and it would look good on his resume.

And he's quite young, when Anderson was in his pomp Kelvin was still a kid, he's probably one of his idols, the chance to have this fight will never happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,424 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah that too. Parts of him probably wants to experience what it's like fighting prime Anderson in the matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

All true, I suppose if there's any fight at 185 I'd like to see him in its this one. A win here and maybe if he cut back to 170, he'd only be a win or two away from a title shot. I really think he can dominate at 170, and there's some really good match ups down there for him. One of my favourite fighters in the UFC at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any crack from the debate last night? I saw paddy holohan posted an instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn7ownh4Qn/

If you say it on twitter bet your ass I will find you and ask you to your face !! #49-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

It was decent enough however kept coming back to Conor and not really MMA V Boxing. Paddy wasn't happy that tweet about brokeback mountain a few years ago by Kenny Egan.

Wanted to make a few points at end but it ran out of time and didn't get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    . Paddy wasn't happy that tweet about brokeback mountain a few years ago by Kenny Egan.

Jesus Christ, that's a fair while to hold a grudge over what was clearly a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Seems that cut deep, they said they were always for irish boxers etc and couldn't believe it. Paddy doesn't like what happens in boxing clubs too, interesting enough at times when it didn't go back to Conor v Floyd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It happened over 4 years ago and just reading it back I'm surprised at how diplomatic McGregor was

https://www.balls.ie/mma/kenny-egan-and-conor-mcgregor-twitter-argument-76571

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It happened over 4 years ago and just reading it back I'm surprised at how diplomatic McGregor was

https://www.balls.ie/mma/kenny-egan-and-conor-mcgregor-twitter-argument-76571

Diplomatic? Had he been subjected to some form of egregious insult?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You're on top form today!

You're on top form today!

I suppose he did grow up in the wild west of Crumlin. Bodies strewn in the streets and drug dealers on every corner. A kill or be killed environment. Anything other than an all out armed assault on Kenny Egan and anyone connected to him would have been a comparatively measured response.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I just thought he didn't insult Egan or boxing and yet easily shut Egan up.

I suppose he did grow up in the wild west of Crumlin. Bodies strewn in the streets and drug dealers on every corner. A kill or be killed environment. Anything other than an all out armed assault on Kenny Egan and anyone connected to him would have been a comparatively measured response.

I don't know why you seek out McGregor conversations when you clearly have an issue with the whole "McGregor enigma".

• Advertisement

I don't know why you seek out McGregor conversations when you clearly have an issue with the whole "McGregor enigma".

Seek out? I follow the thread and was discussing Holohan, not McGregor. **** me, so many around here get so ****ing precious about anything they consider any form of slur or denigration directed towards the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Seek out? I follow the thread and was discussing Holohan, not McGregor. **** me, so many around here get so ****ing precious about anything they consider any form of slur or denigration directed towards the man.

This is a CmG safe space, either attach your mouth to his balls or leave.

Conor Bless

You were referring to tweets about McGregor, not Paddy. For sure, the precious people are just as bad as those who have nothing but negative things to say. Equally as bad. So you're in good company.

You were referring to tweets about McGregor, not Paddy. For sure, the precious people are just as bad as those who have nothing but negative things to say. Equally as bad. So you're in good company.

I was discussing Holohan's supposed chip on his shoulder over four year old tweets, then someone else brought McGregor into things by banging on about his diplomacy ffs.

Context is useful.

Khabib vs Tony, Max vs Frankie, Cody vs TJ and GSP vs Bisping all slated for 217 in MSG according to UFC on Fox Facebook page, expect the announcement any day now.

That's a serious main card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Khabib vs Tony, Max vs Frankie, Cody vs TJ and GSP vs Bisping all slated for 217 in MSG according to UFC on Fox Facebook page, expect the announcement any day now.

Pullouts in either or both of khabib v Feet and Bisping c gsp

Pullouts in either or both of khabib v Feet and Bisping c gsp

Whist! We shall feed one of DJ and Rockhold to the MMA injury gods to appease them for this glorious card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Whist! We shall feed one of DJ and Rockhold to the MMA injury gods to appease them for this glorious card!

its fine Hendricks missing weight by miles resulting in the fight being called off will be sacrifice enough for 217 , maybe put sage on the card as a backup sacrifice. Cowboy was last years sacrifice...I found out at weigh ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

217 could be an absolute monster of a card.

• Advertisement

Card has been announced but instead of Max vs Frankie it's Joanna vs Rose in the third title fight slot.

Still a fantastic main card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement